Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guillem2

Did many turn up? It's a terrible time of year to be holding a league final in hurling. Mind you it was probably a good work out for Dunloy.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Ruairi Og exile

Winker will need to calm down whenever he's playing at Mourneview Park. Heard he got a trial at Glenavon. Could be false though. Is he turning up for the county? Actually is anyone turning up?

Glensman

Hard to calculate how many showed up...from where I was stood I'd say about 200-300 but hard to know.
Crowd less that it would have been given the baltic conditions and the Man Utd v Liverpool games I'd say.

Agree about the work out. As long as no-one got injured (which was fortunate) it will have done Dunloy good. Would be rare enough for teams to be getting challenge matches at this time of year.

Firmly agree about the day that was in it - baltic.

girt_giggler

Quote from: Ruairi Og exile on December 17, 2007, 01:41:27 PM
Winker will need to calm down whenever he's playing at Mourneview Park. Heard he got a trial at Glenavon. Could be false though. Is he turning up for the county? Actually is anyone turning up?

Saw him play for Ballycastle Utd a couple of times in past few weeks, along with half of loughgiel as well. He was superb. Few Cushendall & Glenariffe players playing soccer for the 2 teams in Carnlough as well i see.

theskull1

Quote from: Glensman on December 17, 2007, 10:57:27 AM
Winker sent off (I would have bet my house on it if I had one). Two yellows, could have been about 7 but Ray Matthews ussed a bit of licence to give Loughgeil a chance. His licence was arguably within the spirit of what the game should have been and the game largely was but it could have seen someone get a leg broke.

How annoying is it for loughgiel supporters to have such a perickson (edited) as your talisman?  The man was interested in nothing else other than dirt. I'm all for hard tough play, but that was just dirt. If Ray was interested in spirt of the game then he shouldn't have let watson take the game to where he wanted to. I counted 6 ticks after his first yellow card. It was obvious that he thought he was going to get away with being loose. Bad refereeing to allow such malicious play to go on. We were lucky to have no one badly injured as a result of such leniancy.

Anyway...I enjoyed the game. Agree with Glensman about Paudie. He's came on great for us this year even though at times he has struggled. He'll get more consistent as he goes on. In fact the whole back line looked comfortable throughout. Thought Sunday showed the strength we have as a panel.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Shamrock

Think your being harsh on liam. Granted he deserved to be sent off in the end, but horse, and your centre back shud have went also for serious poor tackles/slaps on watson. Some of the knocks he has taken over the years, he at least is sticking up for himself....if some of our other lads were like that we wud be in a better position noW!!

Dunloy will need a few tough games in new year to get up to speed for birr. I would like to see them do it. Honestly it wud give hurling in the glens a lift and motivate the rest of us to try and make the breakthrough. Hooker & napper are staying on with us next year. Hopefully Cassidy will be with them, as i firmly believe he has an important part to play if we are going to make breakthrou

PlayWithTheWind

very quiet here, any news on the team?
hows training going? any new blood?
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

NAG

Heard the boys drew with Jordanstown in a friendly at the weekend was anyone there any idea of the teams played?

PlayWithTheWind

a draw with jordanstown  :-\
any games this weekend?

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on January 11, 2008, 03:35:33 PM
Awful slow going on the hurling front.

It is, Dunloy to play Birr in Clones on February 24th.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on January 11, 2008, 03:47:15 PM
Have Dunloy been playing many 'friendly' matches?
I'll hopefully make it to Clones.

Skull1 & Max could fill us in, Skull has been quiet since he was verbally sparring with Max a few weeks ago.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Whitehair

They play Down on Sunday according to todays Irish News.

theskull1

Quote from: Minder on January 11, 2008, 03:51:58 PM
Quote from: hardstation on January 11, 2008, 03:47:15 PM
Have Dunloy been playing many 'friendly' matches?
I'll hopefully make it to Clones.

Skull1 & Max could fill us in, Skull has been quiet since he was verbally sparring with Max a few weeks ago.

Kept looking over my shoulder for a bit of back up on that we spat and didn't get it....humph. Where were you Terry me old china when I needed you?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

PlayWithTheWind

from the couty website:

Antrim 4.17 Laois 1.20
Antrim hurlers fared much better in a challenge match with Laois played in Dublin. Played over 4 periods of 20 minutes, the management team will have been pleased to have had this run-our prior to next week's clash with All Ireland champions Kilkenny in the Walsh Cup. Without the Dunloy contingent and another few regulars missing through injury such as Michael Herron, both these counties are expected to struggle in this year's National League.  Next week's clash with the Cats will take place in Freshford and will give the Ulster champions another solid test as they prepare for a tough National league campaign.

Guillem2

There's a meeting tonight to agree on the hurling leagues for the coming season.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.