Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 12, 2010, 10:00:10 PM
Quote from: Orior on April 12, 2010, 08:32:36 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 12, 2010, 07:24:16 PM

Is anyone going to this? Can you please post videos pictures of it afterwards?

My money is on Jane Adams and Loughrey (the lucky bollix).

Nothing will happen there

:o MR

Northern Light

Probably best that we keep to the dancing.
Yesterday's performance was a disgrace to this County, and an insult to the supporters who travelled to Wexford.
No need to worry about ball players on the half forward line - we had no players there - I did see a couple of guys standing about in Antrim shirts but I presumed they were supporters?
In the supposed defence, the great tactical innovation (first seen against Louth) of five half backs, two of whom think they are playing centre half, while two others think are playing 'sweeper", and none of them know what they are doing, confounded Wexford - for a while! The Wexford forwards thought that their opponents might tackle them, but (with the exception of Crozier) the other four half backs, quickly let them know that Antrim doesn't do tackling -  any more! K O'Boyle was outstanding, and with Herron, and Mc Cann these three stopped Wexford winning by the 9-10 points, necessary to keep us in Div 3. Don't believe the match reports - we were awful! .
A quick stats check is worthwhile - 3 out of a total of 5 goals scored against Antrim, have been scored in the last 2 matches (Baker's mantra - no goals).We won 8 out of a possible 10 points, conceding 2 goals, to start the League, and managed 2 out of 4 points, conceding 3 goals to finish the League. What changed?
This is a different team to that which started the League campaign - Sligo to win by 6-12 points. God help us next year.

SambaSaffron

:D Catch yourself on you clown. I wasn't at the game so can't comment on the performance, but the majoirty of your post is utter rubbish. I'm assuming wind-up.

imtommygunn

Quote from: boro on April 11, 2010, 05:02:34 PM
Just back from a sun drenched Wexford Park. Good win for the lads but didn't matter in the end. Thought Antrim looked sharp, good movement in the forwards (unlike Wexford) and quick all round the pitch. Ye should do well come championship. Wexford were sluggish enough, still short a few lads, but these should be back for the start of the championship. We could definitely do with the likes of Matty and Banville back in the forwards. Congrats to Sligo and Antrim, but still a tiny bit annoyed at the wait it all played out. (beating both, but then points difference counting, Sligo playin a relegated Roscommon, etc). But sure that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Roll on the championship :)

Just copying in a post from a wexford man post the match on another thread. Guess he was at another match to northern light!

(We do have too many half forwards, well all of them, who would play deep though...)

saffron sam2

I reckon Antrim would have beaten Wexford easily enough if the Saffrons had needed to win.

And if they all had been given proper beds in the hotel on the Saturday night, not those silly wee camp bed things.

Plus ça change.

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

SambaSaffron

St Brigids  Portglenone  St. Brigids
Ahoghill  Lamh Dhearg  Ahoghill 
Creggan  Cargin  Creggan 
St. Johns  St. Galls  Corrigan Park 
St. Pauls  Moneyglass  St. Pauls

A few interesting ties tonight lads. Ahoghill Lamh Dearg a championship dress rehearsal. How will the Johnnies welcome their mates the new AI Champions? Cargin and Creggan a local derby, St Brigids Portglenone a repeat of last years Championship semi-final, and last but not least St Pauls v Moneyglass, who did the double in the fixture last year. Any predictions?

I go, St Brigids by 4
Lamh Dearg by 1
Cargin by 5
St Galls by 2
Moneyglass by 2

imtommygunn

"In my eyes, Kevin Niblock is probably the best number 11 in the country at the moment," said Bradley.

We know who is CHF against Tyrone then...

St Brigids by 1
Lamh Dhearg by 3
Cargin by 4
St Galls by 7
St Pauls by 4

SambaSaffron

St Brigids    4-11   0-12   Portglenone       
Ahoghill    0-10   2-8   Lamh Dhearg       
Creggan    0-9   1-11   Cargin       
St. Johns    0-13   0-8   St. Galls       
St. Pauls    0-13   0-12   Moneyglass       
Few interesting results there, the Johnnies beating St Galls being the obvious standout. What sort of team had St Galls out? Heard Mick McCann was sent off for Cargin, any truth?
Think Portglenone will struggle this season.
As for my predictions, 3 out of 5 ain't bad, with 1 being spot on.

Gold

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2010, 10:35:08 PM
Great display form the Johnnies tonight. Peter McGinnity controlled the game at midfield. Joe McGuinness played out of his skin in full back. Wee Andy and a very young Mickey Darragh did the damage up front.
Good 2 points secured.

Lump on the Johnnies for the championship.

Ha ha. Magic
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Minder

Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2010, 11:06:39 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 14, 2010, 10:58:40 PM
I see Gaelic Life are advertising on the county website. I wonder how much it is costing them.
Strange. It appears to have vanished.

Saw it earlier, huge writing that there was an interview with Paddy Cunningham this week in Gaelic Life
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

unitedireland

Are antrim going to beat tyrone in the championship?? Its an interesting one!!

ONeill

I think Antrim will come out of the blocks flying. 0-4 to 0-0 after 8 minutes with three Hands frees and a Conor McGourty dink. The Saffron Roar will lift the roof off. O'Neill will convert a Musgy dive but Antrim will charge up the field which results in a scrappy Terry O'Neill goal off his backside -  1-4 to 0-1. The rest of the half sees it tit-for-tat and Antrim head into the changing rooms 1-9 to 0-6 ahead with the crowd baying, for pastie baps.

Tyrone emerge in the second half wearing new geansai (away strip) and proceed to chip away at the Antrim lead. Brian McGuigan is running amok with Cavanagh finding the room to sell the trademark dummy. Sean Kelly gives him £3.50 for one. On 50 minutes the scoreboard reads Tyrone 0-13 Antrim 1-10.

At that point a remarkable minor scuffle breaks out between Cunningham and McGourty with Hands apparently heard bellowing, "I turned yis down sure. I'm not bringin my chile up a Galls man." CJ whips out a mobile phone and tells Baker to get Paddy off in a disguised voice. Baker acts and brings on Herron for Cunningham. Hands is bemused at being replaced by a hurling clubmate and refuses to leave. They take off Veronica instead who retires to the bench to re-apply his lip gloss.

All the while Cavanagh is in deep discussion with Harte. Niblock for the BBC sticks his mic in and catches Sean telling Mickey that he has penned a 4-book deal and to shove his Disease of Me up his hole. Mickey responds by bringing on Colm the brother for Sean. Sean is bemused at being replaced by his taxi driver and refuses to leave. They take off Dooher instead who is instantly frozen in an ice casket for the next game.

Tyrone 0-15
Antrim 1-12.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

imtommygunn

St Brigids    0-13   2-8   St. Johns    St. Brigids   Round 2   
St. Pauls    0-12   0-7   Creggan    St. Pauls   Round 2   
Moneyglass    1-9   1-12   Ahoghill    Moneyglass   Round 2   
Cargin    0-17   1-10   Lamh Dhearg    Cargin   Round 2

Some interesting results. St Johns have started off well. Great result for Ahoghill. It'll put Moneyglass in trouble. Also surprised to see St Pauls beat Creggan.

Business as usual for Cargin. I guess St Galls and Portglenone were meant to play.

Milltown Row2

Ports had a stag weekend arranged. played the game on Friday night. as station said, they were chinned. hope the stag party was better craic ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Any of the SW posters fill us in on what happened in the Ahoghill (McCormick Cup?) match in which a referee was assualted?