Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Seaney

Looks like the new don't look at the No Deal UK strain might need a new vaccine!

Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 17, 2020, 08:54:04 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 17, 2020, 08:42:50 PM
Seamus you are wasting your time, they hunt in packs here. These gutless keyboard warriors if they met any man in a pub asked them would they take the vaccine and he said he had concerns, they would maybe at most say they have none and accept his concerns. But hiding in their bedrooms they will try to berate, bully and abuse one over and over who don't follow the narrative, all big men, some think they are wordsmith, its very entertaining to watch. Milhouse cares not a jot about society just himself, he puts himself last on the list to get a vaccine but berates those who cautiously do the same, they love this board they think they are kings. ;D

Seaney you'd have no friends in the pub to talk to, you're that guy that everyone nods too but says "there's that fuckwit Seaney, talks the biggest load of bollox "

You've been on this board as much as everyone else, gets barred and comes back on, the masks slips,  gets banned again as the intelligence slips and loses the plot.

But you're consistent, consistently comic gold

Ih dear dear dear hit a nerve, Milhouse always gets abusive when the truth hurts bless.

Seaney

Quote from: LCohen on December 17, 2020, 09:43:33 PM
Seamus you are wasting your time, they hunt in packs here. These gutless keyboard warriors if they met any man in a pub asked them would they take the vaccine and he said he had concerns, they would maybe at most say they have none and accept his concerns. But hiding in their bedrooms they will try to berate, bully and abuse one over and over who don't follow the narrative, all big men, some think they are wordsmith, its very entertaining to watch. Milhouse cares not a jot about society just himself, he puts himself last on the list to get a vaccine but berates those who cautiously do the same, they love this board they think they are kings. ;D

Dessie

Imagine some bluffer came in into the local and made his outlandish claims and when asked to evidence them all he could he say was he provided that evidence a different day and that was the end of the matter. Sure he would be laughed out of town

By a wordsmith like you. ;D

Seaney

Quote from: dublin7 on December 18, 2020, 12:02:45 AM
Quote from: LCohen on December 17, 2020, 09:43:33 PM

Dessie

Imagine some bluffer came in into the local and made his outlandish claims and when asked to evidence them all he could he say was he provided that evidence a different day and that was the end of the matter. Sure he would be laughed out of town

Or imagine he said a chemical engineer told him the vaccine was rubbish and left it at that. You'd be ridiculed and rightly so.

The only reasons the likes of yourself and Angelo have offered against getting the vaccine are some Hollywood conspiracies of evil big pharma/pharmaceutical companies and their CEOs breaking any and all rules to make money.

Oh dear more lies doubt you would last long chatting to anyone, do you have to be a liar to post here?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seaney on December 20, 2020, 02:19:29 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 17, 2020, 08:54:04 PM

Seaney you'd have no friends in the pub to talk to, you're that guy that everyone nods too but says "there's that fuckwit Seaney, talks the biggest load of bollox "

You've been on this board as much as everyone else, gets barred and comes back on, the masks slips,  gets banned again as the intelligence slips and loses the plot.

But you're consistent, consistently comic gold

Ih dear dear dear hit a nerve, Milhouse always gets abusive when the truth hurts bless.

Well if the hat fits....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Asked if he would get a vaccine, Christy Moore on the radio this morning said that he would get all 5 of them. That's the spirit.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

LCohen

Good to have the seaney account back. Whilst you were away the Seamus account and the Angelo account were active. Well, partially active. Thing's didn't go well for the Desmond collective.

The Seamus account seemed to take personal offence at the Seaney account being asked questions.

Seamus' retaliation had some positives in that it spread some seasonal cheer such were its comedic properties. The Seamus Account has this conviction that I am not answering questions. Such is the Seamus Account's conviction that they are blind to fact. All I had to do do was repost the answer that I had provided to the question and that as the Seamus Account holed below the water line. Seamus ain't been seen since.

So the Angelo account gets rebooted. The accusation against that account is that they don't answer questions and just keeps trotting out the mantra that the question was unanswered at some previous unspecified time and in a form that it is no longer visible on the all seeing internet. As you might have guessed that has proven an unsustainable position. And off popped the Angelo Account.

Before they went they were offered a clean slate and a free hit. Poor creature couldn't muster a single thought.

They did try their hand a bringing back the Seamus Account accusation that I don't answer questions. They even took the radically new venture (for the Desmond Swayne Collective) of providing evidence. However the inexperience in dealing with evidence meant it all went horribly wrong. The evidence was actually of the Angelo account not answering the question. Difficult to think of how that could have gone worse for the Angelo account. The Angelo account checked out of the debate at that stage.

So good to see the Seaney account rise like a turkey from the flames. Let's hope it brings some substantive points and give a fair representation of the Dessie Crew

LCohen

Seaney

Matt Hancock but he is not my mate, but he maybe someone's mate.

