Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Billys Boots

I thought that was a decent game ...
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Billys Boots on April 21, 2012, 04:14:46 PM

I thought it awful and boring with both teams of giving away possession very easily.

Chelsea needed the win so surprised they were so defensive..

Interesting few weeks ahead but with Newcastle having to play Man City and Chelsea away Arsenal should finish top 4.

#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

The more I think about it, and especially if Spuds win later, that was a very bad result for Chelsea.

Arsenal have two away games at Stoke and WBA with a home game against Norwich sandwiched in between. Spurs have a decent run-in. Newcastle will be targeting the Chelsea game to forge a gap between them. Assuming Barca dump them out on Tues, it looks bleak for them.

EC Unique

If Chelsea stumble past barca they will be in with a good chance of winning the CL in which case 4th will not be needed!

Billys Boots

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 21, 2012, 04:20:49 PM

I thought it awful and boring with both teams of giving away possession very easily.

Interesting few weeks ahead but with Newcastle having to play Man City and Chelsea away Arsenal should finish top 4.

Ah now, there was a bit of loose play from time to time, and there were few clear-cut chances, but both teams build-up play was quite good - Chelsea were hardly going to be razor-sharp with 8 changes from Wednesday.  I thought Gervinho was good when he came on, but Ramsey wasn't a great replacement for Arteta. 

Dinny Breen

Quote from: EC Unique on April 21, 2012, 06:05:16 PM
If Chelsea stumble past barca they will be in with a small chance of winning the CL in which case 4th will not be needed!

Corrected that for you, if the they somehow manage to get past Barca, they'll have to beat either the machine that is Madrid or Munich in Munich.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Billys Boots on April 21, 2012, 06:59:20 PM

Ah now, there was a bit of loose play from time to time, and there were few clear-cut chances, but both teams build-up play was quite good - Chelsea were hardly going to be razor-sharp with 8 changes from Wednesday.  I thought Gervinho was good when he came on, but Ramsey wasn't a great replacement for Arteta.

Gervinho was doing well until he went off to the ANC was much better today than last Monday against Wigan, Ramsey just needs a break, very long season for him considering his leg break.

Looks like the Russians are putting all their eggs in the UCL basket.
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

ONeill

Quote from: Billys Boots on April 21, 2012, 06:59:20 PM

Jeepers I thought it was a poor game. Arsenal were sluggish and Chelsea sent out a second string. Koscielny was tremendous.

Billys Boots

It's probably safe from morons to discuss it here - I thought Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea was a better game than Manure 4-4 Everton.  The defending in the latter was awful - Manure will come to realise they lost 2 points here by not showing Darron Gibson the respect he deserved; he ran the show in midfield for long periods.  Utd will come to woe the pitiful midfield they are currently fielding - depending on a self-retired 36-yr-old to drag them to respectability.  They would have lost today had Everton one defender in the class of Vermaelen, Koscielny, Cahill or Terry. 

Orangemac

Quote from: Billys Boots on April 22, 2012, 04:17:09 PM
It's probably safe from morons to discuss it here - I thought Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea was a better game than Manure 4-4 Everton.  The defending in the latter was awful - Manure will come to realise they lost 2 points here by not showing Darron Gibson the respect he deserved; he ran the show in midfield for long periods.  Utd will come to woe the pitiful midfield they are currently fielding - depending on a self-retired 36-yr-old to drag them to respectability.  They would have lost today had Everton one defender in the class of Vermaelen, Koscielny, Cahill or Terry.
Is this the same Koscielny who cost Arsenal the league cup last year and helped keep Utd to 8 goals earlier in the season? I'll keep Jagileka,Heitinga and Distin ( mistake last week aside).

ONeill

I thought Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea was a better game than Manure 4-4 Everton. 

You still have pics of George Graham's 91 side on your wall don't you.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on April 22, 2012, 04:40:39 PM

MWWSI 2017

Gaffer

Quote from: muppet on April 22, 2012, 04:46:50 PM
Quote from: ONeill on April 22, 2012, 04:40:39 PM

OFFSIDE !!!!!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"