Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Evil Genius

Quote from: armaghniac on March 19, 2021, 12:31:40 PM
Pfizer have greatly increased their production and they have proved capable of delivering, both in Europe and the USA. Moderna are delivering twice as much also, and J&J are starting. Once you are in June Curevac will come on board. I haven't mentioned AZ but even they should manage more in Q2 than Q1.
As was pointed out the other day, almost half of the vaccines which AZ have already delivered to the EU are yet to be used.

That's right, millions of AZ vaccine doses have been sitting unused in fridges around the continent, at the same time as EU politicians have been lacerating AZ for not delivering enough vaccines.

Which is just another example of politicians seeking to deflect the blame for their own incompetence onto others.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on March 19, 2021, 01:13:01 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on March 19, 2021, 12:52:00 PM
Quote from: Louther on March 19, 2021, 11:33:14 AM
Are you going to put up all the healthy people round Europe who have been hospitalised with covid without taking an vaccine as a comparison?

The anti-vaxers are so far entrenched they will cling to anything to support their viewpoint. The absolute state of some of the recent posts. Rightly scorned now as I'm sure the modern anti-vaxers once poured scorn on the 'traditional' anti vaxers.

I'm not anti-vax. Once again you try and misrepresent anyone with a different view to you as a lunatic.

The concerns are real on this, in Norway they have concluded that vaccines were the cause of death of young, fit and healthy people. That's what the head of the Norwegian hospital has concluded.

Now are you going to label the head of a hospital as an anti-vax lunatic because they disagree with your bigoted viewpoint.

People have a right to have concerns on this vaccine and people like you who try to demonise people who express to concerns are an absolute blight on democracy and functional society.

Maybe tell the families and friends on those people that have died in Norway, Sweden and Austria now that they are anti-vaxxers because they have developed concerns as a result of what has happened.

The crass and ignorant arrogance off your post says it all about you.

Amid major speculations and suspension of AstraZeneca's Covid-19 vaccine in several countries, the UK's medicines regulator assured that the vaccine is "safe and there is no evidence to suggest that the jabs are the cause behind blood clots as reported in some European countries."

Some countries in the European Union have temporarily suspended use of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine as a precautionary measure based on reports of rare blood coagulation disorders in persons who had received the vaccine. Other countries in the EU – having considered the same information - have decided to continue using the vaccine in their immunization programmes.

Vaccination against COVID-19 will not reduce illness or deaths from other causes. Thromboembolic events are known to occur frequently. Venous thromboembolism is the third most common cardiovascular disease globally.

In extensive vaccination campaigns, it is routine for countries to signal potential adverse events following immunization. This does not necessarily mean that the events are linked to vaccination itself, but it is good practice to investigate them. It also shows that the surveillance system works and that effective controls are in place.

WHO is in regular contact with the European Medicines Agency and regulators around the world for the latest information on COVID-19 vaccine safety. The WHO COVID-19 Subcommittee of the Global Advisory Committee on Vaccine Safety is carefully assessing the latest available safety data for the AstraZeneca vaccine. Once that review is completed, WHO will immediately communicate the findings to the public.

At this time, WHO considers that the benefits of the AstraZeneca vaccine outweigh its risks and recommends that vaccinations continue.

Reports of blood clots in some people who received the AstraZeneca-Oxford shot led several countries — many of them in Europe — to temporarily stop using the vaccine. The World Health Organization said there's no link between the shot and an increased risk of developing blood clots and is investigating.

I suppose it depends on which tin foil hat Angelo is wearing
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 19, 2021, 01:22:18 PM
Are you going to put up all the healthy people round Europe who have been hospitalised with covid without taking an vaccine as a comparison?

The anti-vaxers are so far entrenched they will cling to anything to support their viewpoint. The absolute state of some of the recent posts. Rightly scorned now as I'm sure the modern anti-vaxers once poured scorn on the 'traditional' anti vaxers.

I'm not anti-vax. Once again you try and misrepresent anyone with a different view to you as a lunatic.

The concerns are real on this, in Norway they have concluded that vaccines were the cause of death of young, fit and healthy people. That's what the head of the Norwegian hospital has concluded.

Now are you going to label the head of a hospital as an anti-vax lunatic because they disagree with your bigoted viewpoint.

People have a right to have concerns on this vaccine and people like you who try to demonise people who express to concerns are an absolute blight on democracy and functional society.

Maybe tell the families and friends on those people that have died in Norway, Sweden and Austria now that they are anti-vaxxers because they have developed concerns as a result of what has happened.

Amid major speculations and suspension of AstraZeneca's Covid-19 vaccine in several countries, the UK's medicines regulator assured that the vaccine is "safe and there is no evidence to suggest that the jabs are the cause behind blood clots as reported in some European countries."

