Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoChara

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 30, 2017, 08:26:23 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on April 30, 2017, 08:09:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 30, 2017, 07:49:39 PM
Good win for Rossa over Cushendall

With the wedding/Christy Ring yesterday is it really a big win?

One player??

I would say most of the team wouldn't have been legally fit to drive themselves to the match would have been more of a problem

Milltown Row2

Quote from: MoChara on April 30, 2017, 09:12:16 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 30, 2017, 08:26:23 PM
Quote from: hurlingstick on April 30, 2017, 08:09:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 30, 2017, 07:49:39 PM
Good win for Rossa over Cushendall

With the wedding/Christy Ring yesterday is it really a big win?

One player??

I would say most of the team wouldn't have been legally fit to drive themselves to the match would have been more of a problem

Are we using alcohol as an excuse?? Lol was very rarely legal most Sundays for matches !
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

christ the whole team was out all day before that at a wedding, i would say they could of been anywhere else other than that match.

It was an expected result and one that didn't raise many eyebrows i would say.

Our game with Ballygalget was decent enough. we were missing Woody, Kevin McKeague & shorty along with all of the U21 hurlers who sat the reserve and senior game out only to be told on monday during the day that Glenariffe wouldnt be fielding. So it was a complete waste of time for all these young lads.

Add to that they had a minor football match Sunday afternoon and their management left a few of them out to keep them fresh for Monday night.

Good entertaining game with ourselves and Ballygalget tho the wind did hamper the game to a degree. Thought that we looked comfortable though Ballygalget did stick at it and made it a tough game towards the end of it.
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

This happened Glenariffe at minor (last year was it??). When you've a small panel ... all you need is to be let down by 2 or 3 last minute and you're scoobed.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

paddyjohn

Glenarriffe have 5/6 Glenravel lads playing for them at minor & Un21.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on May 02, 2017, 09:41:56 AM
This happened Glenariffe at minor (last year was it??). When you've a small panel ... all you need is to be let down by 2 or 3 last minute and you're scoobed.

Better still they (Glenariffe) didnt inform the CCC and the ref , made the journey to Dunloy only to be told that Glenarriffe contacted them at 5pm with various reasons as to not show up, did they not know on Sunday?

These things happen, small panels as such, they dispatched us handy enough last time out so you'd assume they'd be up for it, Rossa beat by the johnnies was a shock, Dunloy will be strong favs now I'd say backboned by the 2 winning minor teams
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 02, 2017, 10:02:18 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on May 02, 2017, 09:41:56 AM

Better still they (Glenariffe) didnt inform the CCC and the ref , made the journey to Dunloy only to be told that Glenarriffe contacted them at 5pm with various reasons as to not show up, did they not know on Sunday?

These things happen, small panels as such, they dispatched us handy enough last time out so you'd assume they'd be up for it, Rossa beat by the johnnies was a shock, Dunloy will be strong favs now I'd say backboned by the 2 winning minor teams

Horrible thing to happen to any refs or teams. Dunloy ain't on the doorstep either.

Megaman

yep, as Skull said happened in Minor C'ship last year and now U21 this year.

Teams who do this in C'ship should be punished.

johnneycool

Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 02, 2017, 09:05:54 AM
christ the whole team was out all day before that at a wedding, i would say they could of been anywhere else other than that match.

Our game with Ballygalget was decent enough. we were missing Woody, Kevin McKeague & shorty along with all of the U21 hurlers who sat the reserve and senior game out only to be told on monday during the day that Glenariffe wouldnt be fielding. So it was a complete waste of time for all these young lads.

Add to that they had a minor football match Sunday afternoon and their management left a few of them out to keep them fresh for Monday night.

Good entertaining game with ourselves and Ballygalget tho the wind did hamper the game to a degree. Thought that we looked comfortable though Ballygalget did stick at it and made it a tough game towards the end of it.

We're missing a few ourselves and a few out the previous day with Down hurlers, but a young enough team of our own finding out where they need to get to in the coming months so we're not overly despondent.

Mourne man

Anyone know why sarsfields have not played any league matches yet?

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: johnneycool on May 02, 2017, 11:17:50 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on May 02, 2017, 09:05:54 AM

We're missing a few ourselves and a few out the previous day with Down hurlers, but a young enough team of our own finding out where they need to get to in the coming months so we're not overly despondent.

Yeah it looked a young enough team that you had out. some handy hurlers as well. who was the no 12, he wore a read helmet. he seemed to get on the ball alot in the first half and was causing us a fair few problems.

As you say it doesnt help that so many were playing for Down the day before.
hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

Quote from: Megaman on May 02, 2017, 11:15:30 AM

I'm sure they'll get the standard fine for failing to field, but I'd have a bit of sympathy for clubs who are trying their level best to get a team on the field and fail to do so due to inconsiderate players letting their team mates down at the last minute (I'm assuming that's what happened). The fall out from that is tough enough to deal without getting hammered any heavier punishment wise.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Quote from: theskull1 on May 02, 2017, 12:17:45 PM

I'm sure they'll get the standard fine for failing to field, but I'd have a bit of sympathy for clubs who are trying their level best to get a team on the field and fail to do so due to inconsiderate players letting their team mates down at the last minute (I'm assuming that's what happened). The fall out from that is tough enough to deal without getting hammered any heavier punishment wise.

They fielded against us last week, they have minors also i presume? and have also a senior team with a mix of players that would be minor and up that played at the weekend, could be injuries players away and the bank holidays! £300 quid fine?

NAG1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 02, 2017, 12:21:40 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on May 02, 2017, 12:17:45 PM

They fielded against us last week, they have minors also i presume? and have also a senior team with a mix of players that would be minor and up that played at the weekend, could be injuries players away and the bank holidays! £300 quid fine?

That IMO is not a reason for not fielding, these dates have been in the calendar and if that was the case I would be surprised.

Stillwater2

Quote from: Mourne man on May 02, 2017, 11:41:03 AM
Anyone know why sarsfields have not played any league matches yet?

County called game off last week due to County players and this weekend game been refixed, had a club fundraising weekend.