Premiership All Time Transfer Stats

Started by Dinny Breen, January 15, 2008, 11:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

QuoteEvidence, Arsenal rarely disclose fees but Wiki (I know I know) has it as £3m, even £7m is remarkable.....

Well if Arsenal never disclose fees...what's the point of this thread?? For the record soccerbase.com has it at 7mill.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 15, 2008, 08:20:15 PM
QuoteEvidence, Arsenal rarely disclose fees but Wiki (I know I know) has it as £3m, even £7m is remarkable.....

Well if Arsenal never disclose fees...what's the point of this thread?? For the record soccerbase.com has it at 7mill.

Mmmmm
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

imtommygunn

How much did Liverpool spend on Phil Babb? He's bound to be one of the worst signings.

Everton's signing of Cahill from Millwall is bound to be up there as one of the best signings too. £2 million.

I would put the signing of Luque to Newcastle possibly the biggest waste of money ever although looking through the list Veron didn't do much for 15 mill.

I know it's not premiership but the greatest value for money signing ever, whether you would be a celt or a ger you should agree, would be the great Henrik Larsson. Mind you Brian Laudrup would have been a good one for Rangers too.

Minder

Babb was about £3.5mill, him and John Scales came at the same time. Greatest all time signing for me has to be William Prunier & Kezman deserves a mention if he hasnt been already.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 15, 2008, 11:39:24 AM
These figures are net i.e. the totally money spent on buying players minus money received for selling players

Chelsea £342m
Liverpool £179m
Manure £160
Newcastle £142
Spurs £117m
Arsenal £57m

Terrible Value for Money

Lucas Liverpool £8m

Lucas a waste of money  ??? I think thats very harsh why would he be a waste of money? Hes a young player that has showed plenty of promise when he has come on as a sub

The worrying thing about the above stats is the amount of money Liverpool have spent and are still no nearer to winning the Premiership  :(
You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

One of Liverpool's best buys has been Sami Hyppia, under a million I think?

Minder

Quote from: corn02 on January 15, 2008, 10:21:37 PM
One of Liverpool's best buys has been Sami Hyppia, under a million I think?

Was thinking that earlier but he has been there a season or two too long now.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

I would expect Sami was thinking he would get a pitchside view of this season, injuries have thrown him back in the deep end, maybe a season too far. Apart from the derby he has been excellent though.

thewobbler

A lot of these figures have to be taken with a pinch of salt. Between undisclosed figures, clauses that never get fulfilled, signing on fees that are either included or ignored, there could be a fairly large swing in some of those numbers.

Anyway, Arsenal's excellent (comparative) balance surely owes as much to the sale of 3-4 key individuals (Anelka, Overmars, Henry & Cole ) at key times as any policy for buying youth. It'll be interesting to see if the move to the Emirates will affect this policy in coming years.

To add to this list above (as I haven't seen him mentioned yet) I'd say the signing of William Gallas, one of the most versatile and consistent defenders in the world, for relatively nothing was twice a brilliant bit of business.

J70

How much did Taibi cost?

Typically, he had his one and only decent game for United at Anfield the day Carragher scored the pair of o.g.s in a 3-2 loss! >:( :P

Dinny Breen

QuoteWell if Arsenal never disclose fees...what's the point of this thread?? For the record soccerbase.com has it at 7mill.

Eh who said never and it's only really become a recent phenomenon in the last 2/3 years. Anyhow, it's amazing how people get worked up over stats...and for the record these two following sites have it as 3m not including Wiki

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/6679813.stm

http://gunnerblog.com/?p=648

And lads time will tell on Nani and Lucas but at the moment they look like terrible value for money and maybe I was harsh on Lucas but there is no way in hell is Nani a Ronaldo never mind a Ryan Giggs..

Gallas has been tremendous for Arsenal but I liked Cole and hated to see him leave even though is my want he is now offically a greedy little sh*t....

#newbridgeornowhere

The Real Laoislad

I know it was on a free Transfer but what ever Liverpool paid on the phone calls and the paper and ink it took to sign Andriy Voronin it was way too much..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Norf Tyrone

QuoteEh who said never and it's only really become a recent phenomenon in the last 2/3 years. Anyhow, it's amazing how people get worked up over stats...and for the record these two following sites have it as 3m not including Wiki

Never/ rarely whatever. Read what you'd said quickly and misquoted...apologies!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

imtommygunn

Shevchenko Chelsea £30m
Parker Chelsea £10m
Veron Chelsea £15m
Mutu Chelsea £15m
Crespo Chelsea £17m
Sutton Chelsea £10m

You can say what you like about certain players being a waste of money but Chelsea quite simply wasted 97 million - more than most clubs would even be able to spend - on the above players.

There are other over inflated prices for other players like Ferreira, Mikel and Wright-Phillips but at least they're playing. The players I've listed have been useless.

Out of interest how much did Sidwell cost? It always struck me he'd be just like Scott Parker when he signed for them and sure enough that has panned out. He should go on loan in the transfer window if possible.

his holiness nb

Is Sergie Rebrov on that list? Ten million I think.
Ask me holy bollix