Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Evil Genius

Interesting news has emerged from the Netherlands concerning "vaccine nationalism" and the proposed EU export ban.

There was a brand new, but little used, manufacturing facility available last year in Leiden, owned by Halex.

Scientists in the UK identified this as suitable for manufacturing the AZ vaccine and last April the UK government contributed up to €25m (the exact figure is not certain) for Halix to upgrade their production facility to manifacture 200 litre vats of vaccine at a time. (The UK also sent over experts to assist with the process)

They put it to the Dutch government that if they contributed to the project, this could be ramped up to 100 litre vats.

The Dutch governmment didn't contribute a single cent, yet now they're complaining because the plant is fulfilling it's contract with the UK to export the vaccines we ordered, and threatening to stop it.

The above was unearthed by Dutch journalists btw, with the UK Press now picking up on it:

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2021/03/dutch-had-chance-to-invest-in-leiden-vaccine-maker-halix-nos/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/04/01/inside-vaccine-factory-tug-war-uk-puts-21m-eu-says-non-exports/
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

armaghniac

Quote from: Evil Genius on April 05, 2021, 09:19:39 PM
Interesting news has emerged from the Netherlands concerning "vaccine nationalism" and the proposed EU export ban.

There was a brand new, but little used, manufacturing facility available last year in Leiden, owned by Halex.

Scientists in the UK identified this as suitable for manufacturing the AZ vaccine and last April the UK government contributed up to €25m (the exact figure is not certain) for Halix to upgrade their production facility to manifacture 200 litre vats of vaccine at a time. (The UK also sent over experts to assist with the process)

They put it to the Dutch government that if they contributed to the project, this could be ramped up to 100 litre vats.

The Dutch governmment didn't contribute a single cent, yet now they're complaining because the plant is fulfilling it's contract with the UK to export the vaccines we ordered, and threatening to stop it.

The above was unearthed by Dutch journalists btw, with the UK Press now picking up on it:

https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2021/03/dutch-had-chance-to-invest-in-leiden-vaccine-maker-halix-nos/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/04/01/inside-vaccine-factory-tug-war-uk-puts-21m-eu-says-non-exports/

AZ took the contract, which meant that they believed that they could fulfill it, unless they are a shower of liars. Given that they are in the drug business they are in a position to know. If they cannot fulfill the contract to the EU they should certainly not be allowed export to places in less need of the vaccine.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

whitey

Just scheduled my first shot for Thursday morning-thank fvck

50 + and 1 underlying condition

J70

Quote from: whitey on April 06, 2021, 02:29:16 AM

When is MA opening it up to everyone? (Biden wants it nationwide by the beginning of May)

NY starts everyone over 16 this week.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on April 06, 2021, 11:56:06 AM

When is MA opening it up to everyone? (Biden wants it nationwide by the beginning of May)

Probably in the next 2 weeks but pretty much anyone can now get it.

I'm not a proponent of line jumping, and I have one legitimate pre existing condition, but other people I know who don't have predicting conditions are signing up anyway. Their logic is why should smokers, drug users and obese people get rewarded for bad life decisions and jump the line ahead of them

https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-vaccinations-for-individuals-with-certain-medical-conditions

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on April 06, 2021, 12:26:23 PM

I'm not a proponent of line jumping, and I have one legitimate pre existing condition, but other people I know who don't have predicting conditions are signing up anyway. Their logic is why should smokers, drug users and obese people get rewarded for bad life decisions and jump the line ahead of them

https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-vaccinations-for-individuals-with-certain-medical-conditions

Shouldn't be too many left after all the obese get the jab surely ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

So the EMA after weeks of grandstanding have now come clean and told us there is a risk of blood clotting from the AZ vaccine.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Angelo on April 06, 2021, 12:44:52 PM
So the EMA after weeks of grandstanding have now come clean and told us there is a risk of blood clotting from the AZ vaccine.

In young people did I read? In that case the rollout hasn't vaccinated that age group so hopefully something more suitable will be selected for them when their time comes

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 06, 2021, 12:43:38 PM
Quote from: whitey on April 06, 2021, 12:26:23 PM

Shouldn't be too many left after all the obese get the jab surely ?

Never mind the obese-they changed it over the weekend to include overweight people

Angelo

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on April 06, 2021, 12:49:05 PM

In young people did I read? In that case the rollout hasn't vaccinated that age group so hopefully something more suitable will be selected for them when their time comes

Hopefully.

Also hopefully a reminder to the zealots who want to force or coerce vaccinations on people who are not at risk of Covid of the potential dangers of doing so.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on April 06, 2021, 01:11:51 PM

Hopefully.

Also hopefully a reminder to the zealots who want to force or coerce vaccinations on people who are not at risk of Covid of the potential dangers of doing so.

At this rate of not taking pills they'll be back using the rhythm method
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Louther

Hopefully.

Is that the Gript take on it?

Angelo

Quote from: Louther on April 06, 2021, 01:30:56 PM

Hopefully.

You tell me.

You're the subscriber to it.

Louther

Quote from: Angelo on April 06, 2021, 01:44:42 PM
Quote from: Louther on April 06, 2021, 01:30:56 PM

Hopefully.

You tell me.

You're the subscriber to it.

Bluffer!

By the way, how is India working out that you had said was baffling scientists?

Milltown Row2

A senior official at the European Medicines Agency (EMA) has said he believes there is a link between the AstraZeneca vaccine and extremely rare cases of blood clots reported in people who recently had the jab.

In an interview with Italy's Il Messaggero newspaper, Marco Cavaleri, head of vaccines strategy at the EMA, said it was "clear there is a link with the vaccine" but there was still uncertainty about what exactly was causing such a reaction.

Mr Cavaleri said that among younger vaccinated people there was a higher than expected number of cases of cerebral thrombosis – blood clotting in the brain – compared with the general population.

A spokesperson for the EMA told The Independent the Pharmacovigilance Risk Assessment Committee (PRAC), which is reviewing the data, had "not yet reached a conclusion and the review is currently ongoing", with an announcement expected on Wednesday or Thursday.