The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens73

Quote from: thewobbler on April 04, 2020, 08:48:31 PM
From what I can see, Scouse (and all other clubs) don't currently have an income stream to cover these wages, and even if they did, these staff would not be allowed to work by the government.

This is for an indefinite period.

Furloughing them is the only sensible option.

There is nothing to see here.

Exactly, the scheme is open to every UK business

SHEEDY

Quote from: glens73 on April 04, 2020, 08:56:38 PM
From what I can see, Scouse (and all other clubs) don't currently have an income stream to cover these wages, and even if they did, these staff would not be allowed to work by the government.

so the club can afford to pay players on average 100grand a week but can't pay Lisa in the canteen £300 a week?
nil satis nisi optimum

thewobbler

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 04, 2020, 09:07:40 PM
Quote from: glens73 on April 04, 2020, 08:56:38 PM

so the club can afford to pay players on average 100grand a week but can't pay Lisa in the canteen £300 a week?

With regard to players, they'd be in breach of contract to reduce their salaries without agreement. It's highly likely that such as contract breach could see the contract dismissed, entitling the player to leave for free (or in some cases, sue the balls of them). Therefore the logical approach here is to put indirect pressure on the players to approach the club about pay reduction or re-routing.

Everyone else at the club is in the same boat as every private sector employee in the UK who is currently unable to attend work due to government guidance.

Surely, surely, surely anyone can understand this?

Aaron Boone

Very respected journalist Henry Winter has expressed his displeasure on Twitter. This is a tough one 4 Liverpool to ride out.

laoislad

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 04, 2020, 09:20:29 PM
Very respected journalist Henry Winter has expressed his displeasure on Twitter. This is a tough one 4 Liverpool to ride out.
Spurs,Newcastle, Norwich and Bournemouth all doing the same so why not the same outcry when they did it.
Not saying its right what Liverpools owners are doing,but why the big furore now? I didnt see manfromdelmonte pull the todger off himself in the Spurs thread when they did the same.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GiveItToTheShooters

The absolute fume and hatred against Liverpool, from using coronavirus as an excuse to do us out of a league to getting slated for this ;D
Gonna make this league title even more satisfying! roll on! ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on April 04, 2020, 09:42:28 PM
The absolute fume and hatred against Liverpool, from using coronavirus as an excuse to do us out of a league to getting slated for this ;D
Gonna make this league title even more satisfying! roll on! ;D

Jesus mate, get over yourself ffs. Liverpool have won the league, it's not about that.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Tbf if other teams have already announced this then yes the fume against the mighty reds is a tad unfair.

Hope the same fume meets the other teams when announced

imtommygunn

Have spurs not done this already?

J70

And just watch the rest of the clubs do the same in the coming days.

The sanctimonious hypocrites on this thread will not be so indignant and noisy then.

GiveItToTheShooters

"And just watch the rest of the clubs do the same in the coming days.

The sanctimonious hypocrites on this thread will not be so indignant and noisy then."

"Tbf if other teams have already announced this then yes the fume against the mighty reds is a tad unfair.

Hope the same fume meets the other teams when announced"

100% right. But they won't, because they're not Liverpool.

SHEEDY

Quote from: J70 on April 04, 2020, 10:02:23 PM

The sanctimonious hypocrites on this thread will not be so indignant and noisy then.
are you serious? Your club has scored a major pr own goal. Anyone defending this is so out of touch with what it means to be from the City of Liverpool its unreal. Look at the outcry from all sections of past players and fan groups as well as local and national media. This isn't what Liverpool as a city is about. Everton have said they won't be doing it and there would be equal outcry from Everton fans if the club did decide to do it.
nil satis nisi optimum

laoislad

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 04, 2020, 10:12:40 PM

are you serious? Your club has scored a major pr own goal. Anyone defending this is so out of touch with what it means to be from the City of Liverpool its unreal. Look at the outcry from all sections of past players and fan groups as well as local and national media. This isn't what Liverpool as a city is about. Everton have said they won't be doing it and there would be equal outcry from Everton fans if the club did decide to do it.
Was J70 defending them? I don't think so.
As for the major pr own goal. By the time this bloody pandemic is over and normal life returns I doubt anyone will even remember or care that Liverpool owners were the 5th set of club owners to come out to say they were doing this.
Now, tell me how outraged are you about the other clubs who have done the same as Liverpool owners have or is it just Liverpool's owners that you are outraged with?

SHEEDY

Quote from: laoislad on April 04, 2020, 10:33:21 PM

As for the major pr own goal. By the time this bloody pandemic is over and normal life returns I doubt anyone will even remember or care that Liverpool owners were the 5th set of club owners to come out to say they were doing this.
Now, tell me how outraged are you about the other clubs who have done the same as Liverpool owners have or is it just Liverpool's owners that you are outraged with?
seriously mate, this is Liverpool we're talking about, one of the top 10 richest clubs in world football. Get your head out of the sand, Just because your a fan it doesn't mean you can't call out something that isn't right, in some fans eyes the club can do no wrong.
It's a shameful move, Liverpool is a city apart and this had gone down like a lead balloon in the city. Shows how out of touch some of the Irish based fans are, that they are defending it and refuse to critise the club, there's no defending it. It's a Mike Ashley type move, which says it all.
nil satis nisi optimum

laoislad

Quote from: SHEEDY on April 04, 2020, 10:51:12 PM
Quote from: laoislad on April 04, 2020, 10:33:21 PM

seriously mate, this is Liverpool we're talking about, one of the top 10 richest clubs in world football. Get your head out of the sand, Just because your a fan it doesn't mean you can't call out something that isn't right, in some fans eyes the club can do no wrong.
It's a shameful move, Liverpool is a city apart and this had gone down like a lead balloon in the city. Shows how out of touch some of the Irish based fans are, that they are defending it and refuse to critise the club, there's no defending it. It's a Mike Ashley type move, which says it all.
I haven't defended anything.