Seaney

Quote from: LCohen on December 20, 2020, 04:10:41 PM
Good to have the seaney account back. Whilst you were away the Seamus account and the Angelo account were active. Well, partially active. Thing's didn't go well for the Desmond collective.

The Seamus account seemed to take personal offence at the Seaney account being asked questions.

Seamus' retaliation had some positives in that it spread some seasonal cheer such were its comedic properties. The Seamus Account has this conviction that I am not answering questions. Such is the Seamus Account's conviction that they are blind to fact. All I had to do do was repost the answer that I had provided to the question and that as the Seamus Account holed below the water line. Seamus ain't been seen since.

So the Angelo account gets rebooted. The accusation against that account is that they don't answer questions and just keeps trotting out the mantra that the question was unanswered at some previous unspecified time and in a form that it is no longer visible on the all seeing internet. As you might have guessed that has proven an unsustainable position. And off popped the Angelo Account.

Before they went they were offered a clean slate and a free hit. Poor creature couldn't muster a single thought.

They did try their hand a bringing back the Seamus Account accusation that I don't answer questions. They even took the radically new venture (for the Desmond Swayne Collective) of providing evidence. However the inexperience in dealing with evidence meant it all went horribly wrong. The evidence was actually of the Angelo account not answering the question. Difficult to think of how that could have gone worse for the Angelo account. The Angelo account checked out of the debate at that stage.

So good to see the Seaney account rise like a turkey from the flames. Let's hope it brings some substantive points and give a fair representation of the Dessie Crew

Do you write short stories in your spare time?

dublin7

Quote from: Seaney on December 20, 2020, 02:17:38 PM
Looks like the new don't look at the No Deal UK strain might need a new vaccine!

Looks like Seany/Angelo needs to delete another of their Covid theories.

The US surgeon general does not think the variant will be immune to the vaccine.

The deputy head of Europe's biology laboratory researching Covid 19 also does not think the new strain will be immune to any vaccine but will do tests to confirm

LCohen

Quote from: Seaney on December 20, 2020, 08:56:41 PM
Matt Hancock but he is not my mate, but he maybe someone's mate.

Where was that then?

I saw his interviews this morning and he made no such statement. Of course he may have made the statement elsewhere but the internet carries neither it nor any reference to it apart from your own claim.

LCohen

Quote from: Seaney on December 20, 2020, 09:04:24 PM
Quote from: LCohen on December 20, 2020, 04:10:41 PM

Do you write short stories in your spare time?

I have no talent for fiction.

So I stick to facts

LCohen

Quote from: dublin7 on December 20, 2020, 09:09:20 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 20, 2020, 02:17:38 PM

Looks like Seany/Angelo needs to delete another of their Covid theories.

The US surgeon general does not think the variant will be immune to the vaccine.

The deputy head of Europe's biology laboratory researching Covid 19 also does not think the new strain will be immune to any vaccine but will do tests to confirm

You are being rash there.

I feel certain that 1 of the account holders will be along shortly with proof of their claims

trileacman

I don't particularly like the approaches of most of the Western countries to covid vaccine development. Rather surprisingly it's the old tired and test vaccine technologies employed by China that I'd view as being a safer bet than the US/Brit/German vaccine. Whilst mRNA vaccines may prove to be the future of vaccine development their safety profile is as of yet untested especially when you consider they might possibly be rolled out to 1 billion people within 24 months of development. In such a scenario vaccine safety is of the upmost importance.

The mRNA vaccines pretty much hijack your cellular protein machinery to produce many copies of a spike protein. The spike protein is around 1250 amino acids long. The concern is that can this synthetically produced spike protein be cleaved down in to potentially damaging proteins. For example the prion protein that causes BSE/CJD is 250 amino acids long. The Beta amyloid that causes Alzheimer's disease is only 30-40 amino acids long. So potentially you could be giving people a vaccine with effects that may not be visible for years, possibly decades of their lives.

The oxford vaccine is just as bad if not worse. They've piggybacked the spike protein DNA into a chimp virus and then use that chimp virus to infect the cells of the body. Jesus you'd think the whole lesson from coronavirus being that "don't let people catch animal viruses" would have stuck in their heads for more than 2 months. Whilst it's been advertised as a non-replicating simian adenovirus I haven't seen the science behind how they've ensured it's non-replicating. Anyway the non-replicating advantage becomes a moot point if a person is both vaccinated and becomes infected with the simian virus at the same time. In such a scenario you could have potentially married the infectious qualities of Covid with a novel adenovirus. Not a pleasant scenario.

The Chinese vaccine focused on the tried and tested method of simply attenuating the live Covid virus by running it through lines of vero cells. What they've sacrificed in effectiveness they've gained in safety IMO. Even the Russian vaccine operates off a safer platform than the other Western vaccines, unfortunately because they've piggybacked the spike protein DNA into a human coronavirus it's highly likely to be ineffective as a vaccine.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014