Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanagusOir

Quote from: Glensman on September 13, 2010, 02:32:05 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 13, 2010, 01:12:44 PM
Quote from: BanagusOir on September 13, 2010, 12:52:54 PM
Glensman and Imtommygunn, what is this f**king daddy daycare. Who gives a f**k what Tony Scullion does, or anyone on the Cargin team. As a matter of fact who cares what st johns or st galls do either. If you played enough football you would know the saying 'do whatever it takes to win'. Every player in Antrim should live by it. Nobody remembers what any one person does, its the name on the trophey that matters. His behaviour is out of line, Jesus Christ.

It's an opinion that we're allowed to voice.

You sound like a valued contributor who can have a reasoned debate ::)

I give a f*ck. As a neutral I go to the Antrim semis hoping to see the best of what Antrim has on offer...instead the first game was overshadowed by his shenanigans.

Daddy daycare?! - when my son is old enough to learn how to play football I will show him a video of Scullion and ask him to do the opposite of what he does. This is no longer a personal tirade on Scullion (that has gone!) but your comment "do whatever it takes to win" draws this out and is a reference to what a player should be taught to do on the field...
I will tell him to hit hard and fair on the ball.
I will also tell him to take his tackles like a man.

Would I rather watch him be a nasty piece of work and get his name on the trophy...or play the game hard and fair.

Your call, I know which one would make me proud.

Well a certain Mr Kennelly lifted the Sam Maguire last year with a so called 'disgraceful act'. Its the name of the game, be proud as punch for whatever your young lad does, you'll be prouder when he stands in the casement stand with the trophey aloft.

All im saying is ive watched the matches, Karl Stewarts tackle was bad, no body ranting about it.

What were these shenanigans Scullioon was at? I didnt hear any St Brigids players complaining?

Milltown Row2

If you were a St Johns manager on Sunday night, would you have kept Jackpot on the pitch? considering he was booked then ticked before being sent off?

Thought up to that point St Johns could have pushed us a little bit harder.

BanagusOir, Stewart was sent off for his challenge, was Scullion?

One more point on the match, the referee consulted his linesman, well just one of them more than 3 times during the game. two of them he was in the same position as him so would have seen the incident exactly the same. why consult?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SambaSaffron

Jackpot always plays "on the edge", always a risk for a sending off! As for the linesman, I know what you mean but I suppose he wanted a second opinion.

I hear the final's a Saturday night, bit strange.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Quote from: BanagusOir on September 14, 2010, 01:04:19 PM
Glensman and Imtommygunn, what is this f**king daddy daycare. Who gives a f**k what Tony Scullion does, or anyone on the Cargin team. As a matter of fact who cares what st johns or st galls do either. If you played enough football you would know the saying 'do whatever it takes to win'. Every player in Antrim should live by it. Nobody remembers what any one person does, its the name on the trophey that matters. His behaviour is out of line, Jesus Christ.

I give a f*ck. As a neutral I go to the Antrim semis hoping to see the best of what Antrim has on offer...instead the first game was overshadowed by his shenanigans.

Daddy daycare?! - when my son is old enough to learn how to play football I will show him a video of Scullion and ask him to do the opposite of what he does. This is no longer a personal tirade on Scullion (that has gone!) but your comment "do whatever it takes to win" draws this out and is a reference to what a player should be taught to do on the field...

Would I rather watch him be a nasty piece of work and get his name on the trophy...or play the game hard and fair.

Well a certain Mr Kennelly lifted the Sam Maguire last year with a so called 'disgraceful act'. Its the name of the game, be proud as punch for whatever your young lad does, you'll be prouder when he stands in the casement stand with the trophey aloft.

All im saying is ive watched the matches, Karl Stewarts tackle was bad, no body ranting about it.

What were these shenanigans Scullioon was at? I didnt hear any St Brigids players complaining?

Who said Kennelly's act was disgraceful? I don't recall ever saying that. He made a twat of himself by his comments in his book. I've seen worse than his tackle.

They must be doing the same for the final as last year. Trying to double up on the money. It was perfect for a double header too - pity.

SambaSaffron

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 14, 2010, 02:33:47 PM
Are you sure?
Not 100%, but a Cargin player told me so I'd say it's true.

Glensman

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 14, 2010, 02:38:57 PM
Quote from: BanagusOir on September 14, 2010, 01:04:19 PM

Who said Kennelly's act was disgraceful? I don't recall ever saying that. He made a t**t of himself by his comments in his book. I've seen worse than his tackle.

They must be doing the same for the final as last year. Trying to double up on the money. It was perfect for a double header too - pity.

As previously stated Stewart got sent off (any confirmation whether it was a straight red or not yet?). Punishment fitted the crime.

Scullion didn't even get booked (I don't think). I'd say if you looked at the video you'd see at least 4/5 instances where he should have been.
I'd guess the Brigids players didn't complain half for fear for yer man taking their head off in a challenge off the ball! Alternatively, if they shouted too loud our Tony might have burst an ear drum and fallen over like he was shot again.
It's a pantomime, but sure he's your Tony and you gotta love him.

"Its the name of the game"...what the f**k?!
Hitting someone (on the ball) a good early tackle is certainly part of the game, let him know you're there, he won't get through you easily or have an easy day at the office.
There is a big difference between that and (a) repeated abuse off the ball, (b) diving like a pansy and (c) a pre-meditated effort to floor a boy.
Kennelly owned up to partaking in (c) and because of that left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths about him, even I'd say some Kerry folk.

In other news:
Real shame if its not a double header - would have been a great day out with a decent crowd.

I would have taken yer man Jackpot off...leaving him on was dangerous as he looked like a liability and it cost the Johnnies, dearly.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Glensman

funtime frankie

I was told that the final was on saturday night as well and hurling on sunday afternoon.

theskull1

Quote from: Glensman on September 15, 2010, 10:58:19 AM
Hit who?

The Jackpot ....... drruuuuummmm tish      ;D ;D

Was worth the wait
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Archie Mitchell

According to the Antrim website, the Senior Final is on Sat 25th @ 7pm in Casement.

gallsman

Anyone know how much it is into the minor game tomorrow night?

the colonel

the difference between success and failure is energy

Milltown Row2

Would rather stick needles in my eyes than go, oh  and I'm getting my hair cut ;)

Will Lamhs spoil the Johnnies year?