Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 16, 2018, 01:11:30 AM
Meyler saying he ll be fit for the final.

That'll be some boost. Where'd you hear that?

Jim Bob

trailer

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 15, 2018, 06:48:02 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 15, 2018, 06:15:35 PM
Quote from: shawshank on August 15, 2018, 02:24:29 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on August 15, 2018, 10:47:42 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 15, 2018, 09:46:25 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 15, 2018, 09:39:06 AM
Dublin's biggest weakness (yes...i know) is a weakness under a high ball onto their full back line - would there be a chance that Tyrone throw Colm Cavanagh up there for periods of the final? It's a potential way through - you lose what he does anchoring the defence but against Dublin in the Super 8 game he was largely rendered irrelevant as Dublin wouldn't actually go through the middle, instead slip down the sides, i.e. Rock pretty much playing out at the corner of goalline/end line.

Would Harte give this a go? I think it's a no go, but a big man in front of Cluxton tends to get him to do strange things like the Comer goal last Saturday - maybe a pity Tyrone don't have a 'big' natural forward.

If he wasn't in there holding the middle they'd probably go straight through it. Though maybe anyone in there would be enough to make them avoid it. Either way Colm Cavanagh is such a key part of the defensive set up I don't think he could risk moving him at this stage. We have seen less ball kicked in there as the season has went on and R Donnelly role as ball winner has become less effective. I think I'd start McAliskey and Harte up front with Bradley playing of them. Lee Brennan to come on with 20 minutes to go.

I was thinking this the other day. For certain periods of the game, say 7 min spells I would def put Colm in the full forward line. Start McAliskey and Bradley up front, bring Colm up for periods and pump quality high ball in. With Colm and McAliskey hopefully winning the ball a quick player like Bradley would be through on goal. Cooper and Phily are prone to fouling players but seem to get away with it. This would cause them a nightmare.

Bring brennan on for the 2nd half. I dont think hes fit enough due to a lack of game time this year to start.

The only other radical surprise would be to bring back Sean Cav and put him in full forward. Doubt this would happen though due to the comments he has made but remember in 08 mickey brought back Stephen O'Neill just for the final that year.

How can someone be so stupid to actually think that and then commit it to a forum for the world to see  :o :o :o

That was a bit harsh lol. I said it was radical. I do think they are going to have to try something completely new to suprise the dubs. Seems the dubs have the measure of us so a curve ball wouldn't hurt their chances.

Put out the 95 team. That would shock them!

It would probably shock the 95 team as well!!

Throw in Joe Mallon at CB, Plunkett Donaghy MF and Damien O'Hagan FF. Real curve balls.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Jim Bob on August 16, 2018, 01:11:30 AM
Meyler saying he ll be fit for the final.

Great news, he caused no little problems for the Dubs in the League game in Omagh.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

RedHand88

Be interesting to see if he can get 70mins fit in two weeks.

omagh_gael

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 18, 2018, 08:19:23 AM

I can see him starting and changing him with McGeary on 45/50 minutes.

An Watcher

Is Meyler all that big a loss?  Always wanted him to get a run in the team but now that he is I'm not so sure.

LeoMc

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 18, 2018, 12:22:44 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on August 18, 2018, 08:19:23 AM

I can see him starting and changing him with McGeary on 45/50 minutes.
He was still on crutches today.

barelegs

Quote from: An Watcher on August 18, 2018, 01:40:06 PM
Is Meyler all that big a loss?  Always wanted him to get a run in the team but now that he is I'm not so sure.

I know he's lined out as a wing forward on paper but he's been given some big marking jobs this year on some of the oppositions stronger ball carriers out the field and done well on most of them. He'd be the man to mark Kilkenny on my team anyway. I just can't see him being making it in terms of the injury

Thebigdog

A little bit of reality needed. Tyrone have beaten Monaghan again in Croke park just like 2013 and 2015 only this time in a Semi final. We all know what happened after. The personnel hasn't changed much especially in attack. That's where the problems mainly lay. It's gonna be a tough ask in two weeks.

trileacman

Quote from: Thebigdog on August 19, 2018, 10:30:39 PM
A little bit of reality needed. Tyrone have beaten Monaghan again in Croke park just like 2013 and 2015 only this time in a Semi final. We all know what happened after. The personnel hasn't changed much especially in attack. That's where the problems mainly lay. It's gonna be a tough ask in two weeks.

I agree with you there. Hartes done a great job considering the players at his disposal.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Localexpert

Dire Ear

Thebigdog

Quote from: trileacman on August 20, 2018, 04:23:02 AM
Quote from: Thebigdog on August 19, 2018, 10:30:39 PM

I agree with you there. Hartes done a great job considering the players at his disposal.
Why do you think their are problems in attack? Mickey s poor tactics. The RTE boycott has been going on now since 2011 for no apparent reason other than Mickey didn't like getting ridiculed because his bestie didn't get a big job on the TV station. Looks like Harte comes first in Tyrone and f**k the players and their moment in the sun.