Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: centre 3/4s on May 06, 2012, 08:48:03 PM
I am a wenger supporter and honestly believe he has the best interests of the club at heart but if we don't finish 3rd i think it is time the great man moved aside. He has been brilliant for this club and i honestly believe that the players are much more to blame than Arsene but the buck does stop with him and he did sign all the goats.. Ramsey, Djourou, Schillachi, Chamack, Santos, to name a few. All those and a few others need to be shipped out if we are serious about competing at the highest level

It depends what the club want. If they're happy with jockeying for a CL place every year whilst not forking out too much in the transfer market then Wenger's the man. He's the master at that. If they're after a league title forget it. Whe France were in the top 2 in the world Arsenal were flying. Outside of Zidane, he could persuade any member of that team to join Highbury. And they were damn brilliant players. He still likes to dabble in the French market or league. Now Arsenal have Diaby, Sagna, Koscielny, Squillaci, Coquelin whilst picking up the likes of Gervinho, Park and Chamakh from the French league. Second rate players he cannot turn to gold.

I'm still convinced that his memoirs will reveal how tight the purse was since the new stadium was mooted.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Billys Boots

A forerunner to Wenger's departure??
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 10, 2012, 01:57:39 PM

Na he was suppose to go last season but Wenger persuaded him to hang on. Steve Bould will be the new number 2 so expect plenty of red cards for the Gonners next season, from players going straight through the back legs of the opposition.
#newbridgeornowhere

Billys Boots

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 10, 2012, 02:06:44 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on May 10, 2012, 01:57:39 PM

Na he was suppose to go last season but Wenger persuaded him to hang on. Steve Bould will be the new number 2 so expect plenty of red cards for the Gonners next season, from players going straight through the back legs of the opposition.

That'll be a pleasant change!  ;)

ziggy90

Quote from: Declan on May 10, 2012, 01:36:58 PM
http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/rice-to-leave-arsenal-3104215.html

Good servant

A Throwback, I mean that in a positive way. Arsenal have had some loyal servants over the years but I think Rice has been the best of the lot. How many Irishmen were in that famous Arsenal team of the 70's? Best of luck to him in his retirement.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Billys Boots

Quote from: ziggy90 on May 10, 2012, 02:31:16 PM
http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/sport/rice-to-leave-arsenal-3104215.html

Good servant

A Throwback, I mean that in a positive way. Arsenal have had some loyal servants over the years but I think Rice has been the best of the lot. How many Irishmen were in that famous Arsenal team of the 70's? Best of luck to him in his retirement.

Jennings, Rice, Nelson, O'Leary, Brady & Stapleton.

Declan

QuoteO'Leary, Brady & Stapleton.

and Johhny Murphy!!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 10, 2012, 02:32:39 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on May 10, 2012, 02:31:16 PM

Good servant

Jennings, Rice, Nelson, O'Leary, Brady & Stapleton.

I have a birthday card from the early 80s that John Devine sent over with most of their autographs. A good memory.
#newbridgeornowhere

ziggy90

I've just googled that team and for the life of me I can't remember David Price. :o

Gaffer

Quote from: ziggy90 on May 10, 2012, 03:21:36 PM
I've just googled that team and for the life of me I can't remember David Price. :o

Blond haired geezer. Midfield, Wore number 4
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ziggy90

I would have put it in the top 20 of all time if wasn't for who he beat!!

ONeill

Well, what's the predictions?

WBA 2 Arsenal 1
Spuds 1 Fulham 1