Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Started by Angelo, October 22, 2020, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you get a Covid vaccine if one becomes available in 2021?

Yes
122 (71.8%)
No
48 (28.2%)

Total Members Voted: 170

Seaney

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 16, 2020, 03:35:39 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on December 16, 2020, 02:21:14 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 01:45:16 PM
I would conclude you are akin to Milhouse who feels they are somehow morally, intellectually or educationally superior that the other 18 active members on this small irrelevant board, but sure you all can't meet in the pub I suppose so knock yourself out, whatever turns you on.

So if it is irrelevant, why do you keep reincarnating yourself everytime you get banned?

I find this hilarious. You 18 know it alls on this small irrelevant board I spend loads of time on ;D (I clicked your name just to check... you're a hero member of this small irrelevant board  ;D)

You do also know that is not my name?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 03:32:52 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 16, 2020, 01:51:35 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 12:39:25 PM
We all pay NI, the more your earn the more you pay, will you have a cap like 50K or something you have to be earning before you pay to see a doctor, might it not put folk off who are ill forking out 50 quid for a doctors appointment and cause longer harm?  Just because you can afford it doesn't mean all workers could, I remember where prescriptions were 5.50 or something I had no issue paying once a year or whenever I needed something, others are on daily medication, will everyone working pay?

Anyone working should pay for prescriptions, I don't see the issue here, why should you get it for free, standard fee across the board.

If you are unwell and need to see the doctor why wouldn't you go? So £50 would stop a working person from seeing the doctor? Knowing that the money will be used to improve the services they are getting then I can't see the problem.

I've not had a prescription in god know how long, I got tablets from the hospital one day I went when the gout kicked in

Do you think the NHS can continue to give out free prescriptions? How long will that last?

You wouldn't you would assume I am ok feck the rest as you have shown time and time again.

Bit early for the glue?

I wouldn't assume anything about you, you could be some vagrant for all I know, my point is that we should be paying for prescriptions if we are working, if you think we should have a better NHS then we either pay higher taxes/NI or we pay for the services I've mentioned..

Anyone that isn't working can avail of what we currently have. Now is there another way you'd like that put?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 03:44:36 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 16, 2020, 03:35:39 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on December 16, 2020, 02:21:14 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 01:45:16 PM
I would conclude you are akin to Milhouse who feels they are somehow morally, intellectually or educationally superior that the other 18 active members on this small irrelevant board, but sure you all can't meet in the pub I suppose so knock yourself out, whatever turns you on.

So if it is irrelevant, why do you keep reincarnating yourself everytime you get banned?

I find this hilarious. You 18 know it alls on this small irrelevant board I spend loads of time on ;D (I clicked your name just to check... you're a hero member of this small irrelevant board  ;D)

You do also know that is not my name?

What??  ;D

Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 16, 2020, 03:44:49 PM
We all pay NI, the more your earn the more you pay, will you have a cap like 50K or something you have to be earning before you pay to see a doctor, might it not put folk off who are ill forking out 50 quid for a doctors appointment and cause longer harm?  Just because you can afford it doesn't mean all workers could, I remember where prescriptions were 5.50 or something I had no issue paying once a year or whenever I needed something, others are on daily medication, will everyone working pay?

Anyone working should pay for prescriptions, I don't see the issue here, why should you get it for free, standard fee across the board.

If you are unwell and need to see the doctor why wouldn't you go? So £50 would stop a working person from seeing the doctor? Knowing that the money will be used to improve the services they are getting then I can't see the problem.

I've not had a prescription in god know how long, I got tablets from the hospital one day I went when the gout kicked in

Do you think the NHS can continue to give out free prescriptions? How long will that last?

You wouldn't you would assume I am ok feck the rest as you have shown time and time again.

Bit early for the glue?

I wouldn't assume anything about you, you could be some vagrant for all I know, my point is that we should be paying for prescriptions if we are working, if you think we should have a better NHS then we either pay higher taxes/NI or we pay for the services I've mentioned..

Anyone that isn't working can avail of what we currently have. Now is there another way you'd like that put?

So everyone working - no cap on salary should pay to see a doctor because you think so and you are the authority of everything, apologies if I mistyped there is so much to answer no wonder I am at hero status.

JoG2

Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 03:34:55 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on December 16, 2020, 01:48:58 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 10:19:07 AM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 16, 2020, 09:28:19 AM
Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 09:20:12 AM
Alternatively pressure has come about because the health system has been ignored for decades, brexit didn't help chasing foreign staff away,

All true - but ultimately irrelevant to charting a path out of where we are right now.

the first lockdown was bought in by everyone, nothing was achieved in this period as the government did feck all during these months, track and trace has been a shambles, eat out to help out was a disaster, telling everyone to get back to the office was a disaster, covid is a scourge but the bigger scourge is how the politicians handled it

Agree on everything there - go back to around page 20 of the coronavirus thread to see where I was on the matter back then.

and that wider impact on society.  Everyone is talking about the vulnerable as being those over 80 in a care home, what about those with disabilities, those in abusive relationships, those committing suicide because they have lost their jobs, those who are in isolation for months and months.

