Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggy90

I see they just gave RVP the MOM, I thought he played really well but for me Tomas Rosicky was. Parker deserved his Red, that last tackle was very nasty. Great advert for the PL. Btw that Ian Wright would sicken your hole.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Main Street

Quote from: ziggy90 on February 26, 2012, 03:28:22 PM
Parker deserved his Red that last tackle was very nasty.
It was a bad tackle but not with nasty intent.

QuoteGreat advert for the PL.
The game was great advert for Arsenal and in particular Wenger, regardless of the overhyped football quality of Spurs this season.

ziggy90

Quote from: Main Street on February 26, 2012, 03:37:52 PM
Quote from: ziggy90 on February 26, 2012, 03:28:22 PM
Parker deserved his Red that last tackle was very nasty.
It was a bad tackle but not with nasty intent.

QuoteGreat advert for the PL.
The game was great advert for Arsenal and in particular Wenger, regardless of the overhyped football quality of Spurs this season.

It was intentional IMHO, and regarding your opinion of Spurs football this season why do you think it has been overhyped?

under the bar

Why was Sagna wearing lederhosen in his post match interview??  bit s&m looking!!! :-X ;D

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

Quote from: ziggy90 on February 26, 2012, 03:45:01 PM
It was intentional IMHO, and regarding your opinion of Spurs football this season why do you think it has been overhyped?
They have a good team, better than previous seasons, they play better football than Liverpool -  but that's not saying very much.  IMO, Chelsea played the better football in their last encounter and now in a high pressure game, Arsenal have played them off the park after going behind to two freakish goals.  There are many factors over a whole season that we can use to determine the quality of a team. Spurs current achievement is to be in 3rd place, ahead of a dysfunctional Arsenal & Chelsea.
I think Arsenal's decline has been over-egged and the feared demise of Wenger's magic, premature.  I also don't subscribe to the fears around Arsenal's supposed dire financial straights. They could go through some tight times but I would still back Arsenal for 4th place and I suspect that Arsenal will finish stronger than Spurs. There's plenty of room for Arsenal FC to tighten their financial belt and provide the necessary funds for Wenger to buy a few more decent players.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Billys Boots

QuoteI think Arsenal's decline has been over-egged and the feared demise of Wenger's magic, premature.

I think a lot of the criticism (of Wenger) over the years is down to the English media's distrust/dislike of foreigners.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Main Street

Even Arsenal fans are getting sucked in by fear and caution judging by the Arsenal Trust take on the financial figures. Wenger/Arsenal are supposed to be overspending on wages, despite the fact that they are just 4th in the salary table, a position they have rarely rose above in the EPL, down through the seasons.  Wenger's been making a profit from the transfer market year in year out, less is spent on signing players than most teams in the EPL, less is spent on salaries than ManU/City and Chelsea? yet Arsenal Trust put the blame on him for overspending on salaries?
I use to like the idea of fans buying shares until I read that mumbo jumbo from Arsenal Trust.

PS. far be it for me to be countering the misinformation recently spread on this thread  by a Spurs supporter, to a very gullible readership.
Contrary to that misinformation, Arsenal FC's made a healthy profit from football affairs and some, much smaller profit from the property portofolio

The figures from 2011 do not record the transfers made after May 2011.

ONeill

I thought Sagna's performance was overlooked in the reviews. He hardly put a foot wrong for most of the game and when the hapless Walcott was imploding in the first half, it was Bacary who kept plugging down the right. Bale wasn't in the game much at all and ended switching wings. His dive was another aspect of the game overlooked.

Walcott's first half performance was terrible - possibly the worst I've witnessed in an Arsenal shirt. The more he erred the worse he got to the point that he was just off-loading the ball to anyone in any shirt. In the second half he found himself twice in a position where he couldn't pass it so had to go for broke and it paid off.

I know that his assist rate was decent in the first half of the season but having watched those games he had no idea where the ball was going and it was only Van Persie's talent that bumped up his figures. It's a strange thing to say about a player who has just scored 2 goals in a North London derby but I'd cash in on Theo this summer and buy some real wing talent.

ziggy90

Quote from: ziggy90 on February 26, 2012, 02:15:23 PM
Bale is a diving b8astard but Arsenal's defence really is shite. Sagna just scores, no more than Arsenal deserve. Absorbing game it could go anyone's way now.

ONeill

International Gooner watch:

On-loan - Arshavin scores for Russia.
On-loan  - Lansbury scores twice for England U21s
Chamberlain scores for England U21s

ONeill

What to expect today?

It'll be interesting to see who takes responibility if Robin's missing. Sort-of looking forward to see what happens if he doesn't play.

It'll be disappointing if they don't show a similar desire to win as they did against the Spuds.

Dinny Breen

A lot of huff and puff in that game, draw would have been a fair result but RVP is the difference, some finish and it deserved to win a game...
#newbridgeornowhere