Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

Quote from: breakingball on August 01, 2023, 12:10:36 PM
Who cancelled?

The TEAMS (or one team).

Why?

They don't want to play two nights in a row. Fair enough excuse. Dates are very tight for everything now with the new split season. Trying to make a story out of nothing here as per usual on this board.

Quote from: JimStynes on August 01, 2023, 11:24:43 AM
Tonight's Laverty Cup final has been cancelled on the morning of the match. What a farce of a county.

Apparently the important league game tonight between Cargin and Creggan U17s has been moved now too. So their lads would have been fine to play last night.
Why didn't they just come out last week and say, we have a load of lads injured and away and can we try reschedule ffs.

Saffsof82

John Oboyle was the glue that stuck the Sw together, couldn't be replaced.

Saffsof82

Hearing that u18 down from next season will be run  by all county but reflect a regional system, ie. Div1 all county, Div1a city and div1b Sw.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Saffsof82 on August 04, 2023, 10:11:47 PM
John Oboyle was the glue that stuck the Sw together, couldn't be replaced.

Indeed when John was on Board games were played and all competitions proceeded as scheduled.......

Ghost+Tommy

I went to watch the u15 league decider on Thurs evening,St Brigid's v Pg1 as our lads play Pg1 in the championship,I have to say the fella Doherty and his understudy,I think it could be his brother or nephew who is along the line with him for Pg1 do some roaring and alot off it not encouraging,Pg1 must be stuck for coaches with these 2 balloons over them, ridiculous to say the least, I remember he wouldn't shake our managements hands when they got beat in the feile at our place earlier in the year,but congratulations to Pg1 winning the leagueanyway

Sonny Joe

Was brousing and came along this, so to summarise PG1 got bt in the feile final and alot of months later they won the league with the same management. Couldn I conclude that their management have improved their team. 🤷‍♂️
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

EOC1923

Some bull talked on here about u17 fixtures / who shouts along the line at u15 games. Every club works fixtures to suit themselves, no one doesn't do it. And everyone has the odd coach other teams don't like in their club. But bit harsh calling them balloons tbh.

Milltown Row2

I hear balloons at every game  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

The duo you mention G&T have delivered Casements first juvenile title, on the back of a county Og Sport last year. Loud yes, for some people that's arrogance, for others it's passion.

Owen Doherty can add these to a county under 21title he delivered a few years back, so in managerial terms he's going rightly! His son Oran is the star player in that under 15 team and has a very bright future ahead, almost certainly a Saffron senior in waiting. He is one of only a couple of players on this squad who move up next year, the rest are still underage.

The wingman you talk of is nephew Niall Kelly who managed Donaghmore to win the McLarnon Cup and All Ireland B college title. 

I wish we had a few more balloons like them!

Ghost+Tommy

Only my opinion BS,I too can be loud when involved with our youth,but to call it passion,I think you are wrong,flip sake you would've heard them at saintfield,alot off pressure to put on that young fella Bs as well saying he'll be a county senior,he's not even the best player on that team,but it's all about opinions

Ghost+Tommy

By the way Sonny boy,GNM beat our lads in the final off the feile, Doherty lost the plot in the group stages

rogercasement

Owen and Niall are cousins, not uncle nephew. Just saying lik

rogercasement

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 05, 2023, 08:18:42 PM
Quote from: rogercasement on August 05, 2023, 04:42:58 PM
Owen and Niall are cousins, not uncle nephew. Just saying lik
Glad you cleared that up, it was central to the story.

And there answers why I came of this board. For what it's worth I feel owen goes OTT with the young fellas.

rogercasement

Oh you can click on posts lol, I've your measure son. Why you so bothered by me? Think I know????

Ghost+Tommy

Fellas just putting it out there,who would the top 6 refs in the county be,seeing we've the 2nd round off championship fixs coming up this weekend and how is say the ref who would get the finals in all grades picked