Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

milltown row

St. Pauls  0-10 0-10 Creggan Kickhams  St. Pauls   
St. Galls  2-14 0-3 St. Brigids  St. Galls   
Rasharkin  0-13 2-12 Portglenone  Rasharkin

Brigids must have had their ladies team playing tonight. we'd boys missing that match tonight also!!

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: milltown row on August 12, 2009, 10:00:29 PM
St. Pauls  0-10 0-10 Creggan Kickhams  St. Pauls   
St. Galls  2-14 0-3 St. Brigids  St. Galls   
Rasharkin  0-13 2-12 Portglenone  Rasharkin

Brigids must have had their ladies team playing tonight. we'd boys missing that match tonight also!!

That's some drubbing a week before championship! Who showed well for St Galls? The bold Kevin was talking the other week about making a comeback, did he figure?

Any of the Brigid's ladies guys show any class or ability at all?

Dunloy will be laughing...St John's will be, er, nervous  :D :D

bredaghgael

Regular guest Joe Brolly will be joined this year by fellow Derry man and Antrim Football Manager Liam Bradley,
Armagh's Oisin Mc Conville and Cork's All-Ireland Hurling winning Captain in 1990,RTE Hurling analyst Tomás Mulcahy.
Other guests will be confirmed closer to the event
Throw-in @ 8.30pm and MC for the event will be Jerome Quinn.

Tickets £10 to include entry to a draw for two All-Ireland Hurling Final tickets and two All-Ireland Football Final tickets

milltown row

thought i'd post something on here before it fell of the main page!!!!

Championship this weekend, any surprises in store for the big teams?  we play the Johnnies.

imtommygunn

All Saints (Portglenone won't win by as much as people think but will win ok)

St Brigids (Dunloy shouldn't be in senior I don't think)

St Galls (I'd expect there to be a bit of dirt in this match)

Cargin (Gorts are just a wee bit below this level)

saffron sam2

Spreads:

Portglenone v All Saints (+9.5) Bonus

St. Brigid's v Dunloy (+10.5)

St. John's (+10.5) v St. Gall's

Cargin v Gort na Mona (+12.5)
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

imtommygunn

Cargin by 15 then setting up the big showdown.

Ardoyne beating Aghagallon is a bit of a shock in the intermediate.

Aldergrove ran st endas close. Aldergrove seem to be improving of late.

milltown row

bad craic that teams in the senior championship arre getting beat by 15 points!!!

can't even remember being beat by that much in a hurling match by the best team, Cargin are well in gear. should we beat the Jonhnnies tonight then it will be a good semi (final really)

Why have the other teams been so poor these last few years?

Hoof Hearted

apart from Portglenone, have other teams just said f**k it, we are too far behind Cargin + St Galls there is no point. I know Port's 2 finals against St Galls and semi against Cargin were bad defeats, but they are the only one's who seem to be in with a chance. From reading on here maybe St Bridgids aren't far away either, but the Antrim C'Ship has been like the Munster Football c'ship this decade, and teams shouldn't be get 15 point hammerings in 1/4 finals
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

saffron sam2

Sure didn't it happen Donegal and Dublin this year.

Atticus_Finch

Quote from: hardstation on August 23, 2009, 08:28:59 PM
Naomh Gall 1-11
Naomh Eoin 0-06
FT

That sets up a Cargin vs St Galls tie doesn't it ?  any idea when/where that will take place ?
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

imtommygunn

I think it's set for 2 weeks time. Not sure of venues/ times etc yet though. MR reckons Belfast.

milltown row

i'm hearing Creggan, that was the worst game of football i ever seen, 3 johnnies men sent off and could have lost more.

had the Johnnies continued to play the football they played in the first 20 minutes they would have been better for it.

if Cargin were watching they must be rubbing their hands, we were terrible. plenty to work on. though the semi is not till 13th of Sept

milltown row

corner back for stamping on McGourty (Ciaran) and then Oliver not sure and the other corner back. just a load of bollox really. the hardman of football is dead, the slabbering and slaps is finished.

actually embarrassing, i'm there are some Johnny greats watching that tonight cringing

saffron sam2

Quote from: milltown row on August 23, 2009, 10:25:21 PM
corner back for stamping on McGourty (Ciaran) and then Oliver not sure and the other corner back. just a load of bollox really. the hardman of football is dead, the slabbering and slaps is finished.

actually embarrassing, i'm there are some Johnny greats watching that tonight cringing

An oxymoron surely?