Ulster Colleges

Started by Line Ball, October 13, 2012, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Good luck to Maghera tonight in the Mageean Final against CPC.

Any craic

St Pats Maghera beat St Pats Armagh today at Derrytresk though only by a point in the MacRory Cup. See the goals here and an extremely impressive rainbow!
http://www.ulstercollegesgaa.org/general/video-st-patricks-maghera-1-9-st-patricks-armagh-1-8/

Walter Cronc

Rannafast Semi Final - Maghera 4-12 Omagh 3-9.

Maghera v Colmans Final. Friday night 7.45 in Queens.

naka

guys whats the format for the last 8 this year
in the mac rory
is it top 4 in each group and then open draw
if so group a seems to have some serious heavyweights who may miss out

PAULD123

Quote from: naka on November 13, 2013, 08:59:14 PM
guys whats the format for the last 8 this year
in the mac rory
is it top 4 in each group and then open draw
if so group a seems to have some serious heavyweights who may miss out

If BT were still sponsoring you wouldn't have to ask this question because their website was infinitely better than Danske Bank's.

I would also like to ask the same question Naka has asked and also does anyone have the latest tables that they could post here?

tyrone86

As far as I know the top 2 in each section qualify for the QFs automatically and then the next 4 playoff A3 v B6; A4 v B5; A5 v B4; A6 v B3 and it's open draw after that.

Rawhide

Quote from: tyrone86 on November 14, 2013, 11:12:11 AM
As far as I know the top 2 in each section qualify for the QFs automatically and then the next 4 playoff A3 v B6; A4 v B5; A5 v B4; A6 v B3 and it's open draw after that.

Yip something like that, and those playoffs will approximately be the week before the quarter finals, which will place the automatic qualifiers who went straight to the quarter finals at a disadvantage. They will being going in cold on the back of a couple of challenge matcsh against a team who has had a very serious game the week before.
cccc is a true supporter lol

elk

Quote from: Rawhide on November 14, 2013, 12:42:40 PM
Quote from: tyrone86 on November 14, 2013, 11:12:11 AM

Yip something like that, and those playoffs will approximately be the week before the quarter finals, which will place the automatic qualifiers who went straight to the quarter finals at a disadvantage. They will being going in cold on the back of a couple of challenge matcsh against a team who has had a very serious game the week before.
The more serious the game the more risk of injury to key players.

Orior

St Pats beat St Colmans in the Rannafast, by about 3 points.

St Josephs Crossmaglen beat Ballymena in the earlier match by a late point.

St Pat's Maghera had that little bit more strength across the 15. In midfield Glass did some great catches and their leftback McNicholl is a crafty wee divil, but a good player.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

superbad

Disappointing result for Colman's last night but seemed to be very close. Hopefully they will build on it. Was reading the match preview and Maghera seemed to be the favourites. Three Rannafasts in 4 years, some going plus a MacRory/Hogan. How good is young Carr and Aiken? Crossmaglen are doing well.

elk

Quote from: superbad on November 16, 2013, 07:51:47 PM
Disappointing result for Colman's last night but seemed to be very close. Hopefully they will build on it. Was reading the match preview and Maghera seemed to be the favourites. Three Rannafasts in 4 years, some going plus a MacRory/Hogan. How good is young Carr and Aiken? Crossmaglen are doing well.
they have a long way to go to be in the same class as young Glass.

superbad

He must be something special.

brokencrossbar1

Young Glass is a serious player.  Great to see St Joes winning the Herald Cup, think it is only their second one ever. Some fine young players on the team from the whole area. Only 4 clubs represented, ourselves,  Silverbridge Cullyhanna and mullaghbawn.

armaghniac

QuoteOnly 4 clubs represented, ourselves,  Silverbridge Cullyhanna and mullaghbawn.

Not looking good for Cullaville then.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B