The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Henderson fucked it up. Maybe he needs a few extra million, but he clearly did not think this move through or has horrible advisors. He was respected England and Liverpool captain with his career winding down. Could easily have done what Milner and Lallana and Jonny Evans  did and become a squad player for a few more years at a top half team. Sold his soul and dignity, for what?

Capt Pat

Quote from: J70 on January 08, 2024, 03:58:05 PMHenderson fucked it up. Maybe he needs a few extra million, but he clearly did not think this move through or has horrible advisors. He was respected England and Liverpool captain with his career winding down. Could easily have done what Milner and Lallana and Jonny Evans  did and become a squad player for a few more years at a top half team. Sold his soul and dignity, for what?

36 million pounds.

gawa316

Security for how many future generations of his family?

thewobbler

Quote from: gawa316 on January 08, 2024, 04:48:59 PMSecurity for how many future generations of his family?

Who gives a damn?

Nobody in your family tree beyond your grandchildren will know you or remember you. You might as well give your money to the church.

jcpen

As if the rest of you wouldn't move company for vastly more money.
Faux outrage always amuses me.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

gawa316

Quote from: thewobbler on January 08, 2024, 05:03:17 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on January 08, 2024, 04:48:59 PMSecurity for how many future generations of his family?

Who gives a damn?

Nobody in your family tree beyond your grandchildren will know you or remember you. You might as well give your money to the church.

So you wouldn't want to know your great, great-grandchildren would be set up with financial security? You wouldn't give a damn about them?

J70

Quote from: jcpen on January 08, 2024, 05:10:08 PMAs if the rest of you wouldn't move company for vastly more money.
Faux outrage always amuses me.

How much money would someone like Henderson need?

He was at Liverpool for 12 years, making almost 15 million before tax in just the last two years at the club. I'm sure there were plenty more earnings and endorsements on top of that, helped in no small part by his status as club and national captain and public advocate for causes such as LGBTQ equality.

You think the extra money (which, unless he has gambling issues or an appalling investment staff, he clearly doesn't need) was worth opening himself up to accusations of hypocrisy and cynicism, or worse, undermining the noble causes he advocated for?

jcpen

Don't think it's anyone's business how much money he needs,he made his decision for his own and his family needs.
Couldn't care less myself about all the LGTPQRSTLP+-+ stuff, there are a million causes in the world not sure why this is suddenly the most important one.

thewobbler

Quote from: gawa316 on January 08, 2024, 05:19:13 PM

Who gives a damn?

So you wouldn't want to know your great, great-grandchildren would be set up with financial security? You wouldn't give a damn about them?

Tell me what you know about your great-great grandparents. Remember there's 16 of them.

Why in holy f**k would anyone would give a damn about providing financial stability for someone who'll be born 60+ years from now, who you'll never meet, and who will never remember you, and most likely not even your children?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: J70 on January 08, 2024, 03:58:05 PMHenderson fucked it up. Maybe he needs a few extra million, but he clearly did not think this move through or has horrible advisors. He was respected England and Liverpool captain with his career winding down. Could easily have done what Milner and Lallana and Jonny Evans  did and become a squad player for a few more years at a top half team. Sold his soul and dignity, for what?

The interview he gave when he left Liverpool was daft, nobody close to him with a bit of sense to tell him that wasn't a good idea or least tone down on such silly remarks?

J70

Quote from: jcpen on January 08, 2024, 05:39:09 PMDon't think it's anyone's business how much money he needs,he made his decision for his own and his family needs.
Couldn't care less myself about all the LGTPQRSTLP+-+ stuff, there are a million causes in the world not sure why this is suddenly the most important one.

That's nice for you that you don't care about LGBTQ stuff. And who is saying it's the most important?

But I'm sure there are issues that you DO care about. Would you care about a public advocate turning his back on those for a bit of extra cash?

Let's say it was a player who campaigned against racism. Would you be accusing people of "faux outrage" if they did not like it when that player turned around and went to work in a country with an apartheid system or the like?

jcpen

Quote from: J70 on January 08, 2024, 05:56:09 PM
Quote from: jcpen on January 08, 2024, 05:39:09 PMDon't think it's anyone's business how much money he needs,he made his decision for his own and his family needs.

That's nice for you that you don't care about LGBTQ stuff. And who is saying it's the most important?

But I'm sure there are issues that you DO care about. Would you care about a public advocate turning his back on those for a bit of extra cash?

Let's say it was a player who campaigned against racism. Would you be accusing people of "faux outrage" if they did not like it when that player turned around and went to work in a country with an apartheid system or the like?

Family comes first, just because he went doesn't mean he doesn't care about whatever cause he was advocate for.
Faux outrage like I said.

From the Bunker

Lads this is a Liverpool thread. Henderson was a great servant but is no longer a Liverpool player. If ye want to chat about Henderson feck off to the Premier League Thread.

J70

Quote from: jcpen on January 08, 2024, 06:01:45 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 08, 2024, 05:56:09 PM

Family comes first, just because he went doesn't mean he doesn't care about whatever cause he was advocate for.
Faux outrage like I said.

I disagree.

He had plenty of options where he could have earned a very large salary which would not have required him to compromise his advocacy.

He wasn't faced with an alternative of joining Finn Harps.

trailer

Quote from: thewobbler on January 08, 2024, 05:43:22 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on January 08, 2024, 05:19:13 PM

Who gives a damn?

Tell me what you know about your great-great grandparents. Remember there's 16 of them.

Why in holy f**k would anyone would give a damn about providing financial stability for someone who'll be born 60+ years from now, who you'll never meet, and who will never remember you, and most likely not even your children?

Exactly. They'll probably grow up to be absolute wankers. Think The Royals.

Captain Gay rights sold out on all his ideals for pounds, shillings and pence. A complete spoofer.