Everyone is vulnerable if the healthcare system completely breaks down. Not just the over 80s.

We have an icy snap, you fall and break a hip - but there is no capacity for an operation as all beds are full with people dying of pneumonia. What do you do then?

The system is already in the middle of collapsing.

I agree that its sh*t all round for many people. But you don't seem to grasp we'd be in much the same boat but with a much higher death toll if significant interventions were not taken (I would strongly argue the interventions have not been taken early enough, drastic enough and not for long enough).

Isn't it great to have you around to ensure I grasp things correctly, your patronisation is astounding, the health system was at bursting point and has been for decades, covid made the health care workers untouchable, there was a GP in Armagh doing a piece justifying her 6 figure salary except she was my GP you couldn't get to see her for love nor money, I had one anti inflammatory and a course of antibiotics prescribed over the phone with no consultation, this is happening all over - so much you don't need a pill for every ill.

So you asked for pills and got them prescribed without any consultation? Really? That would be medical negligence Seany. You could live like that GP for a year or 2

A nurse rang me back asked me my symptoms and what I thought it was and a prescription was left over, presumably signed by the doctor. I waited a few days and didn't use the antibiotic.

That will have been the nurse practitioner, so you did have a consultation re your symptons and were prescribed relevant medication.

Seaney

Whom prescribed an antibiotic which in the end wasn't needed.

JoG2

Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 03:49:31 PM

Which they are trained to do once they have consulted with a patient. What was your issue with this? Did you collect the medication and not use them?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 03:46:35 PM

Bit early for the glue?

So everyone working - no cap on salary should pay to see a doctor because you think so and you are the authority of everything, apologies if I mistyped there is so much to answer no wonder I am at hero status.

Jesus!

Where did I say I'm the authority of everything? Amazing!  Mistyped ? I think miss read. This is an opinion.

I'll say it again just incase those drugs you got over the counter are not working...

Anyone that has a job,  (the key thing in my post is job) should be paying for their prescriptions and doctors appointments.. What that fee is I don't know, I mentioned £50 for doctors and whatever the prescription fee was before..

Or alternatively we pay more taxes/NI

If you would like this written in crayon let me know
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LCohen

Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 03:37:00 PM
Quote from: LCohen on December 16, 2020, 01:50:01 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 01:41:51 PM
Quote from: LCohen on December 16, 2020, 01:22:47 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 15, 2020, 01:43:29 PM
I would love you to quote to say where I am anti vax, if you do that it would be great ta.

Well you have said you won't get but haven't given a clear supported reason why not.

I answered the thread title, as mentioned at this stage given my age and health, if I was to be in line I still mightn't get it next year, and knowing the executive nor in 2022!

But you haven't given a good reason for not getting it.

And now you seem to be grumbling that you are going to have to wait to get the thing you don't want to get. You are a diner who complains that the food is inedible AND the portions are too small.

There just doesn't seem to be any logic to your posts

It isn't compulsory  - I give my reasons for reluctance - read back.  As for the bit underlined - that you trying to be a good wordsmith?

Nobody said it was compulsory.

To claim that you have given your reasons is an outright lie. The only reason you have given (that it has been "rushed") had been definitively exploded as a reason. You have nothing to back it up and other other reason to give.

LCohen

Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 03:37:33 PM
Quote from: LCohen on December 16, 2020, 01:51:18 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 01:42:46 PM
Quote from: LCohen on December 16, 2020, 01:26:19 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 15, 2020, 04:23:40 PM
Quote from: Taylor on December 15, 2020, 01:53:46 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 15, 2020, 01:44:45 PM
The Covid figure in UK is pie in the sky, is what I was alluding to.

Ok thanks.

You havent provided evidence of the collateral damage in care homes yet?

Could you tell me what you would do if you were in charge?

Because I cannot see anything you are in favour of

I am not in charge so it is a mute point.

What is a mute point?

You are on a discussion forum. When you argue for/against something just saying that you are not in charge and therefore don't need evidence or alternatives just makes you a rubbish poster.

As opposed to the virologists on the board following the narrative.

They are not virologists. Just posters with reliable sources.

What is a mute point though?

Google?

Google isn't a source.

dublin7

Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 01:39:43 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on December 16, 2020, 01:13:10 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 01:00:45 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 16, 2020, 12:40:36 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 11:53:12 AM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 16, 2020, 11:26:21 AM
Isn't it great to have you around to ensure I grasp things correctly, your patronisation is astounding,

Unfortunately your ignorance is even more astounding than my patronising.

A humble patronising keyboard warrior - who would have thought.

I'll leave you to grab the last word as I'm sure in your head it'll somehow validate your "argument".

Anyway. In summary:
- vaccine is fundamentally safe unless you have an allergy to any of the carrier chemicals.
- vaccine is required to protect not only people from covid, but people from other ailments as they will get treated quicker, better and not have to run the gauntlet of getting covid in hospital with an already compromised immune system.
- vaccine is required to get the economy up and running, as a drastic spike in cases and sickness will only see further economic contractions and job losses.
- vaccine is required to protect people from the mental anguish of losing loved ones, especially those that are carers for others.

