Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glens abu

Quote from: pebble-dasher on September 17, 2009, 06:00:07 PM
Having been at both the drawn game and reply st bridgets will be kicking themselves today.  If they had one descent forward who could take half a score they would have beat portglenone out the gate.  The ginger corner forward was one on one with brian mc cann and only had to put it in when he tried to act the lad and round the keeper.  The score was 10 to 1.05 for stbridgets and would have left portglenone with even fewer ideas with around 10 minutes left.

Was great to see kevin madden playing again and tormenting defences.

On the final portglenone simply do not have any fire power capable of troubling the two best defenders in the county mc lean and brady. 

One final moan is i would like to have seen a double header because casement is empty enough on county final day with out splitting the attendence even more.

Have to agree there pebble for a man who hasn't played for two years he was very impressive,pity cause a fit Madden would have been some asset to the county last year.

Hoof Hearted

thanks big lad, ignore that other tool, wouldn't know the difference between a goal and his hole. Ask Delargy is it too late in the season for me to start training  :D
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Drumanee 1

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 18, 2009, 10:58:36 AM
thanks big lad, ignore that other tool, wouldn't know the difference between a goal and his hole. Ask Delargy is it too late in the season for me to start training  :D

to late in the century more like

milltown row

when Madden plays in the final and takes a big hit from Andy McLean or Colin Brady, will he be OK? is he going against medical advice to play?

who lost out inthe team for him to come back in?

pebble-dasher

Quote from: milltown row on September 18, 2009, 01:28:13 PM
when Madden plays in the final and takes a big hit from Andy McLean or Colin Brady, will he be OK? is he going against medical advice to play?

who lost out inthe team for him to come back in?

I think the other corner forward that played against creggan and ballymena got injured. 

What was that thing on his head, hope it doesnt start a trend or john mc keever will make a fortune in elite sports!

Archie Mitchell

Kevin Madden must have had an improvement in his health to start playing again. I remember a programme on last year about heart surgeons in Belfast, and he was on it getting a replacement valve in his heart. Maybe this has seen an improvement in his health, which has prompted him to start playing again. Good to see him back though. Would have been a great asset to Antrim this year.

Minder

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on September 19, 2009, 09:46:08 PM
Kevin Madden must have had an improvement in his health to start playing again. I remember a programme on last year about heart surgeons in Belfast, and he was on it getting a replacement valve in his heart. Maybe this has seen an improvement in his health, which has prompted him to start playing again. Good to see him back though. Would have been a great asset to Antrim this year.

Some difference in club football and IC, who would he have replaced this year?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Archie Mitchell

Not saying this year he would have made the team. If he hadn't had the health problems which stopped him playing football, he most certaintly would have been a great asset to Antrim, especially this year with their breakthrough.

saffron sam2

But he chose to team up with mediocre manager Damien Cassidy, rather than Baker Bradley (who he had worked with at club level the previous year).

the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ONeill

Fcuk me, i'd soon wipe the smirk off SS2's gub by tramping in with just the one prediction and claiming the goods.

Who's deciding on MOTM though?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

saffron sam2

Quote from: hardstation on September 23, 2009, 11:13:25 PM
Spreads:

St. Gall's v Portglenone (+6.5)

Man of the match - 10 points

No table yet as I'm still wondering what to do with the PGO - St. Bridget's spread. Wasn't about to have a spread for the replay.

Fcuk it - sticking with the 1st game.

Why is it -10 for Man of the Match? Surely that will put people off entering.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

aontroim

St. Gall's

MOTM: 'Bertie' McGourty

imtommygunn

St Galls

MOTM Sean Kelly

I see Mick McCann got an all star noimation. Well done to him - great to see an antrim man in there.

milltown row

this match will be closer than most people on here think, while our lads are at full strength and difficult for the manager to pick, he can only pick 15. Portglenone will have their best 15 ready to win the match.

we didn't hammer them the last time and wont this time

ONeill

St Galls

Niblock.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.