Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Before they equalised, yes. Van Persie missed a couple, Walcott had one cleared off the line and Gevinho's had two half-chances. Since RVP's goal though they've stepped off the gas a little.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

ONeill

That'll do nicely. No stopping the Van.

Dinny Breen

Just watched the game. Walcott looking good and starting to put in consistent performances, still expect him to fall over his little toe at any moment.

Artea has brought a lot of composure to the Arsenal midfield where as last year the Arse were a disaster in the last 15 minutes of games as Fabregas in particular drove us on to still attack now the difference is they're slowing down the game and playing the safer pass. I love the Brazilian Andy Reid.

Interesting stat RVP has scored 1 league goal less this season than the whole of Liverpool FC.
#newbridgeornowhere

tommysmith

Quote from: ONeill on November 19, 2011, 02:42:54 PM
That'll do nicely. No stopping the Van.

It will be interesting to see how things will go  when he gets injured.

under the bar

Arsene throwing towel in at end of season? Silk purse etc

bridgegael

van persie is playin wel so he is.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

ONeill

gawa316

Quote from: Dinny Breen on November 19, 2011, 10:41:50 PM
Just watched the game. Walcott looking good and starting to put in consistent performances, still expect him to fall over his little toe at any moment.

Artea has brought a lot of composure to the Arsenal midfield where as last year the Arse were a disaster in the last 15 minutes of games as Fabregas in particular drove us on to still attack now the difference is they're slowing down the game and playing the safer pass. I love the Brazilian Andy Reid.

Interesting stat RVP has scored 1 league goal less this season than the whole of Liverpool FC.

Borin..er interesting fact, Liverpool have let in 2 goals more this season than Arsenal FC have in 1 game!

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

This will be a tough one tonight. Dortmund are flying at the minute, hammering teams at home and had a great away win in Munich at the weekend.

ross4life

Both on unbeaten runs both not great at the back a score draw looks likely.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

The media consensus seems to be that it was a dull half. I found it a sort of 100mph mesmerising. Not much quality but two teams full of confidence playing typical Premier League football. Losing the Goat is a massive blow to the Germans.

gerry