The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Im on the whiskey. Enjoy the next few days to all the die hards on here and ffs i hope its not another 30. Ill be near 50 by then 😉😂😂

JoG2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 25, 2020, 10:32:03 PM
I was finishing 3rd year at school last time she was home  :'(

GCSE year for me Tony. I've fallen away in the last 10 odd years but the young lad is Liverpool mad. Took him over for the last game before lockdown. He seen Salah and Mane score and his excitement levels were off the charts. He's 9 and has finally fallen asleep. Good times

JoG2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 25, 2020, 11:22:28 PM
Im on the whiskey. Enjoy the next few days to all the die hards on here and ffs i hope its not another 30. Ill be near 50 by then 😉😂😂

The die hards will not sleep tonight! Congrats men  :)

laoislad

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on June 25, 2020, 11:16:51 PM
Drank a few beers and shed a few tears. What a feeling, what a night, the Bird is back on her perch and we are champions. YNWA
It's kind of surreal isn't it. Waiting so long, so many close calls and near misses. I thought after 2014 it would never happen. Then last season, the highest ever runners up points total, was it ever going to happen.
Then this season despite being so far ahead I still had doubts.
I think I really started to believe this year was the actual year when Salah scored the second vs Man United. That was when I thought yep, this could be it. The Kop seemed to think the same thing at the same time as they suddenly broke into a chorus of Now you're gonna believe us. It was the first time this season that they dared sing it.
Winning the European Cup last year was great but this, this is the big one. This is the one we have all been waiting for.
It's been 30 years but now finally its here. And yeah football isn't important, but tonight it is. Tonight Liverpool are finally Premier League Champions.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gawa316

Quote from: laoislad on June 25, 2020, 11:31:55 PM
Drank a few beers and shed a few tears. What a feeling, what a night, the Bird is back on her perch and we are champions. YNWA
It's kind of surreal isn't it. Waiting so long, so many close calls and near misses. I thought after 2014 it would never happen. Then last season, the highest ever runners up points total, was it ever going to happen.
I think I really started to believe this year was the actual year when Salah scored the second vs Man United. That was when I thought yep, this could be it. The Kop seemed to think the same thing at the same time as they suddenly broke into a chorus of Now you're gonna believe us. It was the first time this season that they dared sing it.
Winning the European Cup last year was great but this, this is the big one. This is the one we have all been waiting for.
It's been 30 years but now finally its here. And yeah football isn't important, but tonight it is. Tonight Liverpool are finally Premier League Champions.

Well said mate, my thoughts exactly!!

Pubs open in California so I might just have to go for a wee switch one tonight!

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: gawa316 on June 25, 2020, 11:38:22 PM

Well said mate, my thoughts exactly!!

Pubs open in California so I might just have to go for a wee switch one tonight!

Great post Laoislad. As Shankly said its the bread and butter, startin to sink in now 😃😎

gawa316

Quote from: Minder on June 25, 2020, 11:19:39 PM
What a manager & what a team

28 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat...just incredible.

Last season and this season we are 58 W, 9 D, & 2 L

manfromdelmonte

yewtree

What a night , we've waited so long and the most one sided Premier League ever .Back on the perch.I have still haven't taken it in - surreal.I'm only beginning, we are out on the porch having a few wee beauties.Class,30 years waiting! Sir Kenny Dalglish crying, a KOP legend.
This has to be one of my best sporting memories and thought I'd never see it with so many near misses even my partner and her kid were getting into it.
The flag is out her window and we are all here to daylight.
So so many LFC flags out all over Northern Ireland.
GAA could learn about bringing people together and still respecting social distancing with Covid19.
Fk its been a long wait.
YNWA
Kloop our leader.

sid waddell

There were degrees of knowing when we were going to win it.

I could feel in it my bones we'd win it when City lost to Norwich the same day Dublin won the fine in a row.
I had a feeling we'd win it when Wolves won 2-0 at the fake Maine Road.
I thought we'd win it when we got the late winner away to Villa.
I knew we'd win it when we beat City at Anfield.
I knew for definite we'd win it when City lost at home to to United.
I was laughing by the time Wolves beat City at Christmas at how easy it all was.

Then I thought we'd lose it when the pandemic struck.

Godsown