Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Uladh on January 18, 2008, 12:06:30 PM
Duncan Edwards, whatever about his talent, was one big MF.

He sure was a what age was he in the photo 19?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

Square Ball

that is a fantastic photo and a great tribute
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

118cmal

An okay performance yesterday.  looked good going forward but we were saved by some last ditch tackles at the back.  VDS looked dodgy, hopefully Foster fulfills his promise in time for next season.

Also quite wasteful up front, but i suppose the job was done.

How many do u guys think ronaldo can get this season?

I think around 35.  He's bound to hit a barren spell, but im enjoying it while it lasts!

FermPundit

I think United showed true championship form yesterday. They didn't play well but grinded out the 3 points. At this stage of the season thats what it's all about.

I'm not sure how many goals Ronaldo will get this season but to score 17 premier league goals in the middle of January is outstanding.

Van Der Sar has had a rush of blood and charged off his line on several occasions this season. I think Rio and Vidic are starting to have no confidence in him at all. Hopefully Foster can get back to full fitness this year and make the no1 jersey his own next season.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

FermPundit

Lads, a friend of mine is currently looking for a ticket to the Manchester derby on the 10th February. Him and myself, both one united members were unsuccessful in the ballot for ticket applications. Usually you can get a ticket on ticket exchange but tickets for this game are like gold dust owing to tribute to the Munich air crash. If anyone comes across a ticket or knows where I might get one, let me know. Cheers.

whyarerefssobad

looks like when foster gets fit he is going on loan
always look on the bright side

FermPundit

Quote from: whyarerefssobad on January 20, 2008, 04:21:41 PM
looks like when foster gets fit he is going on loan

I think he's suppose to be back fit by March. If this is the case a month or two of football on loan will do him the power of good. He showed when he was at Watford that he's a quality keeper. When fit he'll be a great asset to the United team.

nrico2006

QuoteI think he's suppose to be back fit by March. If this is the case a month or two of football on loan will do him the power of good. He showed when he was at Watford that he's a quality keeper. When fit he'll be a great asset to the United team.

Not overly sure on Foster.  Foster and Kuszczak share something in common - they have both conceded goals from opposing keepers kickouts.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

An Fear Rua

The club fucked up with the lyrics,it should be "bunch of bouncing  busby babes" new panels going in this week, and of course they just had to undo the good work by putting a f**king AIG sign on it too..
Its Grim up North

magpie seanie

Yeah, was not surprised with the f**k ups and bad taste. Plonking the AIG logo on it is disgusting in my eyes and messing up the words of the Calypso - well it defies belief. I think its wrong in another place but obviously not as glaring as the one AFR mentioned.

Gabriel_Hurl

What was the deal with your lot playing in Saudi Arabia today?

J70

Is that photo from the match they were returning from via Munich?

Square Ball

Quote from: An Fear Rua on January 18, 2008, 11:38:29 AM
The Calypso will be on the right of the picture

THE Busby Babes' final line-up before the Munich disaster has been given pride of place at Old Trafford.

As a tribute to the team torn apart so tragically 50 years ago, a huge picture of the XI lining up before the European Cup quarter-final 3-3 draw with Red Star Belgrade, 24 hours before the air crash, now graces the stadium.

The portrait, that includes victims Duncan Edwards, Eddie Colman, Mark Jones, Tommy Taylor and Roger Byrne, is spread across the glass frontage of Old Trafford above the statue of Sir Matt Busby.

It will inspire memories of an irreplacable set of players.

Quote from: J70 on January 21, 2008, 07:34:43 PM
Is that photo from the match they were returning from via Munich?

see AFRs post
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid