Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

Twas great to see us in the CL draw today while ribbing others in the Thursday draw
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Captain Obvious

If Spurs managed to beat AC Milan Robin Van Persie FC can do likewise.

ONeill

Quote from: gerry on December 16, 2011, 11:09:45 PM
Twas great to see us in the CL draw today while ribbing others in the Thursday draw

I think they should have made the Europa League managers draw out the CL balls.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Windmill abu

QuoteI think they should have made the Europa League managers draw out the CL balls.

Would you really want Rudolph the Red Nosed Manager pulling out your balls?
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Dinny Breen

Strong rumours fueled by Wenger that Henry could be rejoining Arsenal on loan in January.

I'm warming to that idea...
#newbridgeornowhere

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 17, 2011, 01:24:02 PM
Strong rumours fueled by Wenger that Henry could be rejoining Arsenal on loan in January.

will all Irish/Arsenal fans feel the same ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ONeill

Would love to see that and to be honest they need some type of back-up.

Did ye hear Bendtner's been doing a bit of wrecking?

Dinny Breen

You would hope and expect Henry to realise he's there to allow RVP recovery time, think he'd enjoy it as he genuinely loves the club.

Good old Nick between that and the pizza drama he really is looking like a knob, MON should knock that immaturity out of him..
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on December 17, 2011, 02:17:29 PM
Every time I see Bendtner I think of this: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Nicklas-Bendtner-has-stunned-Arsenal-s-sports-psychologist-with-the-highest-self-confidence-rating-ever-recorded-article690591.html

On missing a chance.....

Quoteyou can also view it as this guy has a remarkably ability to come back after setbacks.

Maybe it is because he gets so much practice.

MWWSI 2017

ONeill

What a man.

Denmark striker Nicklas Bendtner issued a public apology on Saturday following his arrest in Britain on Thursday.

Bendtner and his Sunderland team-mate Lee Cattermole were arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage to parked cars near Newcastle United's St James' Park stadium.

The 23-year-old, who is on loan from Arsenal, was also involved in a recent incident in a Copenhagen pizzeria when his credit card was rejected.

Bendtner released a statement to the Ekstra Bladet newspaper in Copenhagen in which he said he was "sorry that I have let so many people down" and promised to end the "extracurricular activities" that have got him in trouble.

"Dear friends, fans, Sunderland and family," he said. "The past couple of weeks have seen me involved in several incidents that have attracted much negative attention from the media."

He explained: "After the friendly international against Finland (on November 15) I was part of an unfortunate incident at the team hotel where I more or less was portrayed as a violent character.

"Anybody who knows me can testify that I am not. Police in the end decided not to press charges.

"In connection with a birthday celebration with my girlfriend I was part of an incident at a pizzeria in downtown Copenhagen where my credit card got rejected. I bet you all know the feeling but in this case it was also described in the media.

"The latest incident involves two of my team-mates and me who were picked up by polite and friendly English policemen as CCTV footage allegedly shows us in the process of damaging parked cars after a night out on the town.

"This case now has to make its way through the British system of justice and a verdict is expected by February next year. In connection with all these incidents I have to make one thing very, very clear.

"I am extremely sorry for all of this. I apologise sincerely that I have allowed myself to get involved in things that are interpreted in such dramatic fashion. I fully assume responsibility for not distancing myself from these incidents before they got out of hand.

"The error is mine alone and I am sorry that I have let so many people down. Basically, I am a normal guy with an extraordinary job."

He added: "My primary objective right now is to get rid of my injury and get back into full fitness for Sunderland and Denmark. I hope you will understand that I now promise to concentrate fully on football and only football. My focus has to be here -- and not anywhere else."

Nicklas Bendtner was involved in an embarrassing incident in a Copenhagen diner when the Sunderland striker begged other customers for free pizza, the UK's Daily Mail reports.

The Barclays Premier League star's credit card was declined, forcing the on-loan Arsenal forward to ask diners if he could have some of their food instead.

Bendtner, on a season-long loan at the Stadium of Light, tried to persuade staff to give him the food for free and then rolled out the age old cliche: "Don't you know who I am? I can buy the whole pizzeria."

A member of staff, who did not want to be named, said: "We told him that it did not matter who he was. If he could not pay, there was no pizza."

A customer said: "He was arrogant, acted as if he owned the place. All the people just stood and looked at each other and shook their heads over the way he behaved."

Two female diners eventually stumped up for the multi-millionaire footballer who left soon after in a taxi.

CorkMan

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 17, 2011, 01:30:04 PM

will all Irish/Arsenal fans feel the same ?

I could forgive him for what happened in Paris if he started scoring for Arsenal.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on December 18, 2011, 08:50:40 AM
What a man.

Denmark striker Nicklas Bendtner issued a public apology on Saturday following his arrest in Britain on Thursday.

Bendtner and his Sunderland team-mate Lee Cattermole were arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage to parked cars near Newcastle United's St James' Park stadium.

The 23-year-old, who is on loan from Arsenal, was also involved in a recent incident in a Copenhagen pizzeria when his credit card was rejected.

Bendtner released a statement to the Ekstra Bladet newspaper in Copenhagen in which he said he was "sorry that I have let so many people down" and promised to end the "extracurricular activities" that have got him in trouble.

"Dear friends, fans, Sunderland and family," he said. "The past couple of weeks have seen me involved in several incidents that have attracted much negative attention from the media."

He explained: "After the friendly international against Finland (on November 15) I was part of an unfortunate incident at the team hotel where I more or less was portrayed as a violent character.

"Anybody who knows me can testify that I am not. Police in the end decided not to press charges.

"In connection with a birthday celebration with my girlfriend I was part of an incident at a pizzeria in downtown Copenhagen where my credit card got rejected. I bet you all know the feeling but in this case it was also described in the media.

"The latest incident involves two of my team-mates and me who were picked up by polite and friendly English policemen as CCTV footage allegedly shows us in the process of damaging parked cars after a night out on the town.

"This case now has to make its way through the British system of justice and a verdict is expected by February next year. In connection with all these incidents I have to make one thing very, very clear.

"I am extremely sorry for all of this. I apologise sincerely that I have allowed myself to get involved in things that are interpreted in such dramatic fashion. I fully assume responsibility for not distancing myself from these incidents before they got out of hand.

"The error is mine alone and I am sorry that I have let so many people down. Basically, I am a normal guy with an extraordinary job."

He added: "My primary objective right now is to get rid of my injury and get back into full fitness for Sunderland and Denmark. I hope you will understand that I now promise to concentrate fully on football and only football. My focus has to be here -- and not anywhere else."

Nicklas Bendtner was involved in an embarrassing incident in a Copenhagen diner when the Sunderland striker begged other customers for free pizza, the UK's Daily Mail reports.

The Barclays Premier League star's credit card was declined, forcing the on-loan Arsenal forward to ask diners if he could have some of their food instead.

Bendtner, on a season-long loan at the Stadium of Light, tried to persuade staff to give him the food for free and then rolled out the age old cliche: "Don't you know who I am? I can buy the whole pizzeria."

A member of staff, who did not want to be named, said: "We told him that it did not matter who he was. If he could not pay, there was no pizza."

A customer said: "He was arrogant, acted as if he owned the place. All the people just stood and looked at each other and shook their heads over the way he behaved."

Two female diners eventually stumped up for the multi-millionaire footballer who left soon after in a taxi.

I don't believe it! He is only there on loan?
MWWSI 2017

gerry

Me and the son the only two in mc gurks in omagh watching the game. Its either a sign of the times or a sign of the teams

gerry

All Arshavin had to do was roll the ball across the box and it's 1-1. He's paid £90k per week and can't even do that.