Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

That's a fine result for Arsenal. Probably the hardest fixture in the group.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gerry

given the start we had, a point tonight was a good result but we nearly had three.  Szczeny being a big improvement from last year
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ONeill

Quote from: gerry on September 13, 2011, 09:42:07 PM
given the start we had, a point tonight was a good result but we nearly had three.  Szczeny being a big improvement from last year

Agree. The timing was slightly disappointing but overall a draw was fair. Baby steps....

gerry

making wenger wait until 15 minutes after the game was over before he could go into the dressing room is taking the piss

ONeill

Quote from: gerry on September 13, 2011, 09:56:12 PM
making wenger wait until 15 minutes after the game was over before he could go into the dressing room is taking the piss

It's unbelievable. Platini v Wenger in a ring will sort it.

gerry

Dinny Breen

Just watched the highlights, good result but very close to 3, some goal in fairness. Baby steps is right unbeaten in 2....

#newbridgeornowhere

tyroneman

What's the verdict on Gervinho so far?

Doesn't seem he will be a prolific goalscorer but shows some nice touches. Could go either way......

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: tyroneman on September 14, 2011, 06:57:56 AM

Doesn't seem he will be a prolific goalscorer but shows some nice touches. Could go either way......

Showing glimpses of his ability from France but just like Walcott he sticks the head down, sprints and often runs into defenders.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: tyroneman on September 14, 2011, 06:57:56 AM

He was bought as Nasri's replacement, Arsenal actually do have some forward planning and is having a better start to his Gooners career than Nasri, odes well..
#newbridgeornowhere

Doogie Browser

The German stadiums seem unrivalled for atmosphere on the CL nights, the fans were getting warmed up to Van Halen's 'Jump' and a rendition of 'You'll never walk alone' beforehand and the place was rocking.

tyroneman

By and large German football could be used as the model way forward. Financially well run. Little crowd trouble. Decent attendances. Low prices. Good football and you can have a beer or two.

gerry

3 Szczesny
    03 Sagna
    04 Mertesacker
    06 Koscielny
    11 Santos
    08 Arteta
    16 Ramsey
    17 Song
    23 Arshavin
    10 Van Persie
    27 Gervinho

gerry

all over blackburn then we let the easiest goal ever in. feck

gawa316

2-1 now to the arse, arteta with the 2nd. Just brought him into my fantasy football team...happy days!!