glastonbury

Started by bcarrier, June 27, 2009, 12:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownFanatic

I've seen them live four times but that was something special tonight.

shark

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 25, 2017, 12:20:04 AM
Watching Liam Gallagher on Red Button. Class.

He seems to have got his voice back. When Oasis played there in 2004 he was pathetic, just snarled through the whole set. I was pleasantly surprised. Must be off the booze & fags.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: shark on June 25, 2017, 12:35:31 AM
Quote from: mrdeeds on June 25, 2017, 12:20:04 AM
Watching Liam Gallagher on Red Button. Class.

He seems to have got his voice back. When Oasis played there in 2004 he was pathetic, just snarled through the whole set. I was pleasantly surprised. Must be off the booze & fags.
Interview with him in The Times today. On a fitness kick and runs etc.

Windmill abu

Foo Fighters were excellent. I'm glad the finished with Everlong. My personal favourite.
So much better than the depressing Radiohead last night.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Nile Rodgers, you genius.
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

SHEEDY

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on June 25, 2017, 06:21:46 PM
Nile Rodgers, you genius.
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 25, 2017, 06:20:52 PM
Barry Gibb!!
both bringing out all the old disco classics. Great stuff.
nil satis nisi optimum

screenexile

Really not getting Ed Sheeran as a Glastonbury headliner his music is just too bland and generic!!

mrdeeds

Quote from: screenexile on June 25, 2017, 10:44:07 PM
Really not getting Ed Sheeran as a Glastonbury headliner his music is just too bland and generic!!

The fact that it's acapella is wrong too.

SHEEDY

Wouldn't be a fan but with just a guitar for company ed sheeran puts on a good show. Think i would rather have a 'rock' band close Glastonbury though.
nil satis nisi optimum

screenexile

Quote from: SHEEDY on June 25, 2017, 11:15:09 PM
Wouldn't be a fan but with just a guitar for company ed sheeran puts on a good show. Think i would rather have a 'rock' band close Glastonbury though.

Yeah I think just him and his guitar is lacking something for headlining a festival.

Generally all the big bands have a huge sound which is missing from him performing with just an acoustic guitar it's all a bit bland. He needs some help up there for that size of a gig!

As someone on twitter said "If I had a 16-yr-old daughter I'd be pretty relieved if she liked Ed Sheeran. A reassuring sign she'd get good A-levels and go to Exeter Uni"

Milltown Row2

Ed was brill, great finish.. seems to be a marmite approach to Ed for some reason, amazing song writer and singer
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: screenexile on June 25, 2017, 11:35:16 PM

Yeah I think just him and his guitar is lacking something for headlining a festival.

Generally all the big bands have a huge sound which is missing from him performing with just an acoustic guitar it's all a bit bland. He needs some help up there for that size of a gig!

As someone on twitter said "If I had a 16-yr-old daughter I'd be pretty relieved if she liked Ed Sheeran. A reassuring sign she'd get good A-levels and go to Exeter Uni"
Agree entirely. He's good at what he does but definitely lacking as a headliner on the main stage.

ONeill

Sheeran has more talent in his smallest toe than anyone else at that festival.

The thing about those types of festivals is a pretentiousness surrounding big sound bands who curse and scream a lot.

Mick Foster should close it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 26, 2017, 12:05:34 AM
Quote from: screenexile on June 25, 2017, 11:35:16 PM

Agree entirely. He's good at what he does but definitely lacking as a headliner on the main stage.

Good? Hmmm