The OFFICIAL Liverpool Supporters thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: Minder on January 15, 2008, 09:53:11 PM
Was listening to the radio earlier and they were in and around Anfield asking locals did they back "Boss or board".....One cheeky chappie reckoned he backed the board and we needed a "local lad to do it, someone like John Aldridge".......The knowledgeable Kop indeed.

would that be the John Aldridge who was born and bred in Liverpool?

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/past_players/players/aldridge/

Minder

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on January 15, 2008, 10:08:03 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 15, 2008, 09:53:11 PM
Was listening to the radio earlier and they were in and around Anfield asking locals did they back "Boss or board".....One cheeky chappie reckoned he backed the board and we needed a "local lad to do it, someone like John Aldridge".......The knowledgeable Kop indeed.

would that be the John Aldridge who was born and bred in Liverpool?

The point i would be making is would you want John Aldridge as Liverpool manager?, sure maybe we should give Mike Newell a crack at it if being local is the only pre-requisite.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Real Laoislad

Poor enough display tonight despite the five goals
Given the chances we had it took way to long to score the first..
Torres looked out of sorts tonight

You'll Never Walk Alone.

corn02

I predicted 5-0 before the game, did not back it though. It was not a bad performance, what did we have 25 shots or so? Job done. Was always going to be two goals minimum. Can't take any real positives and certainly no negatives.

That will not be the strip, I could almost guarantee it.

Hicks talking to Klinsman may just have saved Rafa's job.

Minder

Quote from: corn02 on January 15, 2008, 10:16:40 PM
I predicted 5-0 before the game, did not back it though. It was not a bad performance, what did we have 25 shots or so? Job done. Was always going to be two goals minimum. Can't take any real positives and certainly no negatives.

Im not sure anything would save his job at this point.

corn02

Pretty certain winning the European Cup would. Hills go evens he will be manager on the last day, for me that is throwing money away.

Hicks and Gillets apparent Judas approach has turned alot of doubters back into the Pro Rafa chant, which was displayed at tonight's match.

Minder

Quote from: corn02 on January 15, 2008, 10:22:53 PM
Pretty certain winning the European Cup would. Hills go evens he will be manager on the last day, for me that is throwing money away.

Hicks and Gillets apparent Judas approach has turned alot of doubters back into the Pro Rafa chant, which was displayed at tonight's match.

The thing is if Rafa does get the boot and Liverpool get a big name in to replace him and Liverpool start well next season we will soon forget. Fans just want success, do we all remember the United fans protests against the Glazers not a million years ago, they have gone quiet in the last year........

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: corn02 on January 15, 2008, 10:16:40 PM

I had a handicapp bet on Liverpool -3 at the start  ;D
Pity i had it as a double with Barcelona beating Seville  :(
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Only when we went 2 or 3 up though
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Chrisowc

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 15, 2008, 10:52:20 PM

Only when we went 2 or 3 up though

They were chanting his name before the match too.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Orior

IMHO,
It was a stupid move by Liverpool to contact Kilnsman.
It was a really stupid move by Liverpool to let it be know that they contacted Kilnsman.
It would be a really f**king stupid move by Liverpool if they employed Kilnsman.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Orior on January 15, 2008, 11:15:24 PM
IMHO,
It was a stupid move by Liverpool to contact Kilnsman.
It was a really stupid move by Liverpool to let it be know that they contacted Kilnsman.
It would be a really f**king stupid move by Liverpool if they employed Kilnsman.

True
True
and that can't happen as he has now signed terms with B Munich
You'll Never Walk Alone.

mayo51

thought it was funny hearing the luton fans singing "you are going to get fired in the morning"

FermPundit

Just seen the Rafa's post match interview on Sky Sports news. He simply refused to talk about his position and would only answer questions on the match. Although I'm a united man I feel a high degree of sympathy for Rafa. I think he'll leave Anfield in the summer to save his reputation. The Americans have absolutely no interest or respect for Liverpool FC IMO
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: FermPundit on January 15, 2008, 11:25:17 PM
Just seen the Rafa's post match interview on Sky Sports news. He simply refused to talk about his position and would only answer questions on the match. Although I'm a united man I feel a high degree of sympathy for Rafa. I think he'll leave Anfield in the summer to save his reputation. The Americans have absolutely no interest or respect for Liverpool FC IMO

And even though you are a United fan  :P I would agree with you..
But whats to say that if a new man comes in that they won't treat him the same as they are treating Rafa..We could become another Newcastle changing managers every season
It looks like the American invasion of Anfield has done more harm than good..
You'll Never Walk Alone.