Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Seaney

Quote from: LCohen on January 05, 2021, 11:40:53 AM
Quote from: Angelo on January 05, 2021, 11:38:31 AM
Ah yeah.

The barrage of questions which have already been answered.

So repost the answers.  Could not be easier?

I will make it even easier. If you don't like the answer you previously gave then change it for a new one.

As I said. Could not be easier

You don't have to stay on this page you great wordsmith, you can click on the wee numbers there and read back.

LCohen

Lads I post the evidence.

You boys just post allegations and can't back it up.

Like a couple of Trump fan boys.

Angelo

Quote from: LCohen on January 05, 2021, 11:55:16 AM

You don't post evidence.

You ask incessant repeat question in a barrage format that have already been answered.

And then you bring Trump in out of nowhere, you're a beaten docket whose only weapon (repeat questions already answered) has been taken away from him.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Seaney

In fairness that did make me laugh.

Taylor

Quote from: Seaney on January 05, 2021, 12:07:45 PM

In fairness that did make me laugh.

Pot Kettle Black?

Im still waiting on your evidence saying care homes are collateral damage when distributing the vaccine.

trueblue1234

Did either of you get an alternative to lock downs? Or advise how the NHS wouldn't be in a worse position if there wasn't a lock down and numbers were allowed to escalate?

Could the NHS be doing things better with regards to trying to keep services going for other ailments? - Yes I think they could, a valid question for the NHS (Although I know they are stretched due to isolation and sick leave, some wards are working at illegal levels of staffing trying to cope at the minute). And one that should be looked at.

But that has nothing to do with Lock downs as a measure of trying to curb the numbers from escalating.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Angelo

Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 05, 2021, 12:18:49 PM
Did either of you get an alternative to lock downs? Or advise how the NHS wouldn't be in a worse position if there wasn't a lock down and numbers were allowed to escalate?

Could the NHS be doing things better with regards to trying to keep services going for other ailments? - Yes I think they could, a valid question for the NHS (Although I know they are stretched due to isolation and sick leave, some wards are working at illegal levels of staffing trying to cope at the minute). And one that should be looked at.

But that has nothing to do with Lock downs as a measure of trying to curb the numbers from escalating.

Lockdowns have failed to deal with Covid twice already and have caused huge crises in other areas such as education, employment, mental health, vulnerable groupings whose support services have been cut etc.

But you think we should continue with a failed strategy? The WHO advised against using lockdowns as the sole measure and that's all governments in the western world are doing.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Angelo on January 05, 2021, 12:28:52 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on January 05, 2021, 12:18:49 PM

Lockdowns have failed to deal with Covid twice already and have caused huge crises in other areas such as education, employment, mental health, vulnerable groupings whose support services have been cut etc.

But you think we should continue with a failed strategy? The WHO advised against using lockdowns as the sole measure and that's all governments in the western world are doing.

Lock downs haven't been a successful as they should have been because they haven't been enforced enough. However they certainly haven't failed. The Spring peak for deaths was on the 8th April last year and then started to drop. 16 days after the lockdown was put in place. It's been generally accepted that lockdowns help curb the spread. To claim otherwise is nonsense.

*Edit I should add that lock downs are not a treatment or cure to Covid. If that's what you are judging them on then you are being illogical. They are a preventative method. A way of slowing down the death toll until science finds another solution, which it has and is now being rolled out. People complain that it's just kicking the can down the road. That is exactly what a lock down is for. To buy time for another solution. In that, lock downs have absolutely worked.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Rossfan

Can any of the sane posters here imagine what would have happened if we had carried on as normal from last March without restrictions/lockdowns???
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Angelo

Quote from: Rossfan on January 05, 2021, 01:11:55 PM
Can any of the sane posters here imagine what would have happened if we had carried on as normal from last March without restrictions/lockdowns???

Can any sane poster here point out to this idiot where someone has advocated for ZERO restrictions like before March 2019??

No, didn't think so.

This is the type of crap you have to deal with from idiots on here and it rules out any kind of informed and progressive discussion on this.

Angelo

Taylor

Absolute carnage.

Much like the way New York was at one stage with mass graves only it going on much longer.

Lockdowns havent eradicated the virus but they have helped slow it in some form - it would have slowed it down much more if more stringent lockdowns/enforcing of lockdowns had been done

Taylor

Quote from: Angelo on January 05, 2021, 01:19:02 PM

Can any sane poster here point out to this idiot where someone has advocated for ZERO restrictions like before March 2019??

No, didn't think so.

This is the type of crap you have to deal with from idiots on here and it rules out any kind of informed and progressive discussion on this.

I would imagine the same idiot would have got the year right

sid waddell

It has been a constant source of despondence to me how Professor Neil Ferguson has been vilified by the right-wing pseudo science crowd, merely for pointing out that disaster lay ahead for Britain had it continued on the trajectory it was headed for last March

What occurred was a disaster anyway, but it would have been multiple times greater in magnitude otherwise