Quote from: cooki2222 on April 20, 2009, 01:06:37 PM
u21 championship kicks off tonight :)

Monday 20th April 2009
All Games 7.00pm

St Ends v Rosa
St Paul's v Ardoyne
Aghagallon v Creggan
Moneyglass v Sarsfields

Who gives a flying F***, sure it aint hurling, is it!

sure this aint the f***ing hurling thread, is it!!
Quote from: SASLinger on April 21, 2009, 09:05:59 PM
Quote from: The Dark Knight on April 21, 2009, 01:03:41 PM
21 April 2009
A chara

I regret to inform you of the death of Mr Oliver Kelly, Former Antrim Chairman. Oliver passed away last night (Monday)

Go ndeanna dia trocaire ar a anam

Is mise
Proinsias Ó Coinne
Rúnaí Chontae Aontroma

A checkered life to say the least..... May he now rest in peace.
Who the f*** are you to judge anybody in life, ya self righteous p***k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  None of us are perfect and have not transgressed.

Aye SASlinger is good craic, no aul shite out of him :D

Many thanks Sandman!!!!!!!!  Appreciate the support.  Ya know, all the boys think I am a County Administrator, (particularly on the Antrim Hurling thread) one of McSparrans Boys.  Totally wrong they are!

No bother, let them think that then and sure you have them fooled..you have her sussed SAS
Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

Gold

is anyone goin to this match on Saturday?

I cant make it as not gettin paid to Monday.

What time is game? Is it on TG4
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Minder

Quote from: Gold on April 23, 2009, 12:01:40 PM
is anyone goin to this match on Saturday?

I cant make it as not gettin paid to Monday.

What time is game? Is it on TG4

Its at 4.30pm. Read somewhere it is on live on TG4.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

All four games are on TG4 - two on saturday and two on sunday. I think Minder is right and it's half four on saturday.

Gold

clootfromthe21

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 23, 2009, 12:28:45 PM
All four games are on TG4 - two on saturday and two on sunday. I think Minder is right and it's half four on saturday.

Good Christ, that was grim on many levels. Don't know where to start but McKeever putting the ball over the end line while trying to toe tap while under no pressure was for me the lowlight of this game.

Donegal are going to eat us.

London 2012

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on April 25, 2009, 06:06:56 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 23, 2009, 12:28:45 PM

Good Christ, that was grim on many levels. Don't know where to start but McKeever putting the ball over the end line while trying to toe tap while under no pressure was for me the lowlight of this game.

Donegal are going to eat us.

Couldn't agree more only seen the 2nd half but i was so disapponted with Antrim. That incident you mentioned with no 12 just shouldn't be seen in an inter county match. Antrim wouldn't get near anyone else in ulster.

bigfrank

That was so poor!! Edwards at full forward,forget bout it,mc keever clueless,i could go on but where do u stop!!! Sligo are piss poor too!!!

Glensman

Pretty poor stuff all round on Saturday bar the first 15/20 minutes when Antrim looked on top. During this period they were very wasteful and didn't make the most of their dominance, something that good teams do - they punish.

On the basis of 70% of the game Donegal will indeed eat us but there was enough there (not as much as Lawrence Smyth thinks...) to suggest that if they get the heads down, get some good friendlies on the go, erradicate some (quite a few) silly mistakes they could challenge Donegal.

McKeever's fumble over the endline was abysmal, which he will know himself though he certainly made hismelf available more than many of his fellow forwards and for that he can't be faulted. He was busy and got on the ball a fair bit.
Close was pretty much anonymous bar the goal, Cunnigham hides behind his man amd doesn't really offer himself for the pass making runs as a good corner forward should (and can maybe get away with this in the Antrim league but not up there) and Tomas McCann needs to let his head catch up with his body/feet...and pass the odd time.
Edwards certainly wasn't as dangerous as he was very Sligo but he did knock the ball down for the goal and fed Mick McCann with a good pass which he picked off the ground when had loads of time to score. Thought he was withdrawn a bit early as he might have been a good outlet against the wind as he seems to be able to carry the ball well.
Mick McCann didn't have one of his better days and Andy McClean and Colm Brady were just that bit off their man but McClean will get the match fitness back and I have never seen Brady have two off days in a row (his man Marren took some fine scores).
Loughrey and Scullion looked dangerous on the break and were busy in the tackle (some slap that Scullion took - did he break his nose?).
McGreevey won't play that badly again (at fault for 1-1) I don't think, as he is a pro and a super keeper.

All things considered there is clear room for alot of improvement but there were little signs that there is a wee bit of hope v Donegal.

Hopefully Baker and Conway will get to work on them. 7 weeks is alot of time. I hope its enough.

milkman mk II

any reports from u21 game shappening around the county?

Mhic Easmuint

Results:
Gort Na Mona  2-14 1-7 St. Pauls  Gort Na Mona   
Dunloy  3-7 0-8 Portglenone  Dunloy   
Rossa  1-7 0-15 Creggan Kickhams  Rossa   
Rasharkin  1-12 2-12 St. Johns  Rasharkin   
Lamh Dhearg  0-7 1-10 St. Galls  Lamh Dhearg   
St. Teresas  0-8 1-6 Glenavy  St. Teresas   
Erins Own Cargin  3-13 0-5 Moneyglass  Cargin

Dunloy beat our guys handy enough, but weren't impressive either. 

