Tyrone 2008

Started by tyroneman, August 14, 2007, 01:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feetofflames

A forward of O Neill and Canavans stature only comes along in a generation.  With O neill gone, Canavan gone and Tyrones next potential starlet Niall Mc Ginn wasting his energies at Dungannon Swifts in front of 200 people, it does indeed look like Tyrone are facing at least 5 years in the wilderness.  Very sad about Stevie but in your pomp you were class son,  You owe Tyrone nothing. 
Chief Wiggum

orangeman

I can't really accept all this talk about everybody feeling disgruntled - why would the county board have given MH and co,. a frther 3 year contract ?????

It's always easy to say after an event that everyone feels miffed - certainly there seems to have been some problem with SON and the set up - but I honestly don't think that everybody is disastisfied - if they are, we're seeing the break up of this great team.

tyrone86

Quote from: orangeman on January 25, 2008, 10:09:31 AM
I can't really accept all this talk about everybody feeling disgruntled - why would the county board have given MH and co,. a frther 3 year contract ?????

It's always easy to say after an event that everyone feels miffed - certainly there seems to have been some problem with SON and the set up - but I honestly don't think that everybody is disastisfied - if they are, we're seeing the break up of this great team.

I'd have thought the Co. Board can remove Harte at any point in the next 3 years if they feel so inclined. But I heard that in the meeting that Harte got the extension that there where reservations about a couple members of the backroom team and that a few fresh faces wouldn't have done any harm.

orangeman

It's as simple as this - the manager's job is Mickey's until he decides he doesn't want it anymore - that's his reward for winning two AI senior titles and countless underage gongs ! Never forget that.

Quarterback

I Think were at a stage were harte has to be questiones....the co board are afraid of the man....How would the co board feel about a tiff between steven o neill and harte....is losing oneill and keeping harte the best way forward for tyrone football??

tieroan

A Carrickmore man was fit to confirm this news to e at Christmas and he explained why Stevie had had enough. He also told me that Conor Gormley was getting married next year and had no intention of playing county football after this year! These sort of things are never far from the truth.

Captain Black

yous tyrone boys r in bad nick now! i see the odds for derry liftin ulster are gettin shorter than your full back line!

orangeman

Why were none of these issues raised before ???

sam03/05

this is mulligans final season as well - i think it is pretty much the end of the current tyrone team
new blood needs to be found.
2004 and 2006 were tyrones best chance of doing something special but injury crippled the team - and it is unlikely that it will ever reach the heights again.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

I dont know how much of this is true but what I would say is that we've heard this kind of thing before and it turned out to be nonsense. I remember before the 2005 championship people were saying the players had fallen out with Harte and didnt want to play for him and that Tally was the man who masterminded the 2003 success. Look what happened that summer, nobody could say those boys werent playing for the manager! As for Mulligan according to this board he retires every season ;D

If the team does start to break up then thats just life anyway, these lads have given a lot. They should have won more than 2 All-Irelands but for injuries and far more tragic circumstances but you could also argue that they did well even to get the 2 given what happened. And who knows they might not be finished just yet.....

Son_of_Sam

There may be issues between Mickey & Stevie but is it not possible that O'Neill just wants to help his club achieve the highs he has achieved with Tyrone. 2 All-Irelands in the last 5 years is nothing to take lightly. Its hard to keep up the interest with two recent All-Irelands even for some of the Kerry lads.

Zapatista

Quote from: Lamh Dhearg Alba on January 26, 2008, 12:45:29 AM
I dont know how much of this is true but what I would say is that we've heard this kind of thing before and it turned out to be nonsense. I remember before the 2005 championship people were saying the players had fallen out with Harte and didnt want to play for him and that Tally was the man who masterminded the 2003 success. Look what happened that summer, nobody could say those boys werent playing for the manager! As for Mulligan according to this board he retires every season ;D

If the team does start to break up then thats just life anyway, these lads have given a lot. They should have won more than 2 All-Irelands but for injuries and far more tragic circumstances but you could also argue that they did well even to get the 2 given what happened. And who knows they might not be finished just yet.....

Best post on the subject yet.

Tyrone Dreamer

Thats true abut 2005 - it was all doom in gloom at the start of that championship with talk of serious rows in the panel. If I remember correctly there wasnt much more talk of the rows after a certain fringe player opted out of the squad. January isnt a bad month to have all this negative talk, Id be more worried if it was the middle of the summer. If it is true about O'Neill and Harte falling out its a sad state of affairs that Tyrone are going to lose their biggest scoring threat and potentially destroy any chance of winning an all ireland due to a falling out between 2 supposedly reasonable men.

Zapatista

If he wants to walk then let him walk. Same goes for Harte and everyone else. We have been talking for months about how this is voluntary and anyone who doesn't want to do it can leave. Lets practice what we preach and let O'Neill do whatever he wants. If there is a problem then it should be addressed but all this "potentially destroy any chance of winning an all ireland" talk is BS as no one is irreplaceable.

Tyrone Dreamer

Have to disagree Zapatista.  Someone like Stephen O'Neill could be irreplaceable in the short term for Tyrone. On his day he is one of the very top forwards in Ireland and there isnt to many of them knocking about and certainly not in Tyrone at the minute. O'Neill has played little this last couple of years with injury and no one has stood up in the forward line and scored regularly from play. O'Neill on form regularly would score 1-3 plus from play and so far there is no signs of anyone else doing this. Few if any teams have ever one an all ireland without a real top class scoring forward. Some people might point to Mugsy but he just doesnt do it consistently enough.