Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Therealdonald

Quote from: lenny on December 18, 2018, 09:04:49 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on December 18, 2018, 05:25:41 PM
Quote from: lenny on December 18, 2018, 03:42:15 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on December 17, 2018, 08:46:07 PM
harte only pulling canavan in now so he can say he was the one who gave him his first chance. you think harte was gonna do the sensible thing and wait 2 yrs and bring the 20yr old canavan in from u20s? no, god forbid there could be a new mangager in place by then and mickey wouldn't have got his hands on him. and il bet my last dollar that harte will be using this lad as a pawn to negotiate a contract extension in 2 years time or even less.

God forbid the u20 manager would win something and put pressure on harte for his job. This is going to make it very difficult for the u20s and leaves harte more secure in his own job for another few years (here's hoping). I'd say that's more his thinking.

Classic nonsensical Lennyism.  ;D

He's taken 2 good players from the u20s and realistically how much game time will they get with the seniors? Do you think these players are physically ready for senior county football? And at the end of the season the u20 manager will be be blamed for another bad season and harte continues on with no pressure on him.

It's very cynical but it makes sense. By all accounts Canavan is a star in the making but its very early for him I think. Realistically how many games is he going to play this year? Someone above mentioned Clifford, but the difference in stature between both is incredible. I hope he is the second coming of Jesus because we need him

BennyHarp

harte only pulling canavan in now so he can say he was the one who gave him his first chance. you think harte was gonna do the sensible thing and wait 2 yrs and bring the 20yr old canavan in from u20s? no, god forbid there could be a new mangager in place by then and mickey wouldn't have got his hands on him. and il bet my last dollar that harte will be using this lad as a pawn to negotiate a contract extension in 2 years time or even less.

God forbid the u20 manager would win something and put pressure on harte for his job. This is going to make it very difficult for the u20s and leaves harte more secure in his own job for another few years (here's hoping). I'd say that's more his thinking.

He's taken 2 good players from the u20s and realistically how much game time will they get with the seniors? Do you think these players are physically ready for senior county football? And at the end of the season the u20 manager will be be blamed for another bad season and harte continues on with no pressure on him.

So Harte has only called up Darragh Canavan....to put pressure on the U20 manager....so his team underperform....so there's no pressure on Harte?? You're a feckin looney bin, Lenny.  ;D
That was never a square ball!!

southtyronegael

lads do not underestimate the lengths harte will go to stay in power. anything and everything is up for grabs with him. baby jesus may just have arrived in time to save him.

bigpackiechestout

If, during the Mckenna Cup and early part of the League, Canavan and Murnaghan are not playing or showing signs of being able to make an impact for the seniors in the championship they will simply drop back to the u20s.

My guess is that Harte has looked at the landscape of the county game in the last couple of years, saw that Clifford make a huge impact last year straight out of minors and saw a few smaller guys like Ian Burke, Eoin Murchan, Ryan McHugh etc excelling and thought why not bring these two guys in and see if they are up to it. If so, great. If not, they go back to the u20s for the year and hopefully come back to the seniors next year or the year after.

southtyronegael

Bigpackieschestout, so your saying harte thinks we need a few smaller players? Smaller than mark Bradley, Mc curry, o Neill, sludden or Mc Geary? Jesus wept.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: southtyronegael on December 19, 2018, 12:08:10 PM
Bigpackieschestout, so your saying harte thinks we need a few smaller players? Smaller than mark Bradley, Mc curry, o Neill, sludden or Mc Geary? Jesus wept.

No. Are you suggesting we should wait until Darragh Canavan grows half a foot before we call him up? Or should we write him off completely because we already have enough short players?

southtyronegael

Canavans size is irrelevant. He has the ability and class to develop into a top class county footballer. Just don't see the rush to put pressure on the young lad. Pretty sure Clifford would have been a year older when brought in.

toby47

Quote from: southtyronegael on December 19, 2018, 12:55:28 PM
Canavans size is irrelevant. He has the ability and class to develop into a top class county footballer. Just don't see the rush to put pressure on the young lad. Pretty sure Clifford would have been a year older when brought in.

And if he wasn't picked it'd be 'Harte doesn't pick flair players, only wants defenders in the forward positions'

Dose

bigpackiechestout

Nah Clifford is exactly one year older

Dire Ear

Niall Morgan    Éadan na dTorc
2    Liam Rafferty    An Gallbhaile
3    Rory Brennan    Trí Leac
4    Ciaran McLaughlin    An Ómaigh
5    Tiernan McCann    Coill an Chlochair
6    Aidan McCrory    Aireagal Chiaráin
7    Ben McDonnell    Aireagal Chiaráin
8    Conan Grugan    An Ómaigh
9    Brian Kennedy    Doire Lochain
10    Niall Sludden    An Droim Mhór
11    Kyle Coney    Ard Bó
12    Cathal McShane    E. R. Uí Néill
13    Darren McCurry    Éadan na dTorc
14    David Mulgrew    Ard Bó
15    Ruairi Sludden    An Droim Mhór

Dire Ear

16    Benny Gallen    Achadh Uí Aráin
17    Darragh Canavan    Aireagal Chiaráin
18    Peter Harte    Aireagal Chiaráin
19    Conor Meyler    An Ómaigh
20    Matthew Murnaghan    Coill an Chlochair
21    Declan McClure    Cluain Eo
22    Hugh Pat McGeary    Cabhán a'Chaortainn
23    Ronan McNamee    Achadh Uí Aráin
24    Ronan O'Neill    An Ómaigh

rrhf

I hope we do not bring The young cub on in the Mc  Kenna cup against those  Derry hoors.

Dire Ear

Course he will, score about 2-4 as well!

southtyronegael

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on December 19, 2018, 02:24:47 PM

Nah Clifford is exactly one year older
is that not what I just said? Clifford is 20 on 22 jan. so he was 19 before he kicked a ball for Kerry seniors. canavan not 19 til april I think.

ose 14

never worry bout canavan. the real issue being missed is how can a manager that plays tiernan mccann on kieran kilkenny be trusted to get a kick out of this side. would that be the worst match up in the history of recent contests in croker. only mark harte on francie bellew in o5 drawn ulster final was  possibly worse. tiernan mccann in full flow is a class act but man marker he is not. i wonder if any journalist would have the cahones to ask the tactical genius what his thought process was.