Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Applesisapples

This is an opinion thread/board, people change opinions and views as they change their minds on things. Generally it is a place where people vent frustrations on politics, sport etc... Some people should bear this in mind. It is not a place of in depth discussion and will not change the world or the view of Celtic's board for that matter. I fell for those who take it so seriously that they trawl through years of posts for so called hypocrisy or contradictions. I for one don't give a fcuk what you said last week, let alone 4 years ago. For me it's in the moment. If you don't like that then tough. I am not on here to save the planet or stop world hunger, its a distraction from the stress of life, job and and the world. If you can't accept these terms then block me, ignore me or whatever the option is.

Orior

Recently I only come on to this thread to hear that Lennon has been sacked, and I'm continually disappointed.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

illdecide

Quote from: Orior on December 02, 2020, 04:45:22 PM
Recently I only come on to this thread to hear that Lennon has been sacked, and I'm continually disappointed.

When u hear and see people saying "Lennon" you think nothing of it and I do it too but if u met him would u say "Well Lennon, what's the craic?". I seen two young girls running over to Henrik Larsson one day outside Celtic Pk shouting "Larsson, Larsson" and he turned around to them and said "my name is Henrik"
We do it in the GAA too...lol. Even nicknames get mentioned in commentary
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

general_lee

Can't take credit for this one !! But it's hit a spot with me personally 🍀💚👏 hail hail

Bit of perspective needed here, and – with the greatest respect – f**k anyone who claims I'm trying to sugar-coat anything.

Some of us are old enough to vividly remember 7 May 1997 – more than 23 years ago – when the Huns beat Dundee United 1-0 to win their ninth league in a row.

We remember how sickening and f**king devastating it was to watch Richard Gough lift the cup, knowing we'd been through nearly a decade of misery and still didn't have anything to show for it despite the best efforts of Cadete, van Hooijdonk and Di Canio. Tommy Burns had resigned a few days earlier, and it looked like the 10 was now going to be a foregone conclusion too.

Imagine if someone from the future pulled you to the side and said: "Hey, don't worry about it, we stop the 10."

"Really?" you'd ask. "That's brilliant!"

"Aye, but that's not the half of it. It'll be back and forth for the next decade or so, but you'll get to see one of the best players ever to put on a Celtic jersey, and we'll make another European final too."

"f**k sake. Do we win it?"

"Um, that's not important. Anyway, it gets even better than that. We win 9-in-a-row. Again."

"What?! We do it twice?"

"Aye, and the Huns go bust in the process and have to form a completely new club."

"But wouldn't they moan about it and say that it didn't count because they weren't in the league?"

"Of course they did. But when they finally made it back up to the top and there were no excuses, we went an entire season undefeated. Then we won the treble. Then did it again. And again. All while they were there watching. And possibly a fourth time too."

"Possibly? Why, what happened?"

"Don't worry about it just now, but maybe buy shares in face mask and toilet roll companies. The point is, we won every cup going for years, and ended up making a fortune in the process, selling players for 10, 11, 12, 19, even 25 million. At one point we went 69 domestic games without losing."

"Fuuuuuucking hell man. So what happened the season after you won 9-in-a-row again?"

"We went potentially 5 points behind and lost our first cup game in 35, and a massive mob of fans stormed the stadium, broke down the barriers and yelled abuse at the team's cars."

------

The point of that needlessly long sketch comes down to the E word again: entitled. I know there have been a few smart-arses coming on here going "ArE wE sTiLL EnTiTLeD nOw" every time we lose a game but frankly, if you want the manager out and the reason is because "we're Celtic and we shouldn't be losing games" then yes, you are.

Am I happy with the way the team's playing just now? Of course not, nobody is. Do I think Lennon's done? It's certainly looking that way: it's going to take a pretty miraculous recovery to turn this form around. But that doesn't give people carte blanche to be utter f**king holes about it, posting abusive shite on Twitter, standing with cringey banners outside the stadium and pulling the shit those f**king morons pulled tonight.

