Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Franko

Quote from: Angelo on January 06, 2021, 10:20:13 AM
Quote from: Franko on January 05, 2021, 08:03:22 PM
Any progress on an answer for me Angelo?

You're asking me for an answer I have already given you while I am awaiting an answer from you that you have failed to provide.

Interesting mindset you have.

I asked you this yesterday.

I have checked all the posts since that and you DEFINITELY have not answered this question.

So much for being the guy that doesn't shirk the hard questions.

LCohen has a point.

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 05, 2021, 08:02:55 PM
Quote from: Angelo on January 05, 2021, 07:55:45 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 05, 2021, 07:51:39 PM
No I'm not. If someone is terminal but dies earlier than they should have due to COVID, then it is rightly noted that Covid was the cause. It's still robbed then of time. If you are arguing that if someone is terminal and dies it shouldn't be classed as covid regardless of whether it was the cause or not, then I simply don't agree.

But it doesn't matter what their cause of death is. If they test positive for Covid and they die, they are classified as a Covid death, irrespective of whether or not Covid was what killed them. And that is the danger of the arbitrary way in which it is being reported.

Hosptial admissions with Covid are also being skewed now. Not sure if it was up north or down south but it was reported that a woman who was admitted to hospital with a broken hip and subsequently tested positive for Covid is now being classified as a Covid admission. That woman is not in hospital due to Covid, she is in hospital due to breaking her hip.
Did you even read the link? It says how many dies because of Covid (The underlying reason) and how many just died with Covid. That's where the 91% comes from.

It's a bogus claim.

Let me get this right.

You are saying that Covid was the cause of death in 91% of cases where the person had Covid. You're saying this when we have data that states - 93% of people who die from Covid have underlying health issues, 95% of over the age of 65, 66% are over the age of 80%.

And you're coming here stating as matter of fact that Covid is the cause of death? We know from the NHS how these deaths are reported, if you have Covid when you die your death is recorded as a Covid death. You have reported some bogus study which stretches beyond any length of credibility.

GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: Franko on January 06, 2021, 10:23:07 AM

You're asking me for an answer I have already given you while I am awaiting an answer from you that you have failed to provide.

I have checked all the posts since that and you DEFINITELY have not answered this question.

LCohen has a point.

I already answered this.

What you fail to mention is that you have failed to answer the following questions posed to you.

How many more failed lockdowns do you want to bring? How many more suicides, job losses, domestic violence incidents do you want to take place before trying something else?

You're now resorting to the LCohen strategy or repeating questions that have been dealt with in a matter to avoid your inability to argue your own position.

Franko

Quote from: Angelo on January 06, 2021, 10:27:30 AM

LCohen has a point.

I already answered this.

What you fail to mention is that you have failed to answer the following questions posed to you.

How many more failed lockdowns do you want to bring? How many more suicides, job losses, domestic violence incidents do you want to take place before trying something else?

You're now resorting to the LCohen strategy or repeating questions that have been dealt in a matter to avoid your inability to argue your own position.

You haven't.

It's not a matter of opinion, it's a written record.

It's there in black and white (or not, in this case).

So, once more we'll try...

How does a virus like this "run it's course"?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on January 06, 2021, 10:24:50 AM
No I'm not. If someone is terminal but dies earlier than they should have due to COVID, then it is rightly noted that Covid was the cause. It's still robbed then of time. If you are arguing that if someone is terminal and dies it shouldn't be classed as covid regardless of whether it was the cause or not, then I simply don't agree.

But it doesn't matter what their cause of death is. If they test positive for Covid and they die, they are classified as a Covid death, irrespective of whether or not Covid was what killed them. And that is the danger of the arbitrary way in which it is being reported.

Hosptial admissions with Covid are also being skewed now. Not sure if it was up north or down south but it was reported that a woman who was admitted to hospital with a broken hip and subsequently tested positive for Covid is now being classified as a Covid admission. That woman is not in hospital due to Covid, she is in hospital due to breaking her hip.
Did you even read the link? It says how many dies because of Covid (The underlying reason) and how many just died with Covid. That's where the 91% comes from.

It's a bogus claim.

Let me get this right.

You are saying that Covid was the cause of death in 91% of cases where the person had Covid. You're saying this when we have data that states - 93% of people who die from Covid have underlying health issues, 95% of over the age of 65, 66% are over the age of 80%.

And you're coming stating matter of fact that Covid is the cause of death? We know from the NHS how these deaths are reported, if you have Covid when you die your death is recorded as a Covid death. You have reported some bogus study which stretches beyond any length of credibility.

Have you the stats on when these 93% of the people with underlying conditions will die and the stats on the 95% of the people over the age of 65 are going to die? I think the average death rate age is around 78? not sure..

Should we just let them take their chances so that we can have everything up and running for the young fit people? Is that your strategy? Or is it just lock them up away from everyone and look after ourselves?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Angelo

Quote from: Franko on January 06, 2021, 10:31:17 AM

LCohen has a point.

I already answered this.

You're now resorting to the LCohen strategy or repeating questions that have been dealt in a matter to avoid your inability to argue your own position.

You haven't.

You're asking me a question that I have already answered. I had three fuckwits yesterday ask me to repeat an answer I have given numerous times.

We know the reason you are doing this. The reason you are doing this is because you can't argue your own positions.

