Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Looking forward to Rod Fanni tonight.

Remember the headline - Rod Fanni excites Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ONeill

Very flat tonight. Although Park did rightly in the Carling Cup, he was exposed at this level. The centre backs were solid. Mertesecker plays like Tony Adams mid-90s - does the job and no more.

Again, without RVP Arsenal are ordinary.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on November 01, 2011, 09:41:15 PM
Very flat tonight. Although Park did rightly in the Carling Cup, he was exposed at this level. The centre backs were solid. Mertesecker plays like Tony Adams mid-90s - does the job and no more.

Again, without RVP Arsenal are ordinary.

Jaysus O'Neill you're a hard task master, it was Park's first proper start with a midfield that he had never played with before and against a team that would actually know him pretty well. He worked hard but had a heavy first touch, patience you can't judge him after just one game.

Without RVP they had chances, Ramsey in particular, RVP had a great chance as well. It was a tidy clean sheet, OM had 1 shot on target all night and it was the first time TV5 and the BFG played together, looked good I thought. Top of their group with 4 points against their main rivals. You'd take that every day of the week.
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Agree that the centre back partnership looks good. Where to play Koscielny now? He has arguably been Arsenal's best CB this season, especially recently. Does it spell trouble for Gibbs?

Santos is no Lauren. Hopefully he works on that defensive side of things - the holes he left last night were frightening.

RVP is a bit like Cesc - he makes players like Walcott and Gervinho look a lot better than they are.

As for Park - fair enough - but I think he's a lightweight.

ONeill

2-0 at HT. RVP tap in and an assist for Vermaelen.

Puckoon

RVP goal from Walcott...shooting at the keeper again!

That santos buck makes me nervous. Classy finish from arteta thoigh

ONeill

2 assists and a goal by RVP. How he wasn't nominated for the ballon d'or is beyond me.

ross4life

Quote from: ONeill on November 05, 2011, 05:00:43 PM
2 assists and a goal by RVP. How he wasn't nominated for the ballon d'or is beyond me.
Yep should have been nominated. Arsenal in fine form now! thanks to Wenger astute signings.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on November 05, 2011, 05:00:43 PM

The Light Pelé?
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

...and Wenger's down for an award. For what?

ross4life

Quote from: ONeill on November 05, 2011, 07:17:08 PM
...and Wenger's down for an award. For what?
Must be the win v Barcelona?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

Big mistake by the German CB - http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xmfuih

1-0 Norwich.

ONeill

1-1 RVP. - http://arsenalist.com/video/?id=xmfust

Arsenal could have scored 5 already. They're waltzing through Norwich. Theo looks like he could skin their FB all day long.

CorkMan

Quote from: ONeill on November 19, 2011, 01:14:36 PM
1-1 RVP.

Arsenal could have scored 5 already. They're waltzing through Norwich. Theo looks like he could skin their FB all day long.

Not watching it. Have they really looked that good? They have been in some form lately.