(Oh, and if you want to get rid of Lennon, I don't think trying to drive him out by acting like that is the best way of doing it. The guy was sent a bullet in the post and stayed in the job, I don't think a bunch of wankers going "booooo" is going to do it. Even more annoying, if he does walk now, they'll think it was because of them, as if they should be proud of trying to basically intimidate someone  who previously received death threats and continued to stay with us despite that.)

The reason Lennon's time may be up is because we aren't happy with the way the team's playing and it's looking more difficult to see where the next big positive result is going to come from. The reason Lennon's time may be up ISN'T because "we're Celtic, so therefore we're supposed to win everything".

Guess what - we were going to get knocked out of a cup eventually. We were going to get outplayed by the Huns at home eventually. And yes, one day we're even going to lose the league eventually. Obviously none of us want it to be THIS season of all seasons, but when the time finally comes, whenever it comes, it's perfectly normal to be disappointed – maybe even angry – at how we played. But it's not normal to be raging that we didn't win it because we're Celtic and we shouldn't be losing leagues.

Aye we should. We've lost it 80 times in our history. It happens. Some of us remember when it happened nine times in a row. And when the wankers across the city go just over FIFTY MILLION in debt over the course of the last four seasons (according to last week's financial report), bringing in countless players to see who sticks and never selling anyone of note, they were going to catch up eventually anyway. They might end up winning the thing, but at (literally) what cost?

I desperately hope we win the league this season. At this moment it's looking tricky. Not impossible, but tricky. And if we do manage it, whether that's with Neil Lennon at the helm or someone who's replaced him, and if we do manage to get the 10, it'll be because we earned it: not because we were entitled to it.

By all means show your displeasure, your dismay, even your disgust at the way the team's playing just now. But keep the f**king heids, and stop acting like Huns. 🍀

bennydorano

3.2 down but have been playing pretty well, at the very least they're trying, a good sign for NL's prospects I suppose - not that that will please too many.

Angelo

How bad is Elhamed?

We've conceded the most goals in the EL.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Targetman

The defending is brutal, another 4 conceded

general_lee

Quote from: bennydorano on December 03, 2020, 07:32:13 PM
3.2 down but have been playing pretty well, at the very least they're trying, a good sign for NL's prospects I suppose - not that that will please too many.
Hopefully not - I think it was as much a case of Milan complacency. Heads just dropped as soon as the free went in. Wtf was Barkas at? Shite. Lennon out

illdecide

C Sutton made a valid point there when he said "have you seen Barkas make a save this season"?. I'd say if we can get Frazer Forster in at Christmas it'll give the defence a bit of a boost. El Hammed is brutal and is so easy to go past

illdecide

Quote from: Targetman on December 03, 2020, 07:40:32 PM
The defending is brutal, another 4 conceded

It's soo bad, Stubbs just was saying there Celtic are going to have to score 4 a game to have a chance of winning.

illdecide

Frimpong is decent going forward but his defending his very poor

marty34

It's getting worse under Lennon.

He can't even get the team to shut up shop and have a clean sheet.

He needs to go.

bennydorano

Quote from: marty34 on December 03, 2020, 08:10:02 PM

He needs to go.
That seems like a pointless jab, if ever there was a night for giving it a lash and trying to get a confidence boosting win it was tonight, they did give it a lash, it didn't work out.

straightred

Quote from: bennydorano on December 03, 2020, 08:54:34 PM
Quote from: marty34 on December 03, 2020, 08:10:02 PM

He needs to go.
That seems like a pointless jab, if ever there was a night for giving it a lash and trying to get a confidence boosting win it was tonight, they did give it a lash, it didn't work out.
Nothing pointless about it. Lennon is a busted flush and 95% of Celtic fans know it. Take a look around all the fans forums. Anger is being replaced by apathy. I didn't watch it. I won't watch them again while he's the manager. I hated the appointment in the first place but I put that to one side and decided to give him a chance. He's a terrible manager. There's no other way to describe it. I'm already resigned to losing the league this season because the board won't sack him and he won't go. While he's there we simply can't win the league.

JimStynes

Another good win for Rangers. Beating decent enough sides in Europe! Stevie G has done some job with them to be fair to him.