Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

He's getting old. I've reported him to the mods and suggest others do too. I don't want to see his tragic demise played out on the board. They do legal poison in Switzerland don't they?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

imtommygunn

Interesting comments sam...

How in the name of God do you come to the conclusion that Kevun Madden has a proven track record?

Also if you could be mistaken on the Paul Murphy thing then that could mean that the good part of the basis for your opinion on Jody Gormley is wrong no? It's interesting you become so snide on something that you could be mistaken on.

Then again - two people didn't turn up at training during the week so obviously falling apart ::)

Maximus Marillius

I would love to hear how sam see's Madden as having a proven track record...it must be the fact that he has been a manager of a club team for three months. Was sam that intoxicated when he made that post he did not know that this is Maddens first year to manage a senior club team.

glens73

Quote from: hardstation on April 20, 2008, 12:17:20 PM
Anyway...............
Die dog or shite the licence today. I've been to chapel, said all the prayers.
We can't lose......can we?!

They have, shocking to lose to Waterford at home.

rashCharacter

What in an under a jesus happened?

How did Tipperary do?

PlayWithTheWind

:-[ beat by waterford at home, we dont deserve to go up.
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

PlayWithTheWind

I had heard he threw the head up, must have been bullshit.
Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Square Ball

Still cant really believe this, gutted, how in under god did the wheels come off so badly?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Minder

I know it was a bit of a shock that we lost but we are in division four for a reason,and it is not for producing consistent high level football. We just are not very good
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

saffron sam2

I will make no comment on today's game. I will leave that up to some of the other less snide posters on the board.

However, a few other points:

Quote from: hardstation on April 19, 2008, 02:26:03 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 25, 2008, 10:19:14 PM
If we lose, J. Gormley to be shot with a ball of his own shite and then sacked. Replaced by Brian White.

Quote from: saffron sam2 on April 18, 2008, 08:53:09 PM
Kevin Madden, well respected within Antrim, a proven record and the ability to deal with difficult individuals like the fabulous Baker boys.

What has changed, sam?

Whitey's not interested.

Quote from: ONeill on April 18, 2008, 10:38:15 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on April 18, 2008, 08:53:09 PM
Kevin Madden, well respected within Antrim, a proven record and the ability to deal with difficult individuals like the fabulous Baker boys.

You're full of mad-dogs' shit SS. What is Madden's inter-county proven record? I once scored 18 penalties in a row in one hour. Should I be Tyrone's new penalty taker?

Quote from: Glensman on April 19, 2008, 12:10:31 PM
Please take this as a seperate SNIDE comment but what the f@ck Sam?
Kevin Madden?

Well respected...yes. A great scoring forward in his day.

Proved track record...??? Some good work with Glenuillin, maybe a few other teams but come on.

Seems like a nice guy and all but increasingly it appears you need really good pedigree to do anything as a county manager. Which is fair enough. In a couple of years maybe.

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 20, 2008, 11:25:12 AM
Interesting comments sam...

How in the name of God do you come to the conclusion that Kevun Madden has a proven track record?

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on April 20, 2008, 12:10:58 PM
I would love to hear how sam see's Madden as having a proven track record...it must be the fact that he has been a manager of a club team for three months. Was sam that intoxicated when he made that post he did not know that this is Maddens first year to manage a senior club team.

Nice and simple boys. Do you think that Glenullin would have won (or got close to) a championship with the Baker in charge? Those in the know are of the belief that Glenullin's title is Madden's title. Madden may not have been manager by title, but that was all. Look too at the clamour from the Derry boys to get Cassidy in as their manager - and him bested by Madden. Compare too Madden's CV with that of the current Antrim manager. Is my proposal that objectionable?

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 20, 2008, 11:25:12 AM
Also if you could be mistaken on the Paul Murphy thing then that could mean that the good part of the basis for your opinion on Jody Gormley is wrong no? It's interesting you become so snide on something that you could be mistaken on.

I'm not mistaken. I preferred not to nail home your mistake and leave your dignity as tommygunn intact, rather than you appearing as tommytank.

I'll leave it up to the f**king experts here. I'm off for a pint.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

imtommygunn

Didn't make it to the game. Gees that's one of the worst results for Antrim footballers I can remember. There was a text message sent in saying that Jody Gormley's tactics, or lack of, lost us the game. Thought that could have been Sam though. Anyone care to give a report on the game and where we went wrong?

Any hope for the Cavan game?

ONeill

Not to worry. I hear Madden finished the Times crossword today. With that track record, he'll nail the Antrim conundrum.

Seriously poor and disheartening result. Antrim football has a habit of kicking you in the knackers when hopes are up. I've withdrawn my application for Antrimship. I know a blade in Fermanagh. That's the place for me.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyrone86

Quote from: saffron sam2 on April 20, 2008, 07:33:59 PM

Nice and simple boys. Do you think that Glenullin would have won (or got close to) a championship with the Baker in charge? Those in the know are of the belief that Glenullin's title is Madden's title. Madden may not have been manager by title, but that was all. Look too at the clamour from the Derry boys to get Cassidy in as their manager - and him bested by Madden. Compare too Madden's CV with that of the current Antrim manager. Is my proposal that objectionable?

I concur. More than the vast majority of the above is fact.

Gold

Nightmare.

Antrim football ALWAYS kicks you in the knackers when you dare to believe

as i said after the Offaly game--i hate the hush that invariably follows the crowd when leaving Casement after an Antrim game--perenial losers --it sickens me

sickening to have to travel to Ruislip and Nowlan Park again next year--f**king load of balls
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

NAG

Boys,

I am mainly a hurling man but i have watched my share and some others share too of antrim footballers.

I have to ask myself when I come into contact with the members of the county squad where their superior attitude comes from?

They havent won a meaningful games in a lifetime and yet they walk around as if they are all stars I think a bit of tough love is needed. I the st galls boys want to play inter county then they are treated like everyone else.

Time to get back to basics and get a committed squad played basic winning football and forget all this crap about tactics and running to the papers.