Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corran

Is that the same Shea Heffron who's daddy was on the ulster council?

Any craic

Shea's Dad won a MacRory with Maghera in the 80s. The full of today's new 2013/14 Ulster Colleges Football All Stars with their schools & clubs are here https://www.facebook.com/jerome.quinn.7 I make it 3 for Derry, including two from Maghera and one from the Loup who's at Holy Trinity in Cookstown. Strangely enough, there's also a Monaghan lad winning an award with St Ciaran's Ballygawley and an Eglish All Star with St Patrick's Armagh, and even a Teemore lad with St Patrick's Cavan.

imtommygunn

I take that's jarlath's son??

Any craic

Have a look at him on the video - there's no mistaking it

nrico2006

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 13, 2013, 04:45:55 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 13, 2013, 04:10:56 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 13, 2013, 03:10:02 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 13, 2013, 02:49:40 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 13, 2013, 02:10:42 PM
Delighted to report that our Club has its first college All Star this year, so I think it's a superb system.

Who was that?  Is there a list up any where?  Surprised that more from your club haven't got one when you look at some of the players that have came through and had big underage success.  Then again they were all more than likely playing Markey Cup football.

Cathal McShane won one. They aren't officially out til Monday, but a lot of chatter on twitter of cubs saying who got them. Jarlath Og Burns got one as well.

Not totally au fait with how it works, but St Colmans/ HCC only came into the Ulster Colleges stable a few years back. I am assuming in Markey Cup days they weren't eligible.

Not sure or remember why Declan McCrossan never got one.

When you think of some of the players from St Colmans who would have been in the running, there would have been Paul Bradley, Jim Devine, Declan McCrossan and Brendan Boggs who would have all more than likely got one.

If I remember neither Jim nor definitely Deccy went to St Colmans... I think. Declan definitely didn't.

Deccy didn't, dunno how he got into my post there.  Jim was though.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

elk

After looking at the Macrory cup draw I fancy the 4 semi-finalists to be St. Colmans, St. Macartans,St. Michaels and Abbey CBS.

superbad

Big game tonight in Armagh. Bessbrook and the Abbey. Rafferty V Gormley. Will keep you updated

superbad

Half time. Bessbrook leading the Abbey0 8 to 1 4. They scored five points in a row to take the lead. Good crowd

naka

abbey by 2
1-11 to 0.12
good crowd and good game
mc name played well fro st pauls but Abbey just seemed to have more in their play

Any craic

Video: One Minute Report with the best bits from last night's Abbey CBS v Bessbrook Danske Bank MacRory Cup tie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv8f0Dp-S4Y

elk

Don't think the winners of Armagh/Dungannon will lose any sleep over facing the Abbey based on last nights performance.

naka

Quote from: elk on January 30, 2014, 09:04:48 AM
Don't think the winners of Armagh/Dungannon will lose any sleep over facing the Abbey based on last nights performance.
elk abbey did what they had to do
should had 2 more goals

elk

Quote from: naka on January 30, 2014, 10:11:51 AM
Quote from: elk on January 30, 2014, 09:04:48 AM
elk abbey did what they had to do
should had 2 more goals
I'm sure St.Pauls missed scores they should have taken also. It was not an impressive performance and if they play like that against better opposition and there are better teams than St. Pauls in the competition, they will get beat!

naka

tonites match is off
water logged pitch

orangeman

Any word of tomorrow's game ?

There was a lot of rain today.