Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

It's not a case of doing anything different. It's a matter of player judgement. Buying Squillaci represents what I'm on about. It doesn't have to be about money. Wenger in the past has bought quality players for next to nothing. Success also attracts the type of player Arsenal need to remain at the top.

Denilson, Eboue and even Walcott. Not good enough. Chamackh, Rosicky, Bendtner - flattered to deceive. A back four the likes of Bolton, Stoke and Wigan intimidate. There are holes developing all over the squad and the problems don't appear to be addressed; at the minute they've worsened. The better players are leaving.

If other sides start to overtake Arsenal then they'll have a hard job getting back.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Harsh on Walcott and Chamackh and Eboue was good until about 2 years ago. Bendtner and Denislon had youthful promise but agree aren't good enough and Rosicky was ruined by injury.

Squillaci, hindsight is wonderful but every manager signs a dud or 2.

Stoke intimidate most sides at the set-piece, it's what they do, even Lionheart Terry was uncomfortable at times on Sunday Arsenal aside from have lost only twice to Bolton or Wigan in about 4 years, and those two defeats wee more Arsenal choking than anything Wigan or Bolton did.

Assess the squad on the 1st of Sept.

Keep the faith O'Neill.
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

I enjoy the bad days.

Diaby - not good enough. Kochelney - too light. Gibbs - not convinced. Sagna - he worried me on Sat. Walcott is stupid. Arshavin is in no man's land. Ramsey and Wilshere - fine I suppose. Vela - in space?

5-0 tonight. RVP hat trick from the stands.

Boycey

Why did Gervinho not get an extra game ban for a "frivolous" appeal or does that rule only apply to United?

ONeill

Nasri giving off stink to French press about Arsenal fans. I thought fans were wrong to sing what they did at the weekend.

Boycey

Quote from: ONeill on August 16, 2011, 05:47:05 PM
Nasri giving off stink to French press about Arsenal fans. I thought fans were wrong to sing what they did at the weekend.

Was it the Arsenal fans singing "spend some f**king money" on Sat. Heard it on TV and assumed it was Newcastle fans getting at Ashley but I've seen in a couple of places that it was Arsenal..

ONeill

No, twas the Sami is a Cnut one.

Boycey

Quote from: ONeill on August 16, 2011, 06:30:47 PM
No, twas the Sami is a Cnut one.

Sorry, poorly worded question the first time. During the game the other evening you could clearly here fans singing "spend some f**king money" was it Arsenal fans as ive seen suggested? I'd consider that to be as bad or worse than slagging off a player who clearly wants away??

Milltown Row2

Anyway, will they win tonight? I've stuck my gaa bet winnings over the weekend on them ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

Arsenal:
Chesney,
Sagna, Vermaelen, Kochelney, Gibbs,
Song,
Ramsey, Rosicky, Walcott,
Gervinho Chamakh

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on August 16, 2011, 12:49:17 PM
I enjoy the bad days.

Diaby - not good enough. Kochelney - too light. Gibbs - not convinced. Sagna - he worried me on Sat. Walcott is stupid. Arshavin is in no man's land. Ramsey and Wilshere - fine I suppose. Vela - in space?

5-0 tonight. RVP hat trick from the stands.

Ok put a couple of pounds on that and a 5-1. On TV?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

TV3.

Have no idea what Udinese are like apart from the fact that only Ronaldo has scored more league goals in 2011 than Di Natale!

ONeill

ONeill

Great ball in by Ramsey for Walcott's goal.