Gold

Quote from: Glensman on April 27, 2009, 10:39:25 AM
Pretty poor stuff all round on Saturday bar the first 15/20 minutes when Antrim looked on top. During this period they were very wasteful and didn't make the most of their dominance, something that good teams do - they punish.

On the basis of 70% of the game Donegal will indeed eat us but there was enough there (not as much as Lawrence Smyth thinks...) to suggest that if they get the heads down, get some good friendlies on the go, erradicate some (quite a few) silly mistakes they could challenge Donegal.

McKeever's fumble over the endline was abysmal, which he will know himself though he certainly made hismelf available more than many of his fellow forwards and for that he can't be faulted. He was busy and got on the ball a fair bit.Close was pretty much anonymous bar the goal, Cunnigham hides behind his man amd doesn't really offer himself for the pass making runs as a good corner forward should (and can maybe get away with this in the Antrim league but not up there) and Tomas McCann needs to let his head catch up with his body/feet...and pass the odd time.
Edwards certainly wasn't as dangerous as he was very Sligo but he did knock the ball down for the goal and fed Mick McCann with a good pass which he picked off the ground when had loads of time to score. Thought he was withdrawn a bit early as he might have been a good outlet against the wind as he seems to be able to carry the ball well.
Mick McCann didn't have one of his better days and Andy McClean and Colm Brady were just that bit off their man but McClean will get the match fitness back and I have never seen Brady have two off days in a row (his man Marren took some fine scores).
Loughrey and Scullion looked dangerous on the break and were busy in the tackle (some slap that Scullion took - did he break his nose?).
McGreevey won't play that badly again (at fault for 1-1) I don't think, as he is a pro and a super keeper.

All things considered there is clear room for alot of improvement but there were little signs that there is a wee bit of hope v Donegal.

Hopefully Baker and Conway will get to work on them. 7 weeks is alot of time. I hope its enough.

your right about McKeever--despite being poor and headless its funny how many times he got on the ball--he always seemed to be the man on the shoulder available for the ball in the forward line. whether this is a good thing or not is another question.

our forwards are totally toothless.

Edwards had a tough time on Noel Maguire--Maguire is an outstanding full back who marks from the front--the key to beating those sorts of defenders is by running from side to side and to get the ball towards the corners. Maguire was out in front most times to the ball as the ball was just kicked down his throat--but Edwards did well to knock the ball down into Close's path for the goal and passed to McCann who inexplicably picked it off the ground when he could have played Edwards back in for goal. Dougan came on and wasnt given a kick either. Maguire has impressed me bigtime in both games against us this year and would be worth keepin an eye on (to see if Meehan roasts him or not). Also Sligo's No 2 Harrsion was awesome at times esp in the 1st half.

Cunningham was great from frees but doesnt show and when the ball is played in the aire he cant help himself putting his arms on the back of a defender--hes done this countless times in the league and given away a free each time--he needs a ball winner in there to hand him the ball- so he can just kick it without trying to beat a man.

Tomas has great pace and was unfortunate that he was dispossessed by 2 super tackles in a row in the first half around midfield as he would have had acres of space in front of him--in hindsight though he maybe should have kicked the ball in and ran for the return.

Our full back line cant afford to wait until the other teams forwards get the ball and then tackle--Sligo's full back line gave an exhibition in full back line defending.

Ive slated Scullion's kicking before but he was great on saturday and all his kicks were crossfield and all found the target--a far cry from each kick going over the full forward line's heads into the keepers hands.

our Half back line is clearly our strongest line and its worrying that we only scored 3 points from play and of that half back Loughrey scored 2 and Midfielder McCann got 1. Maybe Loughrey would be more useful wing forward with O'Hagan at wing/centre back or Sean Kelly if he comes back

Our lack of psychality would worry me against Donegal and going forward to Div 3 also but all in all i was glad to get out of Div 4 and although sorry we lost and there were bad points on Saturday it was still great that we remained competitive at least to the end--the days of giving up and getting tanked have to be kept in the past.

Glensman

Any word on this?

Was a pretty bad tackle but they seem to be stepping further than the "if its dealt with at the time then it can't be changed approach".

New CCCC faces first case
28 April 2009

Antrim's Sean Burke is expected to be the first player to appear before the GAA's new Central Competitions Control Committee which is chaired by Tyrone's Seamus Woods.

Newly-elected GAA president Christy Cooney last week appointed the new committee that will serve under him for the next three years. One of the committee's first disciplinary duties will be to review video evidence of last Saturday's NFL Division 4 final between Antrim and Sligo in which Burke was yellow-carded for a high challenge on Sligo's Gary Gaughan.

Video evidence appeared to show him leading with the elbow and catching his opponent in the head, which could lead to him being called before the committee. If the Antrim man's yellow card is upgraded to a red, he will have the option of requesting an appearance before the Central Hearings Committee.

Gold

gallsman

Quote from: Gold on April 29, 2009, 02:57:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGnFhXzQ0Qo

Burke one-- i just dont think he can tackle

Disgraceful tackle. Burkey always seemed to get involved in some shite like that at underage. Never had anything in response when it was given back to him tough. Fine footballer and hurler who always seemed as if he needed to prove he was a tough bugger by picking up stupid and needless cards. Should and will get a lengthy ban for it.