The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: Taylor on April 05, 2020, 09:43:59 AM
Quote from: laoislad on April 05, 2020, 09:29:47 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 05, 2020, 09:03:10 AM
Quote from: trailer on April 05, 2020, 07:08:33 AM
It's a really scummy move. Says everything you need to know about Liverpool. They've no interest in the common good. We're not all in this together. Every decision is a monetary one. It's not whether it's right, it's whether it's financially a good decision. Scummy, scummy move.

Get away with that crap. Its being criticised from every corner of Liverpool football club - fans, past players etc.
Yep, the real Liverpool Football Club have all come out against this. A decision made by American business men is what this actually is. No different than the dicking around that the Glazers do at Man United or any other owners of the other clubs.
Of course you now have all the idiots who can't contain themselves with their faux outrage.

At the end of the day the workers will still be paid which can only be a good thing imo. I don't think the owners should have made this move but it is what it is. It certainly isn't a reflection on the real Liverpool Fc, as I'm sure Man United fans don't see any of the Glazers dick moves as a reflection on the real Man United.

The real Liverpool FC....give me a break LL.
There is one club. Pure and simple.

Very surprised at this.
While not a supporter by any means I had looked on enviously at the style they are playing and the family feel of the club.
Klopp really epitomised this.

But this move shows Liverpool are no different than any other club.
Utd with Glazers, City with oil money etc etc
How has what Klopp has brought to Liverpool anything got to do with a decision made by American billionaire business owners? I'd say Klopp is probably fuming at this as are the players probably are. Jordan Henderson has been doing huge work to try and get some sort of contribution package from players towards the UK health system. The majority of the fans have all come out against this.
Btw you'd want to be pretty simple to think one set of Billionaire business owners were any different than the next.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Look when teams are at the top they'll get knocked down in the  media very quickly if they make an unpopular decision. Get used to it, if Liverpool dominate the PL for the next few years they'll have to take the 'hated club' that's a good tag to have
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Not the real club. f**k me.

Sponging of the tax payer. That's seems to be the REAL Liverpool!

Taylor

Quote from: laoislad on April 05, 2020, 10:00:08 AM
Quote from: Taylor on April 05, 2020, 09:43:59 AM
Quote from: laoislad on April 05, 2020, 09:29:47 AM
Quote from: RedHand88 on April 05, 2020, 09:03:10 AM
Quote from: trailer on April 05, 2020, 07:08:33 AM
It's a really scummy move. Says everything you need to know about Liverpool. They've no interest in the common good. We're not all in this together. Every decision is a monetary one. It's not whether it's right, it's whether it's financially a good decision. Scummy, scummy move.

Get away with that crap. Its being criticised from every corner of Liverpool football club - fans, past players etc.
Yep, the real Liverpool Football Club have all come out against this. A decision made by American business men is what this actually is. No different than the dicking around that the Glazers do at Man United or any other owners of the other clubs.
Of course you now have all the idiots who can't contain themselves with their faux outrage.

At the end of the day the workers will still be paid which can only be a good thing imo. I don't think the owners should have made this move but it is what it is. It certainly isn't a reflection on the real Liverpool Fc, as I'm sure Man United fans don't see any of the Glazers dick moves as a reflection on the real Man United.

The real Liverpool FC....give me a break LL.
There is one club. Pure and simple.

Very surprised at this.
While not a supporter by any means I had looked on enviously at the style they are playing and the family feel of the club.
Klopp really epitomised this.

But this move shows Liverpool are no different than any other club.
Utd with Glazers, City with oil money etc etc
How has what Klopp has brought to Liverpool anything got to do with a decision made by American billionaire business owners? I'd say Klopp is probably fuming at this as are the players probably are. Jordan Henderson has been doing huge work to try and get some sort of contribution package from players towards the UK health system. The majority of the fans have all come out against this.
Btw you'd want to be pretty simple to think one set of Billionaire business owners were any different than the next.