So here is the question YOU ARE AVOIDING.

Address that and stop trying to muddy the water on questions I have already fully addressed.

Angelo

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 06, 2021, 10:31:50 AM

It's a bogus claim.

Let me get this right.

And you're coming stating matter of fact that Covid is the cause of death? We know from the NHS how these deaths are reported, if you have Covid when you die your death is recorded as a Covid death. You have reported some bogus study which stretches beyond any length of credibility.

Have you the stats on when these 93% of the people with underlying conditions will die and the stats on the 95% of the people over the age of 65 are going to die? I think the average death rate age is around 78? not sure..

Should we just let them take their chances so that we can have everything up and running for the young fit people? Is that your strategy? Or is it just lock them up away from everyone and look after ourselves?

Yes.

NISRA here covers the 95% over 65 https://www.nisra.gov.uk/publications/monthly-deaths - Mar-Aug table

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/over-93-of-people-who-died-with-covid-19-had-underlying-condition-cso-1.4402354

It's actually over 93% had underlying health conditions.

Do people die from terminal illness or old age anymore?

trueblue1234

It's a bogus claim.

Let me get this right.

And you're coming here stating as matter of fact that Covid is the cause of death? We know from the NHS how these deaths are reported, if you have Covid when you die your death is recorded as a Covid death. You have reported some bogus study which stretches beyond any length of credibility.

LOL when you get tired making a complete ass of yourself on line. This bogus study was from the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency. You are a complete moron. You can reword your question as many times as you like but the reality, as everyone can now see is that you have nothing. But I know your MO now is to go quiet on this for a while and the  pop up again ignoring the whole previous discussion where you were shown up and just start again. I have no idea why you do that, but each to their own.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Angelo on January 06, 2021, 10:39:28 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 06, 2021, 10:31:50 AM

It's a bogus claim.

Let me get this right.

Yes.

NISRA here covers the 95% over 65 https://www.nisra.gov.uk/publications/monthly-deaths - Mar-Aug table

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/over-93-of-people-who-died-with-covid-19-had-underlying-condition-cso-1.4402354

It's actually over 93% had underlying health conditions.

Do people die from terminal illness or old age anymore?

So to the second part of my post?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lenny

Quote from: Angelo on January 06, 2021, 10:36:41 AM

LCohen has a point.

I already answered this.

You haven't.

You're asking me a question that I have already answered. I had three fuckwits yesterday ask me to repeat an answer I have given numerous times.

We know the reason you are doing this. The reason you are doing this is because you can't argue your own positions.

Address that and stop trying to muddy the water on questions I have already fully addressed.

I don't think anyone wants any more failed lockdowns, we just want another successful one like last march where the numbers of infections went down by a huge amount. It meant that we had a fairly normal summer. The problem was that it was nearly too successful and idiots became complacent.

Franko

Quote from: Angelo on January 06, 2021, 10:36:41 AM

LCohen has a point.

I already answered this.

You haven't.

You 100% haven't answered it, that's just a blatant lie.

As you once said to another poster - back yourself.

You are making a show of yourself with this squirming.

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 06, 2021, 10:42:08 AM

It's a bogus claim.

Let me get this right.

LOL when you get tired making a complete ass of yourself on line. This bogus study was from the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency. You are a complete moron. You can reword your question as many times as you like but the reality, as everyone can now see is that you have nothing. But I know your MO now is to go quiet on this for a while and the  pop up again ignoring the whole previous discussion where you were shown up and just start again. I have no idea why you do that, but each to their own.

Yes. It is quite clearly bogus.

It's not quantifiable.

We know if you have test positive for Covid when you die you are recorded as a Covid death. That's reality.
And you are saying that 91% of people who had Covid at their death, died from it when 93% of people already had underlying health conditions and 66% are over the age of 80. Are you seriously, seriously trying to tell me that is plausible?

Meanwhile you tried to contend with me (even though I never suggested it) that the 50k excess deaths in the winter flu season of 17/18 had nothing to do with a very virulent Aussie flu strain.

The mental gynamstics and contradictions you are engaging in here are utterly staggering, reversing your logic to fit your narrative in two different cases.

Angelo

It's time for Franko to stop running away and answer the question.

Milltown Row2

Angelo, break this down for me please..

Because someone has underlying conditions, does that mean they would have died anyways whether they caught covid or not?

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on January 06, 2021, 10:52:40 AM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 06, 2021, 10:42:08 AM

It's a bogus claim.

Let me get this right.

Yes. It is quite clearly bogus.

It's not quantifiable.

We know if you have test positive for Covid when you die you are recorded as a Covid death. That's reality.
And you are saying that 91% of people who have Covid, died from it when 93% of people already had underlying health conditions and 66% are over the age of 80. Are you seriously, seriously trying to tell me that is plausible?

Meanwhile you tried to contend with me (even though I never suggested it) that the 50k excess deaths in the winter flu season of 17/18 had nothing to do with a very virulent Aussie flu strain.

The mental gynamstics and contradictions you are engaging in here are utterly staggering, reversing your logic to fit your narrative in two different cases.

I'm not trying to say anything, The NI Statistics and Research Agency are. I tend to use sources like that to form my opinions. You can argue that you don't agree with it. Which is fine, but you'll prob find that most people will side official data rather than Angelo on the internet.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit