Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Are Spurs going to take Gooners normally guaranteed CL spot?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Blowitupref on November 26, 2011, 07:29:17 PM

I would think this year there will be a clear split with the 2 Manc clubs top 2 with the other 2 places taken from 2 out of Spurs, the Arse, Chelski and Liverpool.  Hard at this stage to tell who it will b with Spurs probably strongest for 1 place with a straight 3 way shoot out for the other one between the other 3.

rossie mad

I wouldnt cement man utds place in the top two just yet.there is obviously a glaring hole in the middle of the park with them and they seem to be just scrapping results lately.spurs have the best midfield pairing in the premier league at the moment with modric and parker both complimenting each other brillantlly.if you dont have creativity coming from the middle of the park you will struggle

ONeill

That performance was coming. After the run they'd been on and the effort they put in on Wednesday night, there was going to be a flat performance. Still should have won it in those last 10 minutes. Arteta can be that split second slow on the ball at times. Gervinho is Walcott minus the predictability. Theo probably a better crosser at the minute though. 
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 26, 2011, 07:43:00 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on November 26, 2011, 07:29:17 PM

I would think this year there will be a clear split with the 2 Manc clubs top 2 with the other 2 places taken from 2 out of Spurs, the Arse, Chelski and Liverpool.  Hard at this stage to tell who it will b with Spurs probably strongest for 1 place with a straight 3 way shoot out for the other one between the other 3.

Way too early to tell yet. Spurs are on a great run at the moment but they have a very difficult last third of the season fixtures wise with having to go away to nearly all the top teams.

gerry

Only one starter from the saturday game. Surprising line out seeing that we are going to win feck all other cups this year.

Nasri the only saturday starter the city to.

#Fabianski, #Djourou, #Squillaci, #Koscielny, #Miquel, #Frimpong, #Coquelin, #Benayoun, #Ox-Chamberlain, #Park, #Chamakh.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

Only one starter from the saturday game. Surprising line out seeing that we are going to win feck all other cups this year.

#Fabianski, #Djourou, #Squillaci, #Koscielny, #Miquel, #Frimpong, #Coquelin, #Benayoun, #Ox-Chamberlain, #Park, #Chamakh.

ross4life

Quote from: gerry on November 29, 2011, 07:24:19 PM

Yeah surprising, Wenger has next weeks CL tie to rest players.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

Quote from: gerry on November 29, 2011, 07:24:19 PM

To be fair the first string looked flat on Saturday. Also, winning a trophy this year isn't as important as it was last year. To finish in the top 4 and secure CL football having lost Fabregas, Nasri and Clichy would be one hell of an achievement.

gerry

i like this stat

#City have not won at #AFC for 28 games since Oct 1975,

gerry

ONeill

Half time 0-0. Decent performances from Frimpong and Coquelin. Still hard to know what to make of Park. He's confident and has good control but where does he play? He's not a flying winger or a fox in box. Chamakh is a dozy hoor.

gerry

city have 10 internationals playing tonight.  what was nasri at?  can he not stand the heat

ONeill

Quote from: gerry on November 29, 2011, 08:55:15 PM
city have 10 internationals playing tonight.  what was nasri at?  can he not stand the heat

He looked quite happy to be heading off too.

ONeill

That was a pity. Didn't think that Arsenal side deserved to lose. Aguero cost more than the Arsenal team but he made the difference I suppose.