Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 26, 2010, 04:09:44 PM
just seen three South West County players knocking back a bottle of buckfast outside Lavery's.

no shit stirring ::)

Personally I think these no drinking rules are a load of balls.  It's an amateur game, these guys put in a hell of a lot of time and effort and if they enjoy a couple of pints WTF??  It seems to be par for the course for English soccer players to spend a good deal of their time hammered.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Joxer_man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 26, 2010, 04:09:44 PM
just seen three South West County players knocking back a bottle of buckfast outside Lavery's.

no shit stirring ::)

Suppose you went over and checked what you had they had for dinner MR2!!!  :D :D :D :D :D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: SambaSaffron on May 26, 2010, 04:26:55 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2010, 12:05:51 PM
just read Scullion's match preview and histake on the came coming up, usual stuff 'we're no world beaters' 'no medals won' 'Antrim havent gained any respect'

then he goes on to say that the Galls lads didn't adjust to the step up from county and club games in the last few games they played for Antrim!!

so by that train of thought Cargin should win the County Final this year as they have 6 players on the county squad training at a level above club teams so thats a serious advantage for them.

who beat Cargin in the league this year??
Moneyglass.

The rest of your post is a pile of balls, you've taken what he said in completely the wrong context.

Wrong context!! explain?

the performances from the players that have been training with the county from the start of the league was mainly poor.

k O boyle (corner back)  was very good thoughout
loughrey good in parts
struggling now!!!
no can't think of any oh
Crozier good in parts also

my point being, Tony could have done his interview better, he was negitive to a certain club. i know they ask leading questions but you dont fall into that trap.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

SambaSaffron

Are you denying that club football is different than county football? Because that is pretty much what Tony said, I don't think he used the phrase 'step up'm I think what he said was 'adjust'. Which, at the time of interview at least, was probably fairly accurate as the team had lost 3 from 4 when the St Galls players returned. Tony wasn't blaming this on the players, but just said it was a factor. I think he also states that they had by that stage adjusted.

Since I no longer have the article I can't back this up but as I say from my original reading of it you've taken in entirely the wrong context.

imtommygunn

MR you seem to have over analysed this a lot IMO.

Also based on your reaction to it and the fact you posted during the week that three "south west" players were drinking buckfast during the week would imply to me that the city - country split (which I had thought was gone) is very much alive and well in your eyes. (I don't know why you had to say three south west players were drinking buckfast and not three county players)

Some country players were good on sunday and some some country players were poor. Some city players were very good and some city players were very poor too. There was no correlation between how they played and where they were from so again I don't see why you were drawing any.

Joxer_man

With antrim now off back of a string of bad competitive results and performances where do you think they should go now? Personally, id get rid off th mcgourtys and brady for whoever. Although must be said brady been a great servant but must work harder to retain his place. And in case someone thinks im 'out te get st galls' (mr2) i believe aodhan gallaghers the best in th county.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: otbar on May 26, 2010, 01:59:43 PM
It was friday sorry and he was drinking a an event - spotted by a few people including a gaa pundit.  The younger brother was caught to.  This is common knowledge and factual so no stirring shit.  Im sure more will be heard before end of week.

relax lads i didn't see any South west county players drinking Buckfast, i was just winding this balloon up. there is no north south divide in football. maybe some rivalry  between Galls and Cargin men but nothing too bad.