You'd have to be pretty simple to think there is the Real Liverpool FC and Liverpool FC.

There is one club and this move has removed any notion that Liverpool are different to all the rest

Norf Tyrone

People stating other big businesses are doing it why shouldn't Liverpool.

Liverpool have apx 400 non playing employees. That wage bill is negligible.
Branson has 69000. That wage bill is huge.

I am not convinced any of those billionaire owners should use this However this will cost Liverpool in the long run in terms of PR and the financial cost that brings.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

RedHand88

Club captain Henderson now railing against the decision.

But here, typical Liverpool. Right?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on April 05, 2020, 10:44:50 AM
Club captain Henderson now railing against the decision.

But here, typical Liverpool. Right?

Good on him, the club will rally in behind him
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

David McKeown

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 05, 2020, 10:04:37 AM
People stating other big businesses are doing it why shouldn't Liverpool.

Liverpool have apx 400 non playing employees. That wage bill is negligible.
Branson has 69000. That wage bill is huge.

I am not convinced any of those billionaire owners should use this However this will cost Liverpool in the long run in terms of PR and the financial cost that brings.

Again so what's the cut off point?  Did these businesses and employees not pay the tax that is paying for this?  The notion we are all in this together is laughable. Everyone looks out for their own interests to one degree or another. For me it's hypocritical to suggest Liverpool or any other team or business should be any different.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

J70

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 04, 2020, 10:12:40 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 04, 2020, 10:02:23 PM
And just watch the rest of the clubs do the same in the coming days.

The sanctimonious hypocrites on this thread will not be so indignant and noisy then.
are you serious? Your club has scored a major pr own goal. Anyone defending this is so out of touch with what it means to be from the City of Liverpool its unreal. Look at the outcry from all sections of past players and fan groups as well as local and national media. This isn't what Liverpool as a city is about. Everton have said they won't be doing it and there would be equal outcry from Everton fans if the club did decide to do it.

I didn't defend it. I commented on the false outrage and gloating.

In the grand scheme, it's a dumb move from FSG. They're very good owners, but they've done stupid, capitalist things like this a couple of times before.

Armamike

There seems to be a few moralistic and upstanding members on this board when it comes to all things LFC.  Hopefully they hold themselves to these values in their daily lives.

FSG have done brilliant things for the club but have scored a few own goals in their time. To be fair to them they have usually learn't from mistakes and moved in a different direction as a result.  This latest move doesn't look great and I'd be surprised if they don't respond.  With all the faux outrage there hasn't been much mention of the good deeds that the club have been involved in over the past few weeks, i.e. the likes of Jordan Henderson setting up fundraising on the quiet. But that would only spoil the narrative.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Boycey

Players, who often get a bad rap in fairness, seem determined not to take the flak for this and mostly importantly want to do the right thing

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-captains-crisis-meeting-21816820.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Rooney also spoke well on the topic today ..

trailer

Man City have come out and said that they won't Furlough non playing staff. A decision that will win them many admirers including myself. Have Liverpool had a change of heart yet?

Taylor

Quote from: Boycey on April 05, 2020, 10:28:56 PM
Players, who often get a bad rap in fairness, seem determined not to take the flak for this and mostly importantly want to do the right thing

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-captains-crisis-meeting-21816820.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Rooney also spoke well on the topic today ..

I read Rooney's column and was very surprised - he should be paying the person that writes his column handsomely as I doubt he is doing it himself.
Raises some valid points and pulls no punches.

Am delighted City have taken this stance - it is the only one any decent sized club should be taking.
However the cynic in me thinks they have seen the massively negative press Liverpool have got and been opportunistic with it

Boycey

Man City's owners are charging the NHS millions to rent space off them while others are giving theirs free. They're hardly stuck for the few pound  ???

J70

One would hope not, but at the very least Liverpool have shown the wrong way to go about it for the big clubs (Spurs didn't elicit the same reaction for whatever reason).

I would expect FSG to reverse course this week, like they did with the ticket prices.