And Ill leave you to quote where I have voiced anti-vax sentiments as opposed to a cautious approach to an expediently developed vaccine, but don't let truth get in the way of your narrative.

Your chemical engineer friend who you like to quote doesn't let the truth or facts get in the way of his/her opinions either. Next time he/she tries to give you any information/stats for vaccines or covid issues have a word.

You are really hung up on someone you know nothing about, his advice is sound.

His stats aren't sound so I wouldn't believe anything he says. I have't seen any chemical engineers cited in any of the Pfizer documents for their work on the vaccine for example or on the news advising people on how to deal with Covid. Have you? It seems you like seeing and hearing what you like and ignore everything else.

You say his advice is sound but despite numerous requests from multiple posters you can't give us a reasonable reason or his his advice as why not to get vaccinated for Covid.

You also keep saying look back in the thread, but as pointed out by everyone else you've never answered it and it's been your standard go to excuse in the whole thread. It's a simple question, but you can't answer it for some unknown reason

Seaney

Quote from: LCohen on December 16, 2020, 04:09:02 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 03:37:00 PM
Quote from: LCohen on December 16, 2020, 01:50:01 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 01:41:51 PM
Quote from: LCohen on December 16, 2020, 01:22:47 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 15, 2020, 01:43:29 PM
I would love you to quote to say where I am anti vax, if you do that it would be great ta.

Well you have said you won't get but haven't given a clear supported reason why not.

I answered the thread title, as mentioned at this stage given my age and health, if I was to be in line I still mightn't get it next year, and knowing the executive nor in 2022!

But you haven't given a good reason for not getting it.

And now you seem to be grumbling that you are going to have to wait to get the thing you don't want to get. You are a diner who complains that the food is inedible AND the portions are too small.

There just doesn't seem to be any logic to your posts

It isn't compulsory  - I give my reasons for reluctance - read back.  As for the bit underlined - that you trying to be a good wordsmith?

Nobody said it was compulsory.

To claim that you have given your reasons is an outright lie. The only reason you have given (that it has been "rushed") had been definitively exploded as a reason. You have nothing to back it up and other other reason to give.

Is that not a reason, politics live today it was suggested 40 percent if medical workers wont get it.

Seaney

Quote from: dublin7 on December 16, 2020, 05:12:27 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 01:39:43 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on December 16, 2020, 01:13:10 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 01:00:45 PM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 16, 2020, 12:40:36 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 11:53:12 AM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on December 16, 2020, 11:26:21 AM
Isn't it great to have you around to ensure I grasp things correctly, your patronisation is astounding,

Unfortunately your ignorance is even more astounding than my patronising.

A humble patronising keyboard warrior - who would have thought.

I'll leave you to grab the last word as I'm sure in your head it'll somehow validate your "argument".

Anyway. In summary:
- vaccine is fundamentally safe unless you have an allergy to any of the carrier chemicals.
- vaccine is required to protect not only people from covid, but people from other ailments as they will get treated quicker, better and not have to run the gauntlet of getting covid in hospital with an already compromised immune system.
- vaccine is required to get the economy up and running, as a drastic spike in cases and sickness will only see further economic contractions and job losses.
- vaccine is required to protect people from the mental anguish of losing loved ones, especially those that are carers for others.

And Ill leave you to quote where I have voiced anti-vax sentiments as opposed to a cautious approach to an expediently developed vaccine, but don't let truth get in the way of your narrative.

Your chemical engineer friend who you like to quote doesn't let the truth or facts get in the way of his/her opinions either. Next time he/she tries to give you any information/stats for vaccines or covid issues have a word.

You are really hung up on someone you know nothing about, his advice is sound.

His stats aren't sound so I wouldn't believe anything he says. I have't seen any chemical engineers cited in any of the Pfizer documents for their work on the vaccine for example or on the news advising people on how to deal with Covid. Have you? It seems you like seeing and hearing what you like and ignore everything else.

You say his advice is sound but despite numerous requests from multiple posters you can't give us a reasonable reason or his his advice as why not to get vaccinated for Covid.

You also keep saying look back in the thread, but as pointed out by everyone else you've never answered it and it's been your standard go to excuse in the whole thread. It's a simple question, but you can't answer it for some unknown reason

You are obsessed with a man who has never read this board.

Seaney

Quote from: JoG2 on December 16, 2020, 03:52:29 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 03:49:31 PM

Which they are trained to do once they have consulted with a patient. What was your issue with this? Did you collect the medication and not use them?

Yes and brought them back to pharmacist.

Seaney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 16, 2020, 03:58:42 PM
Quote from: Seaney on December 16, 2020, 03:46:35 PM

Bit early for the glue?

Jesus!

Where did I say I'm the authority of everything? Amazing!  Mistyped ? I think miss read. This is an opinion.

I'll say it again just incase those drugs you got over the counter are not working...

Anyone that has a job,  (the key thing in my post is job) should be paying for their prescriptions and doctors appointments.. What that fee is I don't know, I mentioned £50 for doctors and whatever the prescription fee was before..

Or alternatively we pay more taxes/NI

If you would like this written in crayon let me know

Any job? So if you are in employment? Is this so you and yours can jump the queue of plebs?