Stephen Nolan's £500k BBC Salary last year!

Started by T Fearon, July 19, 2017, 12:12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelg

Quote from: Minder on July 19, 2017, 09:21:54 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 19, 2017, 09:10:35 PM
It was reported he was getting 1.5m when he came back after his management stint. Thierry Henry is on 4m.

Lineker gets paid by BT as well for their CL coverage

Think Lineker works for one of the US channels too
Charlie from Casualty is also, somehow, on 400 grand.

Minder

Quote from: michaelg on July 19, 2017, 09:44:43 PM
It was reported he was getting 1.5m when he came back after his management stint. Thierry Henry is on 4m.

Yeah no wonder he never left, £400k a year for grimacing 
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Aaron Boone

Quote from: michaelg on July 19, 2017, 09:44:43 PM

At last someone in the health service getting a decent wage.

ONeill

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 19, 2017, 03:44:35 PM
I listen to him on Five Live at the weekends. Helps me wind down.

Does he over-emphasize his accent?

Do all ye Nordie bize say poines when saying pounds?

That wound me up one time. Was at an Arsenal match in the Highbury days and this American lad and his wife sat beside me. At the end the Yank lad said to me that I'd the fakest Irish accent he'd ever heard.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 19, 2017, 12:26:20 PM
An over-inflated ego who thinks everyone is interested in his point of view.

Nolan isn't much better either.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 19, 2017, 07:29:53 PM
I think the bbc should have to privatise and make their own way like Itv; SKY etc; i pay tv license but dont watch BBC so whu should ihave tp pay sthing i dont and dont want to watch?

I happen to think public broadcasting is a good deal. It has a remit to educate and inform, which is important in a democracy but the private sector isn't always as good at. In fact the private sector can make good money with misinformation, evidenced by Fox News and certain bits of Fleet Street. It's good to have a bit of quality content out there that's well funded.

I spend quite a bit of time working with Radio 4 podcasts playing on the headphones, that's a treasure trove of interesting stuff. People like to gripe about the BBC but they don't know how good they have it. Try watching a bit of American public TV which is woefully underfunded and you'll see why it's important. American National Public Radio kicks out a lot of good stuff though, but then you don't need as big a budget for that.

stew

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 19, 2017, 09:43:58 PM
Walkers crisps would pay him a pound or two as well.

I get it, he has a weight problem, yuk yuk!

You are how old????
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

johnneycool

Quote from: stew on July 20, 2017, 08:43:50 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 19, 2017, 09:43:58 PM
Walkers crisps would pay him a pound or two as well.

I get it, he has a weight problem, yuk yuk!

You are how old????

f**k, if Lineker has a weight problem, 99% of the population are morbidly obese.

stew

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 20, 2017, 12:59:24 AM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 19, 2017, 07:29:53 PM
I think the bbc should have to privatise and make their own way like Itv; SKY etc; i pay tv license but dont watch BBC so whu should ihave tp pay sthing i dont and dont want to watch?

I happen to think public broadcasting is a good deal. It has a remit to educate and inform, which is important in a democracy but the private sector isn't always as good at. In fact the private sector can make good money with misinformation, evidenced by Fox News and certain bits of Fleet Street. It's good to have a bit of quality content out there that's well funded.

MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, The NY Times etc are bigger spoofers than FOX will ever be, to pick out Fox speaks volumes, your liberal media is full of sit, liars to their core but hey, this does not suit my narrative so lets pick out fox, yeah, big bad for will do because they are the only conservative mainstream TV outlet there!

I spend quite a bit of time working with Radio 4 podcasts playing on the headphones, that's a treasure trove of interesting stuff. People like to gripe about the BBC but they don't know how good they have it. Try watching a bit of American public TV which is woefully underfunded and you'll see why it's important. American National Public Radio kicks out a lot of good stuff though, but then you don't need as big a budget for that.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

general_lee

Stew are you the most right wing eejit on here!?

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

JPGJOHNNYG

Nolan is worth it like him or loathe him he still gets the ratings and in fairness he actually works hard as he has a number of shows on the go. On the other hand why the fook would you pay claudia half a million bland beyond belief and completely replaceable by just about anyone and you could pay them 50000. Shearer is also shocking just paying for the name they would be better getting more guys like kilbane better and way cheaper

theskull1

I'm with Dennis Bradleys opinion about Nolan. This place needs a different type of dialogue to drag people beyond the themuns and usuns positions many hold on to.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

T Fearon

I see people on the "mainland" generally unaware of him despite his Radio 5 show are asking if he's related to the Nolan Sisters? 😂😂😂😂

punt kick

Quote from: T Fearon on July 20, 2017, 12:54:14 PM
I see people on the "mainland" generally unaware of him despite his Radio 5 show are asking if he's related to the Nolan Sisters? 😂😂😂😂

Where's this place?