Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 02, 2012, 11:14:59 AM
Arsenal are a huge club for God's sake. Financially sound, big fan base, successful history. Arsenal would be a great job for a big manager.

Ah. I should have read to the end of your post before replying. "I believe the manager of Matsumoto Yamaga F.C., who has a good reputation of working within a limited budget, is in the frame." Sorry.

He should be made Minister for Finance.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

I think Wenger will take a clean break if he goes (or is advised to go). He's very much his own man and I just cannot imagine him overseeing someone's footballing philosophy that's different to his.

There has to be something regarding the financial restrictions that we're not aware of, especially since the new stadium was built. How he can build a team with Pires, Henry, Ljungberg, Lauren, Campbell, Toure, Vieira etc and then attempt to rebuild with the quality Bendtner, Denilson, Eboue, Vela, Diaby and all the crap at the back (albeit with Fabregas, Nasri, RVP). The year Hleb and Flamini were flying they went close and maybe if they'd lasted the course things would be different. The project failed though and this is what we're left with - a 5th-7th placed team.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Denn Forever

Will Arsenal be the best placed club in Britain when the Financial constaint rules from FIFA come into force?  Next year isn't it?

I supposes there will be ways around it though.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ross4life

Quote from: paco on February 02, 2012, 10:42:14 AM
Can't see either of those scenarios taking place. Rafa Benitez is the favourite to take over in Madrid, and for Mourinho's last 2 jobs, he's basically been able to spend as much as he want (definitely more than rival teams in the league), and this won't be the case at Arsenal.

Are Madrid going to make the same mistake as Inter Milan? To get Mourinho you need loads of money to pay his wages & open check book for transfers so only City a return to Chelsea or maybe John Henry can afford him.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

paco

RVP as captain in Fantasy Football, never fails!

carnaross

Hat trick and two assists (plus 3 bonus pts to come?)
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

gawa316

Quote from: paco on February 04, 2012, 02:41:30 PM
RVP as captain in Fantasy Football, never fails!

Snap plus I had Arteta as well

paco

20 points so far and I assume he'll get a few more bonus points. Ox seems to be playing some stuff as well.

gawa316

Quote from: paco on February 04, 2012, 03:19:32 PM
20 points so far and I assume he'll get a few more bonus points.

I'm on the skysports one and he has 46 points!

ONeill

The two games I've missed this year - Chelsea 3 Arsenal 5 and Arsenal 7 Blackburn 1.

Good results this weekend. Within striking distance of 4th.

Orangemac

Big test for the Gunners at Sunderland next week.

ONeill

Quote from: Orangemac on February 05, 2012, 11:28:58 PM
Big test for the Gunners at Sunderland next week.

100%. Sunderland are top of the 'last 6 games' table.

tyroneman

Hiring Rafa would be the second dumbest move in RMs impressive history of dumb moves.

The first being sacking VdB

ONeill

A good 120 minutes should keep the Sunderland legs in good shape for the weekend.

Do we want them to win or lose?