Some countries in the European Union have temporarily suspended use of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine as a precautionary measure based on reports of rare blood coagulation disorders in persons who had received the vaccine. Other countries in the EU – having considered the same information - have decided to continue using the vaccine in their immunization programmes.

Vaccination against COVID-19 will not reduce illness or deaths from other causes. Thromboembolic events are known to occur frequently. Venous thromboembolism is the third most common cardiovascular disease globally.

In extensive vaccination campaigns, it is routine for countries to signal potential adverse events following immunization. This does not necessarily mean that the events are linked to vaccination itself, but it is good practice to investigate them. It also shows that the surveillance system works and that effective controls are in place.

WHO is in regular contact with the European Medicines Agency and regulators around the world for the latest information on COVID-19 vaccine safety. The WHO COVID-19 Subcommittee of the Global Advisory Committee on Vaccine Safety is carefully assessing the latest available safety data for the AstraZeneca vaccine. Once that review is completed, WHO will immediately communicate the findings to the public.

At this time, WHO considers that the benefits of the AstraZeneca vaccine outweigh its risks and recommends that vaccinations continue.

Reports of blood clots in some people who received the AstraZeneca-Oxford shot led several countries — many of them in Europe — to temporarily stop using the vaccine. The World Health Organization said there's no link between the shot and an increased risk of developing blood clots and is investigating.

I suppose it depends on which tin foil hat Angelo is wearing

So the Norwegians are conspiracy theorists now?

Good point, well argued.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

The Coincidence Theorists have now decided that Norwegian Medical Experts are anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists.

https://www.thelocal.com/20210318/norwegian-experts-conclude-strong-immune-response-from-astrazeneca-vaccine-linked-to-blood-clots/

"We have found the cause. There is nothing but the vaccine that can explain the immune reaction that occurred," Pål Andre Holme, professor and chief physician at Oslo University Hospital told newspaper VG

He is an anti-vax conspiracy theorist I suppose.

Maroon Manc

I'm surprised Norway have got as far as vaccinating their young and healthy, they must be leading the way in Europe considering the UK still hasn't got to the under 50's yet.

Angelo

Quote from: Maroon Manc on March 19, 2021, 01:46:32 PM

I'm surprised Norway have got as far as vaccinating their young and healthy, they must be leading the way in Europe considering the UK still hasn't got to the under 50's yet.

They were frontline healthcare workers. Good health, no underlying conditions.

trailer

Quote from: armaghniac on March 19, 2021, 12:31:40 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 19, 2021, 11:49:13 AM
Anyone who doesn't want the vaccine should move to the ROI. It'll be rolling lockdowns for the rest of the year. Their vaccination program along with the rest of Europe it has to be said is a disgrace. No vaccine = lockdown for you poor chaps.

It is accelerating all the time though and everyone will be done by August. Pfizer have greatly increased their production and they have proved capable of delivering, both in Europe and the USA. Moderna are delivering twice as much also, and J&J are starting. Once you are in June Curevac will come on board. I haven't mentioned AZ but even they should manage more in Q2 than Q1.

It is a pity not to get done before the holiday season though.

The ROI vaccinated 300 people last Sunday. Three hundred. The government probably needed a lie down after all that hard work.

imtommygunn

trailer

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 19, 2021, 01:53:35 PM
That's since been corrected. It was 303...

With those kind of numbers it's impossible to see a summer of any kind in the ROI. They haven't even got the hotel quarantine going yet.

imtommygunn

Yeah I would say the summer is a write off. I also think it could be up here too as even if vaccinations are happening they do appear to be very very cautious.

trailer

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 19, 2021, 02:10:38 PM
Yeah I would say the summer is a write off. I also think it could be up here too as even if vaccinations are happening they do appear to be very very cautious.

That's very true but maybe I am over optimistic but I imagine (pray and hope) Restaurants and Beer Gardens at least to be open, Christ maybe even table service in a Pub!!

In the South I can't see any of that if I am honest.

Angelo

3 people in Norway have died from Covid 19 under the age of 40 in the past 12 months.

2 people in Norway died from the vaccine in the past week

Just reflect on that for a minute.

armaghniac

Quote from: Angelo on March 19, 2021, 02:18:15 PM
3 people in Norway have died from Covid 19 under the age of 40 in the past 12 months.

Duly reflected
keew tsap eht ni eniccav eht morf deid yawroN ni elpoep 2
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

lenny

That really is quite staggering. After all your posts I had thought that Covid was absolutely no threat to anyone under 40. Now you're telling me that 3 people under 40 have died from covid. I don't know what to believe now.

Angelo

Quote from: lenny on March 19, 2021, 02:32:23 PM

That really is quite staggering. After all your posts I had thought that Covid was absolutely no threat to anyone under 40. Now you're telling me that 3 people under 40 have died from covid. I don't know what to believe now.

By the timelines, the vaccine seems to be about 4 times more dangerous than the virus itself to the u40 category.