Anastasia Kriegel

Started by Dinny Breen, May 25, 2018, 04:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

From what was reported today, there seems to be loads of DNA evidence linking boy A to the murder, you'd have to wonder what his defence is going to be or why he doesn't just plead guilty

Boycey

Thought the same when I heard it today, unless each is gonna blame the other and hope for a lesser charge?

omaghjoe

It seems boy A is sticking with these "other older lads"who beat him up, also killed her as his defence. To an adult It just sounds like nonsense a 13year old would make up, he prob doesnt realise that and is ignoring his parents and legal consuel.

Not much linking the other lad (boy b) tho... he was the last one seen with her it seems fair enuff,  but the tape seems a bit of a stretch as hard evidence.

Youd wonder did they throw the murder charge at him for not testifying against Boy A. Find out soon enuff I suppose.
Youd think Boy B's only defence would be to blame Boy A but if he was gonna do that it wud be separate trials wouldn't it?
Dont like these internet histories being used to paint demonic caricatures of defendants, the half of it sounds like click bait.

Tragic stuff anyway the whole thing

Denn Forever

Can someone lock the topic?  Dinny?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Boycey

seafoid

The banality of Boy A's mother leaving a top to soak overnight to deal with the blood and the awfulness of the fact that a first year was murdered
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

IolarCoisCuain

I can't speak for the others, but I'd be in favour of locking the thread because discussing this feels wrong in every way. It's right that it's reported, it's right that people know what happened, but at the same time there's something about speculating on how it'll end up like it was an episode of Murder, She Wrote - no. It's too much for me.

And I know that people don't mean any harm by it and I'm sorry if anyone feels insulted by this. It's just my opinion. All I personally read about this case are the headlines. The details are the last thing I need. God help them all. Everybody loses in this one.

Also, as others have said before me, that was beautiful post by EasyTiger. I don't know who you are, but I wish there were more like you.

omaghjoe

Each to their own and I know its not easy to talk about but I think it is quite important that we see, hear, understand and discuss what went on in this case and in cases like it.

Abuse of children has been in my head quite a bit since following the Alesha MacPhail case in the Isle of Butte and watching the Madeline McCann documentary on Netflix, and what I can do to protect my own children.
If we live in a world were this sort of stuff is not discussed, its out of mind and in a way we subconsciously start to think it doesnt happen. Then we are creating conditions for it happen.

Wildweasel74

Think it should be locked too,

Lar Naparka

Quote from: IolarCoisCuain on May 17, 2019, 10:21:50 PM
I can't speak for the others, but I'd be in favour of locking the thread because discussing this feels wrong in every way. It's right that it's reported, it's right that people know what happened, but at the same time there's something about speculating on how it'll end up like it was an episode of Murder, She Wrote - no. It's too much for me.

And I know that people don't mean any harm by it and I'm sorry if anyone feels insulted by this. It's just my opinion. All I personally read about this case are the headlines. The details are the last thing I need. God help them all. Everybody loses in this one.

Also, as others have said before me, that was beautiful post by EasyTiger. I don't know who you are, but I wish there were more like you.
I am also in favour of locking the thread. It's not easy to say why I feel this way but any reference to what happened to Ana stirs up a feeling of unease, I can't express it better than that.
However, Easy Tiger's post did strike a chord with me also  as I think he spoke for a lot of ordinary people here when he expressed his fears. Unfortunately, we are all well used to stories of unspeakable atrocities from all quarters and for all sorts of motives but this one was somehow different.
In my own ineloquent way, this was a case of Jamie Bulger revisited.
Even depraved Isis jihadists or their equally fanatical counterparts who bombed the mosques in New Zealand had motives of some sort and and are adults and both are lacking here. Security forces everywhere and the general public are at least aware of the possibility of future attacks occurring and are taking all possible  steps  to prevent them happening anywhere again.
Here we are talking about children- two boys barely into their teens, in no apparent way any different to other children around them.   
Yet, this assault and murder seem to have been premeditated and the Google search for gruesome torture methods bears this out. But the behaviour of the pair of suspects seemed to be no different to that of their peers. They could have been from any other housing estate or rural village anywhere -  and so could their victim.
I guess I can't look at children of any age or place right now without thinking, however briefly, of what happened to Ana.
I won't be returning to this topic again.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

brokencrossbar1

Why lock it?  If you have issues about it then don't read it.  You have the free will not to read about it online, in the papers or watch the news.  Some people would like to discuss it as is their prerogative.  That's the wonderful thing about technology,  there is an option to change things when you don't like what you see. 

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

screenexile

Quote from: Rossfan on June 18, 2019, 02:32:03 PM
Both Guilty!

I had thought maybe Boy B might get off with it but sounds like the right verdict was reached to be fair.

What happened to these 2 lads that they could do such a thing??

magpie seanie

Quote from: screenexile on June 18, 2019, 02:49:51 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 18, 2019, 02:32:03 PM
Both Guilty!

I had thought maybe Boy B might get off with it but sounds like the right verdict was reached to be fair.

What happened to these 2 lads that they could do such a thing??

Violence against women by males is commonplace unfortunately. Toxic attitudes contribute to it.