Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

No craic in here, we're missing Muppets positive outlook on life..

So anyone know much about this Cazrola fella, rated pretty highly..

Wry smile Twitter offerings..

So Arsenal will have signed Podolski, Giroud and Cazrola for the same price as Andy Carroll - Ladies and Gentleman I give you Arsene Wenger..

Cazorla, Podolski and Giroud = 155 caps, £35m. Downing, Carroll and Henderson = 46 caps, £70m.

#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Chim chiminy chim chiminy chim chim cheroo
Who needs Van Persie when we've got Giroud.

So, Corporal Jenkinson says there's a plan B this year. He's gonna hit the wings and cross her in.
Chesney says some great work is being done in defence during pre-season.

Humph. Trying to see some positives.

Wilshere still months away. Ramsey has stalled badly. Walcott wants out.

Low expectations this year. The board seems edgy too.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

QuoteHumph. Trying to see some positives.

Cazrola made the Guardian European Team of the Year and they had this to say about him

Possibly the signing of the season, despite the significant transfer fee. Cazorla swapped Villarreal for Málaga – and as Villarreal went from 4th to 18th, Málaga went from 11th to 4th. He's not the only reason, of course, as Málaga have shelled out other star names, but his consistency over the course of the season has been highly commendable. He's not particularly fast and doesn't score many goals from open play, but his positioning and movement marks him out as one of the most intelligent players around – he's selfless and precise with his passing, and also one of the best free-kick takers in Europe.

Giroud and Podolski are also positive signings, Gervinho will be much better this year, Vermaelen will be fit for the start of the season, Chesney has another years experience under his belt and Wilshere will return before Christmas and RVP hasn't even left yet. Pretty confident the Gooners will be top 3 and might actually challenge Man City for title for longer than normal.
#newbridgeornowhere

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

Mannone, Yennaris, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Coquelin, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Walcott, Giroud, Podolski

In a few mins v Cologne. RVP on bench.

Billys Boots

Any truth in the rumour that Arsenal Ladies have made overtures to Katie Taylor to join them?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Denn Forever

Quote from: Billys Boots on August 14, 2012, 11:46:50 AM
Any truth in the rumour that Arsenal Ladies have made overtures to Katie Taylor to join them?

That seemed to be the considered opinion of the boxing pundits on RTE.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

supersarsfields

Not sure about Arsenal, But Mr Stallone has said he would love to make a movie from Katie's story.

ONeill

AN interesting breakdown of Arsenal's injury enigma -here - which although doesn't offer a definitive reason or solution, does pose questions of how our injured players are treated.

Some interesting tables.

EC Unique

It is not great reading from a Utd prospective either :-\

ONeill

ONeill

Great business and all that but it's a watershed moment for Arsenal. Fabregas, Nasri, Adebayor, Flamini, Hleb, Toure, Clichy, Cole.......now RVP. Who next? Wilshere, Song, Vermaelen? Arsenal sell players when they're at their most valuable. A selling club but i suppose it's more indicative of player power today.

Someone on here, a few years ago, said they were once a big fan of a club but lapsed when they realised it was a filthy operation, full of overpaid primadonnas who were worshiped by the Sky-Sports brainwashing machine and, in turn, the great unwashed. I was foolish to think he'd jumped the gun. He was 100% correct.

Kissing the crest, proud to be captain - bastards all.

Who's going to read Wally's crosses now?

GalwayBayBoy

Hard to see how Arsenal couldn't have sold him to the likes of Juve, Bayern or either of the Spanish teams even if it meant settling for a bit less cash. Selling your best players to your direct rivals is not going to keep the fans onside. And Arsenal have done it two Summers in a row now. Seems to be strong rumours that Song is for the off as well.

I imagine Arsenal will try to make at least one big signing to appease the fans if nothing else. I imagine they are fuming.

Walter Cronc

Totally agree GBB. I heard the fee was 15 million plus add on's. Sick of this selling within England business. Its hard to know whether Wenger sanctions these moves or his hands are tied by the board. Given the fact that he is such an intelligent economist makes me think its his call. If the likes of Llorente or even Clint Dempsey was signed I'd be happy enough but honestly can't see that happening! Huge pressure on Podolski and Giroud to start well now!

Captain Obvious

Chelsea and the Manchester clubs target is a league title for Arsenal it's champions league qualification they signed Lukas Podolski,Olivier Giroud two good forwards that can keep the target on track.