Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Main Street on March 10, 2012, 02:26:07 PM

But a lot has been staked on Podolski.

That's why I think there'll be a bit of a clear-out (instead of loans) this Summer.

In terms of future income there is still money owed for Cesc. These were the figures:

Initial Fee: £25.3m
The transfer fee was split up over two payments. Arsenal received £12.65m in August 2011, and the other £12.65m a month later, in September 2011.

Instalments: £4.3m
£860k every year, spread over five years. This is taken from Fabregas' salary in a £16.8k/week "wage cut" from €80k/week to €60k/week. Barcelona can improve his contract at any time, so the "wage cut" is a goodwill smoke screen.

Performance: £4.3m
£1.72m for every La Liga title and £860k for a Champions League title during his first five years, capping out at £4.3m.

In total, the transfer was a guaranteed £29.6m over the next five years, possibly rising to about £34m in total.

It's reckoned that 90% of Arsenal's annual transfer kitty comes from CL money. Even if they do qualify again this year, Wenger can either get a couple of lesser lights (like Gervinho/Arteta) or splash out on one £20-30m which would blow the whole load when you include wages and all the other trappings around a big player like agent fees etc.

All the while the teams with trophies will pay big dollar for the best players and Arsenal will find themselves further from the top in England. It's frustrating that the Arsenal financial model doesn't allow for the best players to play Arsene's football but that's the price you pay for substandard shirt and kit deals.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

I hadn't realised that it was painlessly easy for a club like Man City to circumvent the FFP rules and guarantee a flood of income through owner related sponsorship.

ONeill

13 points behind Spurs after 40 mins of the North London derby a couple of weeks ago. Possibly 1 point on Monday night. Need to turn the screw.

ONeill

Man City on full throttle hype now re Van Persie. 210'000 a year.

gerry

Szczesny; Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs; Song, Arteta; Walcott, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain; Van Persie.

looking forward to tonights match,  as its being a few weeks since i have being able to watch them. so if we get beat tonight i will have jinked them
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ONeill

Good game so far. 1-1. Walcott is some hoor though. He hasn't a clue who he's crossing it to, just hoping that VP can make the best of whatever ball is put in.

gerry

Very sporting of newcastle kicking the ball out of play. Can't understand why they don't play to the whistle

ONeill

Arsenal looking a bit subdued the longer the game went on there. They need a bit of a spark this half.

gerry

With all the possession we had and we can't make it count

Puckoon

GERRY I FECKIN' LOVE YOUR NEGATIVITY!  ;D

ONeill

Phew.

Walcott will get the credit again!

SHEEDY

what a finish again by arsenal. no love lost between krul and van persie.
nil satis nisi optimum

gerry

Quote from: Puckoon on March 12, 2012, 09:57:40 PM

we had these stats and we neary came away with 1 point

FT Stats Arsenal v Newcastle Shots 23-4, On target 8-2, Fouls 11-12, Duels Won 49%-51%, Pass Accuracy 85%-75%, Possession 61%-39%

Puckoon

Quote from: gerry on March 12, 2012, 10:05:55 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on March 12, 2012, 09:57:40 PM

we had these stats and we neary came away with 1 point

FT Stats Arsenal v Newcastle Shots 23-4, On target 8-2, Fouls 11-12, Duels Won 49%-51%, Pass Accuracy 85%-75%, Possession 61%-39%

I know we have a heavy French influence - but that is just redonkulous right there.

Minder

Fair fucks to Wenger for turning things round.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"