I'll stand over my assessment of the game and who stood out as having a good game.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Antrim Div 1 Football
Team 1 Score Score Team 2 Venue Comment   
St Brigids  1-11 0-14 Cargin  St. Brigids Round 8 
Lamh Dhearg  1-13 0-12 St. Galls  Lamh Dhearg Round 8 
Portglenone  2-12 1-12 Moneyglass  Portglenone Round 8 
Creggan  1-13 3-4 St. Johns  Creggan Round 8 
Antrim Div 2 Football
Dunloy  2-9 1-29 Aghagallon  Dunloy Round 8 
Davitts  1-9 1-14 Gort Na Mona  Davitts Round 8 
All Saints  0-11 1-5 Glenavy  All Saints Round 8 
Antrim Div 3 Football
St. Agnes  2-7 3-13 Ardoyne  St. Agnes Round 12 
Eire Og  0-11 2-15 Cargin 2 Eire Og Round 12 
Tir na Nog  1-11 1-14 St. Endas  Tir na Nog Round 12 
Antrim Div 4 Football
Rasharkin 2 4-20 1-9 Cargin 3 Rasharkin Round 12 
O Donnells  0-11 2-7 Creggan 2 O Donnells Round 12 
St. Johns 2 1-11 0-10 Ballycastle  Corrigan Park Round 12 
St Brigids 2 0-16 2-6 Glenavy 2 St. Brigids Round 12 
Antrim Div 5 Football
All Saints 2 2-15 2-8 St. Galls 3 All Saints Round 8 
St. Malachys  1-6 0-6 Lamh Dhearg 2 TBC Round 8 
St. Endas 2 4-20 1-5 Moneyglass 2 St. Endas Round 8 
Antrim Div 6 Football
Aldergrove 2 0-13 2-6 Tir na Nog 2 Aldergrove Round 8

we lost all three games tonight!!!

was playing against ballymena tonight, good game with a decent referee who applied the rules very well. good man yourself

Hoof Hearted

they will be dancing in the streets of Lamh Dearg tonight !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

theskull1

The street of lamh dearg surely
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Milltown Row2

Yes i'd say they are dancing, big threat for Championship. decent team and have always been close. shaping up for a good championship season in the football.

Ballymena beat Glenavy on the top pitch while we played down below. they also have another pitch in the making, great set up they have.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 02, 2010, 10:01:27 PM
Antrim Div 1 Football
St Brigids  1-11 0-14 Cargin  St. Brigids Round 8 
Lamh Dhearg  1-13 0-12 St. Galls  Lamh Dhearg Round 8 
Portglenone  2-12 1-12 Moneyglass  Portglenone Round 8 
Creggan  1-13 3-4 St. Johns  Creggan Round 8 
Antrim Div 2 Football
Dunloy  2-9 1-29 Aghagallon  Dunloy Round 8 
Davitts  1-9 1-14 Gort Na Mona  Davitts Round 8 
All Saints  0-11 1-5 Glenavy  All Saints Round 8 
Antrim Div 3 Football
St. Agnes  2-7 3-13 Ardoyne  St. Agnes Round 12 
Eire Og  0-11 2-15 Cargin 2 Eire Og Round 12 
Tir na Nog  1-11 1-14 St. Endas  Tir na Nog Round 12 
Antrim Div 4 Football
Rasharkin 2 4-20 1-9 Cargin 3 Rasharkin Round 12 
O Donnells  0-11 2-7 Creggan 2 O Donnells Round 12 
St. Johns 2 1-11 0-10 Ballycastle  Corrigan Park Round 12 
St Brigids 2 0-16 2-6 Glenavy 2 St. Brigids Round 12 
Antrim Div 5 Football
All Saints 2 2-15 2-8 St. Galls 3 All Saints Round 8 
St. Malachys  1-6 0-6 Lamh Dhearg 2 TBC Round 8 
St. Endas 2 4-20 1-5 Moneyglass 2 St. Endas Round 8 
Antrim Div 6 Football
Aldergrove 2 0-13 2-6 Tir na Nog 2 Aldergrove Round 8

we lost all three games tonight!!!

was playing against ballymena tonight, good game with a decent referee who applied the rules very well. good man yourself

A mistake?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

imtommygunn

Aghagallon 1-29. That's like a hurling score!

Ballymena have had a good set-up for a few years. They must have improved the low pitch as there used to be a few potholes in it.

St Galls wouldn't be taking the league too seriously imagine. Wouldn't read too much into it. Mind you Lamh Dhearg should have the players to challenge Cargin for number 2 in county though Murray will be a loss. (They should have Cunningham, 2 Herrons, Lynch, Finucane and a few boys like Tumeltys who can play a bit)

bannside

Interesting division one this year.

St Johns on fire early on, recently beaten by both Portglenone and Creggan from the foot of the table.

The two teams who got promoted last year have added a freshness, cause they have been taking a lot of points, instead of the usual scramble for survival.

Especially for the teams in the lower half, every game from now on is meaningful. And the way it looks, any team can put it up to anyone else.

Glensman