?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Angelo

Quote from: paddyjohn on November 29, 2020, 08:13:36 PM
It was ok in the 90s to overthrow the board and have protests week in and week out? So far in this calendar year I've spent over £1k of very hard earned money to watch Celtic, fans have every right to go and protest. The board is full of tossers and Lennon has let himself down a bagful by shite talking through interviews. The club has been set back years by this season already. 

If I was in Glasgow, I'd be protesting to.

Exactly.

Some of the children here need to cop themselves on and live in reality. Why should Lennon get a pass on what Mowbray, Deila, Barnes and any other manager at Celtic had to go through? This is football and Celtic is a big club, Lennon was blessed to play and blessed to manage it and he wasn't up to the job. He's let himself down over the past few months and has only himself to blame. Neil Lennon looks after Neil Lennon, he has insulted the intelligence of the fans recently.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

bennydorano

Nobody anywhere has said Lennon should get a pass, I don't see anyone calling for his retention either, i think everyone thinks his time is up.  I've also referring to the messing outside Parkhead this evening, some people seem to want to see him lynched ffs - that is a disgrace.

illdecide

All i can say is  if you condone this behaviour and think gathering in a pandemic, wrecking fences, almost causing a riot and chanting "Get to F**k" It says more about you as a person and you would not have been out of place there this evening...Good luck to you. I bet you're the type to be in the Irish bars abroad when Celtic played in Europe pissed outta your head singing rebel songs ready to free Ireland.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Quote from: bennydorano on November 29, 2020, 08:43:32 PM
Nobody anywhere has said Lennon should get a pass, I don't see anyone calling for his retention either, i think everyone thinks his time is up.  I've also referring to the messing outside Parkhead this evening, some people seem to want to see him lynched ffs - that is a disgrace.

100%
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

clarshack

A lot of Celtic fans feel like they've been taken for a ride, hence the angry scenes. What are they supposed to do? Just sit at home and say nothing?

Angelo

Quote from: bennydorano on November 29, 2020, 08:43:32 PM

It shouldn't have had to happen.

He should have walked after the Ferncvaros game. He got it wrong that night, badly. What did he do? He came out and threw his players under the bus when he started without a striker while two sat on the bench. And every f**k up since has been further insults of the fans, he has taken them for mugs, cast blame everywhere else. He has made a shambles out of this team, the writing has been on the wall for so long. Players were automatic picks that have not been performing, the results have been papering over the substandard performances for a long time and your luck eventually runs out.

A few of us here could see this happening from a long away off, others fell under the misapprehension that Lennon was a good manager doing a good job but the performances have been rotten for about 12 months, particularly in the crunch games.

Angelo

Quote from: clarshack on November 29, 2020, 08:48:09 PM
A lot of Celtic fans feel like they've been taken for a ride, hence the angry scenes. What are they supposed to do? Just sit at home and say nothing?

They should say nice things about Neil Lennon, put their anger aside and have sympathy for him.

JimStynes

If he walks away does he lose out on a pay day? Does he need to be sacked to get a pay out?

LCohen

I have little interest in Scottish football but would be interested in what level Scottish football and Celtic are at or think they are at in terms of attracting a manager?

Have heard Howe mentioned but he isn't a man to be trusted with a budget.

Otherwise are Celtic in a position to tempt a currently serving manager?

Can't see Lennon working in the top 2 tiers in England

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on November 29, 2020, 08:51:38 PM
If he walks away does he lose out on a pay day? Does he need to be sacked to get a pay out?

Probably.

Think Celtic managers have generally operated on a rolling contract in recent times (since MON arrived AFAIK) anyway so the payoff would only really be 6 months salary.

Edit: though I think Rodgers was on a long term deal.

Main Street

Quote from: LCohen on November 29, 2020, 08:52:50 PM
I have little interest in Scottish football but would be interested in what level Scottish football and Celtic are at or think they are at in terms of attracting a manager?

What budget?  That should be no problem at Celtic.

LCohen

Quote from: JimStynes on November 29, 2020, 08:51:38 PM
thats normally the way.

A rare few do the honourable thing eg Strachan at Middlesbrough

LCohen

Quote from: Main Street on November 29, 2020, 08:54:23 PM
Quote from: LCohen on November 29, 2020, 08:52:50 PM

What budget?  That should be no problem at Celtic.

Surely Celtic have a larger budget that their competitors?

JimStynes

Quote from: JimStynes on August 09, 2020, 08:30:58 PM
Yes he's paid far too much but he's on 3.5million not 35 million. It's not exactly the whole transfer fund. I've the usual glass half empty view when it comes to Celtic. Rangers with a bit of momentum could very quickly mount a challenge and end up winning the league handy enough. I just don't trust Celtic under Lenny, he's liable to fall out with half the team by Christmas. And the board don't help with the lack of transfer activity. Why can Dermot Desmond not step in and bring in a few quality players for a season? He did it with Robbie Keane back in the day.

I wasn't too far away.

bennydorano

Quote from: Angelo on November 29, 2020, 08:49:28 PM
Quote from: clarshack on November 29, 2020, 08:48:09 PM

They should say nice things about Neil Lennon, put their anger aside and have sympathy for him.
Don't get what you want = go act the sc**bag?? Very loyalist & Rangersey of you ::)