Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

God14

Joe Oguz was a real positive for me today. Thought he was excellent, and can only get better. A certain starter from here onward
Good to see Ronan McNamee do the full warm up etc, can't be too far away from playing time
Mcgleenan in amongst the subs too, gee he is one big man. Be very interesting to see how he develops
The one downside about Div1 being so cutthroat, you don't get the opportunity to ease men in. Every minute is pressure

No sign of either Peter Teague or Paudie McNulty amongst the squad again today. I'm guessing at this stage we won't see either the year

Enjoyed seeing the two Canavans on the field at the same time today. Hopefully plenty more of that to come

We need to follow this up now. 4 points on the board. 4 more to play for.

RoundBall

McNulty 2 weeks away yet, was in the dugout after the game. Teague still not fit
An Ríocht Uí Néill

God14

Quote from: RoundBall on March 05, 2023, 09:02:29 PM
McNulty 2 weeks away yet, was in the dugout after the game. Teague still not fit

Thanks

I was literally right behind dug out and on the pitch with my kids after the game. Somehow missed that

RoundBall

Yeah he was chatting to one of the Jones lads and Lorcan Quinn
An Ríocht Uí Néill

marty34

Quote from: God14 on March 05, 2023, 07:56:36 PM
Joe Oguz was a real positive for me today. Thought he was excellent, and can only get better. A certain starter from here onward
Good to see Ronan McNamee do the full warm up etc, can't be too far away from playing time
Mcgleenan in amongst the subs too, gee he is one big man. Be very interesting to see how he develops
The one downside about Div1 being so cutthroat, you don't get the opportunity to ease men in. Every minute is pressure

No sign of either Peter Teague or Paudie McNulty amongst the squad again today. I'm guessing at this stage we won't see either the year

Enjoyed seeing the two Canavans on the field at the same time today. Hopefully plenty more of that to come

We need to follow this up now. 4 points on the board. 4 more to play for.

I agree with your first point about the league.  It is very cut throat.

All teams talk about, in every league, is staving off relegation. Teams are petrified of going down.  It shouldn't be like that.

In an ideal gaa world, there'd be a 15 or 16 team league (2 leagues) with 3 up and 2 down.

It'll never happen unless it was a league/championship type format.

southtyronegael

Great  result  today, hopefully a springboard for the rest of the season. Disappointing  crowd at the game but a great atmosphere near the end . Been  a while  since I seen a Tyrone  crowd  as pumped. Great occasion. Need a lot more.

ONeill

Yeah the 'Tyrone' chant was as strong as it ever was. Been a while since I heard that.

Mattie D - I thought he was in the autumn years. Going by today it's an Indian Summer. Kerry couldn't curtail him.
Great to see the passion. Darragh's fist-pumping at the end with the geansai ripped - typified the defiance today.

One swallow and all that, but it's good to know the Tyrone fight isn't dormant.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Redhand Santa

What size of a squad are Tyrone carrying at the minute? There were 26 named on Sunday with McGleenan replacing McGeary which brings it up to 27. Assume the following players still involved:?

P McNulty
P Teague
P McCartan
R Donnelly
C Cush
D Jones

Anyone I've missed? It did appear it earlier years that there was too many players involved making it difficult to manage. Seemed to be over 40 involved at times. 33/34 seems about right with players called in for training matches if needed.

tyroneman

McShane injured on Sunday or just not used?

God14

Quote from: tyroneman on March 07, 2023, 11:29:53 AM
McShane injured on Sunday or just not used?

Just not used by the looks of it
He was doing sprints and warming up on the sideline

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 07, 2023, 08:04:52 AM
What size of a squad are Tyrone carrying at the minute? There were 26 named on Sunday with McGleenan replacing McGeary which brings it up to 27. Assume the following players still involved:?

P McNulty
P Teague
P McCartan
R Donnelly
C Cush
D Jones

Anyone I've missed? It did appear it earlier years that there was too many players involved making it difficult to manage. Seemed to be over 40 involved at times. 33/34 seems about right with players called in for training matches if needed.
Michael O'Neill?

Redhand Santa

He's obviously a long term injury but presumably still involved.

square_ball

Do we have a third goalkeeper on the panel? Or just running with Morgan and Gallen?

RoundBall

An Ríocht Uí Néill

Ireland2019

Hearing that a few managers have recently expressed their interest in the Tyrone ladies job in 2024? Pat McNabb (Trillick, Omagh CBS) being touted for the job. Would be a huge addition for the ladies if true