Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Problem is though BC1, if Arsenal don't qualify for the UCL group stages tomorrow night the financial model needs adjusting, so at least £40m will have to be redirected to clear stadium debt. The cost of financial prudence.

Arsenal need a CB, LB, DM and an out and out striker. The CB and striker need to be top class, can't see it happening to be honest and come the 1st of Sept will probably be making arrangements to visit O'Neill in the hospital after his melt-down.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Unbelievable to me but certainly not others, Wenger 7/1 for the chop...
#newbridgeornowhere

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 23, 2011, 02:43:19 PM
Problem is though BC1, if Arsenal don't qualify for the UCL group stages tomorrow night the financial model needs adjusting, so at least £40m will have to be redirected to clear stadium debt. The cost of financial prudence.

Arsenal need a CB, LB, DM and an out and out striker. The CB and striker need to be top class, can't see it happening to be honest and come the 1st of Sept will probably be making arrangements to visit O'Neill in the hospital after his melt-down.

If they don't qualify it will be a very hard season for Wenger as any hopes of bringing in the requires talent will be severly dented by not having CL football.  The only thing is that long term the club will be stable but short term there will be no trophies on the side board.  No trophies since 2005 and it likely that there will be none this season, Wenger's principles may be his undoing.  £22m for Nasri btw, should have had £5m more IMHO.

O'Neill having a meltdown? I@d pay to see that ;D

Dinny Breen

Quote£22m for Nasri btw, should have had £5m more IMHO.

In isolation brilliant business, free agent in January and £8m profit on him especially that has only 1 good 6 month spell in England. They were never going to get anymore, only Man City were interested in him.

Resigned to the fact that Arsenal are this years Liverpool....
#newbridgeornowhere

Boycey

Quote from: Boycey on August 15, 2011, 02:13:34 PM
Any of you good Arsenal folk point me in the direction of 2 tickets for home game with Swansea on the 10th September (I think).

I'll try again, will this match go on general sale or do I need to look for someone with a membership to buy the tickets for me??

Please and thanks  :)

Bingo

Quote from: Boycey on August 23, 2011, 03:32:49 PM
Any of you good Arsenal folk point me in the direction of 2 tickets for home game with Swansea on the 10th September (I think).

I'll try again, will this match go on general sale or do I need to look for someone with a membership to buy the tickets for me??

Apparently the liverpool game last week was on general sale in the days before hand. Thats according to a few on LFC forums who acquired tickets that way.

spiritof91and94

arsenal will all go general sale this season - last year they were easy to get, this year they will be giving them away for swansea etc.

ONeill

Ladies draw Bobruichanka from Belarus in Champions League.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Billys Boots

Quote from: ONeill on August 23, 2011, 04:31:26 PM
Ladies draw Bobruichanka from Belarus in Champions League.

Who did Peamount get?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

ONeill

Paris Saint-Germain FC

Urging all Gooners to get behind their ladies. Our best (only) shot in Europe.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on August 23, 2011, 05:34:01 PM
Paris Saint-Germain FC

Urging all Gooners to get behind their ladies. Our best (only) shot in Europe.

I'll definitely be behind my lady  ;)
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Boycey

Quote from: spiritof91and94 on August 23, 2011, 04:25:01 PM

arsenal will all go general sale this season - last year they were easy to get, this year they will be giving them away for swansea etc.

thought as much, cheers

Puckoon

It's gotten to the stage where the signing of Joey Barton would make me smile.

I reckon that Mike Ashley is a total tool wagon - Barton is playing good ball at the minute.