Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

started well but slipped away near the end.  we need another wenger pek talk
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Dinny Breen

Good old Arsenal, create chances miss chances, create and miss more chances, hit woodwork, allow opposition come into game and then finish up hanging on for dear life, should have been a penalty for Bolton at the end too..

Can't say Arsenal games are boring that's for sure...

Liverpool now look like getting the run going that could seal 4th spot...
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 01, 2012, 10:08:54 PM
Good old Arsenal, create chances miss chances, create and miss more chances, hit woodwork, allow opposition come into game and then finish up hanging on for dear life, should have been a penalty for Bolton at the end too..

Can't say Arsenal games are boring that's for sure...

Liverpool now look like getting the run going that could seal 4th spot...

Fruits, Dinny.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

EC Unique

Who is favourite to replace wenger?

ONeill

Quote from: EC Unique on February 01, 2012, 10:58:15 PM
Who is favourite to replace wenger?

Dunno but he'd need to be good. When he crapped over Ferguson's managerial career by going the season unbeaten he set one helluva precedent.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

Serious question for more in the know gunners - Does Arsene have many bad games left in him from a stand point of not being let go? Will he be let go in the off season?

37 points and a goal difference of 6 at the start of February. It's depressing.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Puckoon on February 01, 2012, 11:43:46 PM
Serious question for more in the know gunners - Does Arsene have many bad games left in him from a stand point of not being let go? Will he be let go in the off season?

Arsenal did well to recover from the bad start, injuries then kicked in and Arsenal don't have the strength in dept anymore hence the current bad run, although I don't think any team could lose 4 full backs, they will come out of it but it has been probably fatal to any top 4 hopes, I think it's only 1 point out of 12. Arsenal are sensibly run so I'll imagine Wenger will get the choice in May.

If he decides to move up stairs who they appoint will be interesting. I'd like someone like Pep Guardiola, he seems to me to be not to be enjoying his season with Barca, Mourhino has that affect, and he was mentored by Wenger and did some of his UEFA badges at Arsenal but money to supplement his squad at Barca was never an issue. Jurgen Klopp as well would be interesting, coming from the German model he would work well under Arsenal's fiscal constraints, if they were looking for more experience maybe Felix McGath (sp) would be one to look to.

It will all be idle speculation regardless, it would be fun if we could just confine it to the adults....
#newbridgeornowhere

ziggy90

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 02, 2012, 09:25:23 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on February 01, 2012, 11:43:46 PM

Arsenal did well to recover from the bad start, injuries then kicked in and Arsenal don't have the strength in dept anymore hence the current bad run, although I don't think any team could lose 4 full backs, they will come out of it but it has been probably fatal to any top 4 hopes, I think it's only 1 point out of 12. Arsenal are sensibly run so I'll imagine Wenger will get the choice in May.

If he decides to move up stairs who they appoint will be interesting. I'd like someone like Pep Guardiola, he seems to me to be not to be enjoying his season with Barca, Mourhino has that affect, and he was mentored by Wenger and did some of his UEFA badges at Arsenal but money to supplement his squad at Barca was never an issue. Jurgen Klopp as well would be interesting, coming from the German model he would work well under Arsenal's fiscal constraints, if they were looking for more experience maybe Felix McGath (sp) would be one to look to.

It will all be idle speculation regardless, it would be fun if we could just confine it to the adults....

Alexander The Great wunker  McCleish?
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Billys Boots

QuoteFelix McGath

I thought you were going to make a McGrath out of him for a minute.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

Jose Mourinho is rumoured to be leaving Madrid. Would he fit in at Arsenal? I can't see the fans there liking that too much, although it would be a throwback to George Graham's style a bit, which was successful too.

Dinny Breen

Great manager but could never see him at Arsenal personally but he has shown that he can work on fiscal prudence and his style of play is only important when you are not winning.
#newbridgeornowhere

ballinaman

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 02, 2012, 09:49:54 AM
Jose Mourinho is rumoured to be leaving Madrid. Would he fit in at Arsenal? I can't see the fans there liking that too much, although it would be a throwback to George Graham's style a bit, which was successful too.
I think its a great shout. Mourinho said he wants back in the premiership for a prolonged time, likes London, will be given time at Arsenal...Wenger could be shown the door this summer. Swap to Real Madrid isn't beyond the realms of possibility either.

paco

Can't see either of those scenarios taking place. Rafa Benitez is the favourite to take over in Madrid, and for Mourinho's last 2 jobs, he's basically been able to spend as much as he want (definitely more than rival teams in the league), and this won't be the case at Arsenal.

under the bar

Unfortunately Arsenal, not really being considered a 'big' club, will be quite restricted in terms of who they can attract.     If recruiting from outside of the EPL they are unlikely to land a big name, probably an unknown like Wenger himself when he arrived.    I believe the manager of Matsumoto Yamaga F.C., who has a good reputation of working within a limited budget, is in the frame.

AZOffaly

Arsenal are a huge club for God's sake. Financially sound, big fan base, successful history. Arsenal would be a great job for a big manager.

Ah. I should have read to the end of your post before replying. "I believe the manager of Matsumoto Yamaga F.C., who has a good reputation of working within a limited budget, is in the frame." Sorry.