Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

He should stay away from Fury, a dangerous menace who could quite easily beat him.

I'd say AJ will fight 2 dummies and then Wilder next Summer. If he fights Klitchsko again I think he wins too, bound to have learnt so much from 2nite & Vlad's improving years are long gone.

Joshua is definitely not the finished article but looking at the division he could be a unified champ for a looooong time.

nrico2006

Joshua will reign for years. Only fighters out there who could give him a fight are Wilder, Ortiz and two Furys. Doubts over the futures of the Furys, Ortiz is old and Wilder can bang q bit but you would fancy Joshua to knock him out.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bridgegael

This fight only confirms that Fury would beat Joshua. Fury schooled klitschko in his own backyard. The amount of disservice shown to that victory is pathetic. Yes fair play to Joshua for getting back up, but his aura is gone.   Wilder is licking his lips and rightly so!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

screenexile

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 30, 2017, 01:18:19 AM
Joshua will reign for years. Only fighters out there who could give him a fight are Wilder, Ortiz and two Furys. Doubts over the futures of the Furys, Ortiz is old and Wilder can bang q bit but you would fancy Joshua to knock him out.

+1

Lads lets be honest Fury gave Wlad something nobody had ever seen before and he couldn't cope. Given his troubles is this going to happen again? No chance!

Fury will get himself in shape in the next 2/3 years but the hunger isn't there he won't be the same as he was. Truth is nobody in the division can touch AJ for the next 3-5 years and he will close the division for the foreseeable future.

Hugely enjoyable fight tonight though!

Milltown Row2

AJ was out on his feet in round 5 after a flurry of punches, he wasn't hit during that period and then stopped... would be worrying for his camp that he wasted so much energy and was drained, which left him open... but fair fecks to him, huge learning curve that he just about got over, he was behind on points before the knock down in the 11th
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bennydorano

I've rewatched from the 11th on round a few times since & some point the commentators said Joshua was ahead 2-1 on the judges' scorecards, not sure if this was the unofficial ringside scores (Showtime's, Sky's & German TV's) as they were referring to these during the fight  or if they were the real judges' cards. I was a bit surprised myself tbh - unless I picked it up wrong.

Syferus

Quote from: bridgegael on April 30, 2017, 01:53:37 AM
This fight only confirms that Fury would beat Joshua. Fury schooled klitschko in his own backyard. The amount of disservice shown to that victory is pathetic. Yes fair play to Joshua for getting back up, but his aura is gone.   Wilder is licking his lips and rightly so!

Has anyone here actually seen Wilder? He's woeful.

gallsman

Showtime showed the scorecards - two of them had AJ up. One scored the 5th 10-8 and the other a 10-9 after Wlad came back in it.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on April 30, 2017, 11:51:56 AM
Quote from: bridgegael on April 30, 2017, 01:53:37 AM

Has anyone here actually seen Wilder? He's woeful.

He's done what he's needed to do and knocked all bar one out. If he hits Joshua, he definitely won't let him off the hook like Wlad and Whyte. It's silly to say he's woeful, yes he is wreckless looking at times but anyone carrying a punch like his is a huge threat, especially to someone who is as easy to hit as Joshua.
That was never a square ball!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on April 30, 2017, 11:51:16 AM
I've rewatched from the 11th on round a few times since & some point the commentators said Joshua was ahead 2-1 on the judges' scorecards, not sure if this was the unofficial ringside scores (Showtime's, Sky's & German TV's) as they were referring to these during the fight  or if they were the real judges' cards. I was a bit surprised myself tbh - unless I picked it up wrong.

The bookies had him 2/1 and Klit 1/3 at the 11th round, they usually are a good judge (no pun)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

I don't think he is that good at the minute. The standard of the HW division is shite though so he will probably be on top for a while. Big questions over his endurance though. A younger Klitschko wouldn't have let him off the hook after the knock down. Fair played to him, he is now a global superstar and is going to start making mega bucks. As someone said last night, the fight game is the one mainstream sport that they truly deserve their paycheque!

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 30, 2017, 12:07:23 PM

The bookies had him 2/1 and Klit 1/3 at the 11th round, they usually are a good judge (no pun)

Judges had joshua ahead tho (2-1) and theyre maybe a bit more important when judging who wins the fight. Imo

laoislad

So what did Klitschko have on that usb stick?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 30, 2017, 12:32:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 30, 2017, 12:07:23 PM

Judges had joshua ahead tho (2-1) and theyre maybe a bit more important when judging who wins the fight. Imo

That may be true but you'd fancy a 1/3 over a 2/1 surely??

I'd a fiver on Wlad to win on points and up to that point the cash out was 5/2 ... anyways it was up to that point for me very even. Do you get to see what the actual judges scorecards were at that point?

imtommygunn

That picture is real. Any normal person could have ended up decapitated!!