Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Talk about a team running out of steam. Depressing but saw it coming. The FA Cup break couldn't have been timed better.

Picked a bad day to detox.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Sébastien Squillaci - why put him on?

Interesting if they had won they would have only been 6 points behind City, still the mental frailties are there and Djourou was only looking for it..

Lack of attacking full backs is killing Arsenal's attack, that and the finishing from Walcott and Gervinho... 

Fulham eh?
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Yes, bucking Squillaci. Arsenal had no outlet of pace when Wally and Gervinho went off. Should have kept those two hoors on and made them run themselves into the ground as they'll probably not play next weekend. B@stards.

Main Street

10 minutes of sublime football from Fulham was enough to get the goal against Chelsea. Arsenal were a tougher nut to crack in the 2nd half but the goalie was a soft spot for the first.
Jol has done well, Fulham are a joy to watch compared to Hodgson's Fulham. I like the look of Ruiz, their big signing this season.

ONeill

Really surprised at the quality of Fulham's football in the second. Arsenal couldn't get near them.

Captain Obvious

Arsenal didn't lie comfortably in 4th for too long.

The Gs Man

Ruiz looks good right enough.  Although he does try to chip the ball at every opportunity!
Keep 'er lit

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 02, 2012, 07:42:58 PM

When are you moving back to Laois or is it Wicklow?
#newbridgeornowhere

Main Street

I didn't see where the foul was that got Djourou the second yellow.
Was there a foul?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Main Street on January 02, 2012, 07:53:53 PM
I didn't see where the foul was that got Djourou the second yellow.
Was there a foul?

There was contact, slight but seemingly that's all that's needed in the hustle and bustle of the EPL.
#newbridgeornowhere

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on January 02, 2012, 07:31:27 PM
Yes, bucking Squillaci. Arsenal had no outlet of pace when Wally and Gervinho went off. Should have kept those two hoors on and made them run themselves into the ground as they'll probably not play next weekend. B@stards.
According to TonyEvansTimes Walcott had a bug over Christmas and probably wasn't match fit but was asked to play regardless.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 02, 2012, 07:50:02 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on January 02, 2012, 07:42:58 PM

When are you moving back to Laois or is it Wicklow?
Eh? i never left the orchard county.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Main Street on January 02, 2012, 07:36:50 PM
10 minutes of sublime football from Fulham was enough to get the goal against Chelsea. Arsenal were a tougher nut to crack in the 2nd half but the goalie was a soft spot for the first.
Jol has done well, Fulham are a joy to watch compared to Hodgson's Fulham. I like the look of Ruiz, their big signing this season.

Was thinking that myself. Dembele looks a very good player.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

What would be the worst scenario -

Spurs finishing above Arsenal for the first time in 17 years
Sinead O'Connor arriving at your bedside with The Krankies telling you 'this might hurt'.

onefaircounty

Happy with the result as a 'Pool fan, but that was a penalty.